Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
saganista, if this thread were (better) titled "the dark side of non-assimilaton," what would your response be?
I might start by noting that anecdotal data, while perhaps making interesting reading, are indicative of nothing in particular at all. I might continue to note that assimilation models for comparison exist with some frequency in our history, and that trends within them tend to be generational. An overall lesson to be learned from them seems to be that assimilation is something to be actively encouraged and fostered, but not forced, upon newly arriving communities. It is hard for me to fathom how calls for roundups, deportations, and social exclusions of many and diverse forms can constitute examples of either the encouragement or fostering of assimilation. These seem more to me to be reactionary fight-or-flight responses born of an ignorance of both our situation and our history. But of course, I could be wrong about that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 06:17 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,623 times
Thank you for rejoining the debate, saganista. Within City-data, I seem to have to walk a fine line between anecdotal and factually backed up references, since the forum rules preclude copywritten material, yet one aches to back up what one writes. I have tried to excerpt and cite references when possible, but much of the purpose of this whole forum is in fact to be anecdotal. The locals of each of the states and areas here at the forums are expert enough for all the potential relocators and chatters here, providing insider local info. I presume most people read and compare the references of them, as one would with any study. I could be wrong or right too, like anyone else here.

Cards on the table-wise, I do wish criminal, incarcerated illegal aliens routinely would be deported: that actually would help both "sides" of the argument instantly. There would be less bad examples of particular foreign nationals, and less cost to local taxpayers for them.

Back to the dark side of non-assimilation, anecdotally but always backed up by so many more posters than me, which should be indicative of something of a universal situation. I live in Los Angeles in low-to-moderate income area. It used to be diverse, with people from everywhere in the world but who all spoke English. Since the demographic changeover after the 1994 earthquake, which jettisoned our professionals out of here, caused difficult to repair homes to go to foreclosure and planted goverment program new residents, who then rented to all their illegal relatives, our neighborhood has become a petri dish experiment of what goes wrong when all foreign nationals of one culture instead of many, half of whom are illegal, become the dominant demographic.

We now have neighbors who scream all night long outside of their houses, despite other neighbors' entreaties or even police intervention. We now have debris everywhere in a formerly house proud little neighborhood. We now have loose pitbulls, and many, many abandoned pets. We now have neighbors, the few who can speak English, shrieking back to everyone that they'll do exactly as they please and do everything exactly as they did in their "home country," because everything was better there except for American money! When, say, code enforcement laws are cited, they of course say they could f-k-g care less. We now have a horrendous graffiti problem, and a gang problem that has octupled.

This is all first hand stuff. Welcome to the L.A. of the non-rich. This is the dark side of aggressively ardent non-assimilation.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:10 PM

5 posts, read 40,103 times
Default Cultural Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Yes, the title does seem racist. However, I stand by my claim that multiculturalism is destructive for society. It leaves too many people with a feeling of isolation.

You're right. The day the pilgrims set foot on Plymouth Rock, this country was damned.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
There is a Dark Side to Diversity. Personally I think the word sounds like dirt in my ears and I always feel like spitting when I say it. Our ancestors came to America for a new life and those that followed dreamed of the greatest dream, being an American. The immigrants of today do not want to acclimate but make demands that we adjust to their culture! Try going to any country of any immigrant and make those kind of demands. You would likely be hinging from some lamp post. In fact it was recently in the news that Mexicans are the least likely to give up their Mexican citizenship. Most of these new immigrants have and probably never will have any loyalty to this country. United we stand, divided we fall. The oldest and most effective strength any people, nation our country could have. When it came to loyalty and standing up for America, there was no diversity, it was all for one and one for all.
Great post!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:49 PM

238 posts, read 227,961 times
WHO is teaching these people to be actually antagonistic and hateful towards Americans? I know the liberal PC types are telling newcomers to this nation that it is wrong and 'racist" for Americans to expect them to acclimate to our nation in any way, shape and form. But who is actively fanning the flames of racial hatred and discord?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:41 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainmom View Post
WHO is teaching these people to be actually antagonistic and hateful towards Americans? I know the liberal PC types are telling newcomers to this nation that it is wrong and 'racist" for Americans to expect them to acclimate to our nation in any way, shape and form. But who is actively fanning the flames of racial hatred and discord?
This was posted in another thread. I had forgotten about this little film, but it aptly shows what we face everytime we go out to protest against the insurgency. I was at many of these protests. The absolute hatred coming from these people is palpable. You can feel it in the air around you.

http://www.wehategringos.com/index2.shtml (broken link)

In addition to organizations such as La Raza, MEChA, Mexica.org, and Answer LA, Hispanic politicians and educators are also adding fuel to the fire.

They are coming to you. For you folks in Texas, you have one of the most radical Reconquistas in the movement today; right there at the University of Texas at Arlington, and this man has tenure! He, with his radical anti-American beliefs, is teaching the next generation his version of the American genocide. This is an excerpt from a statement by Jose Angel Gutierrez, an Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Texas at Arlington (and a former leader of the La Raza Unida political party) at a Latino conference held at the University of California, Riverside:

"We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population ... I love it. They are sh***ing in their pants with fear. I love it. The border remains a military zone. We remain a hunted people. Now you think you have a destiny to fulfill in this land that historically has been ours for forty thousand years, and we're a new Mestizo nation. And they want us to discuss civil rights. Civil rights! What law made by white men to oppress all of us of color, female and male! This is our homeland. We cannot, we will not, and we must not be made illegal in our own homeland. We are not im-mi-grants that came from another country to another country; we are migrants, free to travel the length and breadth of the Americas because we belong here. We are millions. We just have to survive. We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. It's a matter of time. [laughter] The explosion is in our population."

How does that make you feel? Your tax dollars are paying this man's salary.

For those of us in California--our state is rife with the Reconquista Movement.

According to Jose Pescador Osuna, the Mexican consul-general in Los Angeles:

"We are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California."

Mario Obledo was a co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund and the La Raza Lawyers of the California Bar Association. He formerly served as California's Secretary of Health and Welfare. This is what he had to say in not one, but three radio interviews:

Obledo: "We're going to take over all the political institutions of California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority population of this state."

Caller: "You also made the statement that California is going to become a Hispanic state, and if anyone doesn't like it, they should leave. Did you say that?"

Obledo: "I did. They ought to go back to Europe."

Augustin Cebada of the Brown Berets de Aztlan, a paramilitary offshoot of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA), delivered this speech during a Fourth of July rally held outside the Federal Building in Westwood, California:

"We're here today to show L.A., show the minority people here, the Anglo-Saxons, that we are here, the majority, we're here to stay. We do the work in this city, we take care of the spoiled brat children, we clean their offices, we pick the food, we do the manufacturing in the factories of L.A., we are the majority here, and we are not going to be pushed around.

We're here in Westwood, this is the fourth time we've been here in the last two months, to show white Anglo-Saxon Protestant L.A., the few of you who remain, that we are the majority, and we claim this land as ours, it's always been ours, and we're still here, and uh, none of this talk about deporting. If anybody's going to be deported it's going to be you.

[SHOUTING] Go back to Simi Valley, you skunks! Go back to Woodland Hills! Go back to Boston! Go back to the Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You're old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you; leave like beaten rats.

You old white people, it is your duty to die. Even their own ethicists say that they should die; that they have a duty to die. They're taking up too much space, too much air.

We are the majority in L.A. There's over seven million Mexicans in L.A. County alone. We are the majority. And you're going to see every day more and more of it, as we ... we manifest as our young people grow up, graduate from high school, go on to college and start taking over this society. Our people ... are ... the vast majority of our people are under the age of 15 years old. Right now we're already controlling those elections, whether it's through violence or nonviolence. Through love of having children we are gonna take over."

And from Art Torres, a former State Assembly member and State Senator of California at the same conference at U.C. Riverside where Jose Gutierrez of the University of Texas, Arlington made his traitorous speech:

"It is an honor to be with the new leadership of the Americas, here meeting at UC Riverside. So with 187 on the ballot, what is it going to take for our people to vote, to see us walking into the gas ovens? It is electoral power that is going to make the determination of where we go as a community. And power is not given to you; you have to take it. Remember: 187 is the last gasp of white America in California. Understand that. And people say to me on the Senate floor when I was in the Senate, 'Why do you fight so hard for affirmative action programs?' And I tell my white colleagues, 'because you're going to need them' [laughter]."

Any questions?

Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 PM

238 posts, read 227,961 times
Kele,

Thank you for the information. It's quite hilarious that Americans of ALL races who stand against this illegal invasion are branded as "racists" if they want their country to remain a sovereign nation by people loyal to its Constitution, whereas these poor oppressed folks, you know, the ones who get BILLIONS in free aid, are the 'victims" of "racism".

Old 05-11-2007, 08:43 PM

97 posts, read 371,806 times
Default A total distortion of the news to protect illegal and bad behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The dark side of diversity

Since the massacre of 32 students and teachers at Virginia Tech, the mainstream media have obsessed over the fact the crazed gunman was able to buy a Glock in the state of Virginia.

Little attention has been paid to the Richmond legislators who voted to make "Hokie Nation," a Middle American campus of 26,000 kids, a gun-free zone where only the madman had a semi-automatic.

Almost no attention has been paid to the fact that Cho Seung-Hui was not an American at all, but an immigrant, an alien. Had this deranged young man who secretly hated us never come here, 32 people would be heading home from Blacksburg for summer vacation.

What was Cho doing here? How did he get in?

Cho was among the 864,000 Koreans here as a result of the Immigration Act of 1965, which threw the nation's doors open to the greatest invasion in history, an invasion opposed by a majority of our people. Thirty-six million, almost all from countries whose peoples have never fully assimilated in any Western country, now live in our midst.

Cho was one of them.

Many immigrants do not assimilate. Many do not wish to. They seek community in their separate subdivisions of our multicultural, multiracial, multiethnic, multilingual mammoth mall of a nation. And in numbers higher than our native born, some are going berserk here.

The 1993 bombers of the World Trade Center and the killers of 9-11 were all immigrants or illegals. Colin Ferguson, the Jamaican who massacred six and wounded 19 in an anti-white shooting spree on the Long Island Railroad, was an illegal. John Lee Malvo, the Beltway Sniper, was flotsam from the Caribbean.

Angel Resendez, the border-jumping rapist who killed at least nine women, was an illegal alien. Julio Gonzalez, who burned down the Happy Land social club in New York, killing 87, arrived in the Mariel boatlift.

Ali Hassan Abu Kama, who wounded seven, killing one, in a rampage on the observation deck of the Empire State Building, was a Palestinian. As was Sirhan Sirhan, the assassin of Robert Kennedy.

The rifleman who murdered two CIA employees at the McLean, Va., headquarters was a Pakistani. When Chai Vang, a Hmong, was told by a party of Wisconsin hunters to vacate their deer stand, he shot six to death. Peter Odighizuwa, the gunman who killed the dean, a teacher and a student at the Appalachian School of Law, was a Nigerian.

Hesham Hadayet, who shot up the El Al counter at LAX, killing two and wounding four, was an Egyptian immigrant. Gamil al-Batouti, the copilot who yelled, "I put my faith in Allah's hands," as he crashed his plane into the Atlantic after departing JFK Airport, killing 217, was an Egyptian.

Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, the UNC graduate who ran his SUV over nine people on Chapel Hill campus and said he was "thankful for the opportunity to spread the will of Allah," was an Iranian.

Juan Corona, who murdered 25 people in California to be ranked with the likes of Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy, was a Mexican.

Where does one find such facts? On VDARE.com, a website that covers the dark side of diversity covered up by a politically correct media, which seem to believe it is socially unhealthy for us Americans to see any correlation at all between mass migrations and mass murder.

"In our diversity is our strength!" So we are endlessly lectured. But are we really a better, safer, freer, happier, more united and caring country than we were before, against our will, we became what Theodore Roosevelt called "a polyglot boarding house for the world"?

It is funny how the media tries to portrait aliens who hate this country as "free speech loving people".

As an example... watching MSNBC (a far left media outlet)... they were covering teh NYC story of the family that was torched down because there were like 20 people in a 2bed condo in NYC.

The owner of the place as a Somalian immigrant and he had a ton of kids in there from 3 wifes he is LEGALLY MARRIED to in his country.

Now, when you fill out the Immigration form to get a Green card (I-485) there is a question on pg. 3 that reads :"do you intend to practice polygamy in the United States or do you practice poligamy or are married to more than one person at the same time"?

I BET this guy answered "no" or he would not have been here legally. His Green card would have been denied. So after this fire thing is on TV, his 2 other wives and several of his other kids are here illegally and they are exposed to the world about what is going on. Think Immigration went there to pick them up? NAH!!

Now, when MSNBC reported the story, they said "polygamy is part of their religion and cultural heritage" and then ended the story by saying "Somalian Immigrants are friendly, hard-working, and very trustworthy people who come to the USA to have a better life for themselves".

HOW IS THAT FAIR REPORTING??? WHERE IS THE 'THEY SHOULD NOT BEEN LIVING IN A 2 BED HOUSE WITH 20 SOME PEOPLE! THEY SHOULD NOT BE HERE ILLEGALY! THEY SHOULD NOT BE COMMITING A FELONY OF POLYGAMY!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:41 AM

430 posts, read 1,394,280 times
This country has always been divided. We have always been dishonest with ourselves. The U.S. started as a resource extraction colony for England. I think the U.S. is probably doomed as a country. -Too bad, because I actually LIKE this country and think we have a lot to be proud of.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:44 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
Needed the money??? I hope the people you know did not join the military for the money because it sucks...I have a hard time believing that you know anybody who has been in the military with the comments that you have just made.

Yeah, I had a cousin that joined the military for the money, he risked a little mental illness and when he got out he had enough money to buy a house house in Malibu Canyon and a new BMW. Those are high paying jobs, people are literally dying to get into the military OMG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration