Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 AM

79 posts, read 94,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well why the hell not?! This is our country. My son just graduated with a Bachelors, he cant find work right now, even the simple laboring jobs are gone. He is thinking leaving the country just to have a chance, sad ,he was BORN here, and may have to leave. Yet people support those that come here with no regards to the citizens of this country, protest for rights they dont have, take jobs they have no right too and disrespect us at every turn. Something is REALLY messed up with the USA. I would like to see this statistic of yours that states most are able to find work, all the kids I have talked to at our school are having to go back home for the summer and live with mom and dad because they cant find work.

Tell him to go to Mc Donals or Burger King he will find a job if he wants one bad enough.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:55 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Tell him to go to Mc Donals or Burger King he will find a job if he wants one bad enough.
That is not the point: why should an American citizen have to compete with illegal aliens for jobs here in the USA?

Trust me: Mexico would scream if it had to deal with ca. 3 million Gringos (legal or not) competing with the paisas for work there.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Nope, been there done that, not hiring. He doesn't speak Spanish anyway, only English and German.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 AM

291 posts, read 413,966 times
Quote:
hope he speaks fluent spanish, so he can communicate with the other workers.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
Nope, English and German. He is disgusted with America right now, he is looking into overseas work ( funny thing, he really has to prove himself to be allowed there, maybe we should take a cue from them), until things here change, he may be gone for awhile!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
I worked in fast food in the past and didn't have to speak Spanish...Actually at UCSB, I worked at the UCSB family vacation center where all but 3 of us were Hispanic (some forged documents to work there) et je parle Francais et Anglais (French and English).

Times are tough. In fact, I too was considering looking abroad (move back to Saudi Arabia to teach English...or S. Korea). With that said, I don't blame the current job market on illegal immigrants.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I worked in fast food in the past and didn't have to speak Spanish...Actually at UCSB, I worked at the UCSB family vacation center where all but 3 of us were Hispanic (some forged documents to work there) et je parle Francais et Anglais (French and English).

Times are tough. In fact, I too was considering looking abroad (move back to Saudi Arabia to teach English...or S. Korea). With that said, I don't blame the current job market on illegal immigrants.

That was then this is now, where we live they are the majority working in the "menial" jobs. Jobs that should be available at least to the teens to teach them the importance of work and how to take care of themselves. No the illegals are not entirely to blame but they certainly are not helping matters!! Imagine all those jobs would be available to Citizens needing work.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
[/b]

That was then this is now, where we live they are the majority working in the "menial" jobs. Jobs that should be available at least to the teens to teach them the importance of work and how to take care of themselves. No the illegals are not entirely to blame but they certainly are not helping matters!! Imagine all those jobs would be available to Citizens needing work.
I graduated in 2008...this wasn't eons ago. I live in California, Southern California. Illegal immigrants are leaving en masse. Also, the sectors that your son and I are looking for AREN'T affected by illegal immigrants (assuming since he is college educated).

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I graduated in 2008...this wasn't eons ago. I live in California, Southern California. Illegal immigrants are leaving en masse. Also, the sectors that your son and I are looking for AREN'T affected by illegal immigrants (assuming since he is college educated).
No you are correct, his field is not affected, but when the economy is in the state that it is in and his sector is not hiring at the moment, he should have the ability to find something to at least pay his bills, my son was raised to be a hard worker, physical labor does not scare him, our jobs should not go to those that don't belong here.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
No you are correct, his field is not affected, but when the economy is in the state that it is in and his sector is not hiring at the moment, he should have the ability to find something to at least pay his bills, my son was raised to be a hard worker, physical labor does not scare him, our jobs should not go to those that don't belong here.
Ironically, just got laid off today...It's hard, but I don't wish any hurt to another hard worker (be they American, legal, illegal, etc.) That's where I'm coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration