Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
What you say is true. But there are 100 other threads discussing all aspects of illegal immigration. This thread is about remittances, and why they are not necessarily bad for our economy. It is relevant to this forum because illegal aliens send many billions of dollars home in remittance money.
And since the only way remittances can be good for the economy is that they permanently leave the economy and must never come back, we should print up trillions of remittance dollars that are separate from ours.

It would be better to let the illegals stay home raising their children and every month, they can go pick up these remittance dollars. This way families can stay together and as we all realize much of the work illegals do is not beneficial in any way. Fewer than 1 million people work in agriculture and not all of them are illegals so agriculture explains only a handful of jobs.

In reality many illegals are here mopping the floors and making beds of private homes, raking the leaves in yards that the homeowner doesn't want to rake himself or pay legal wages to have raked.

Every job done by an illegal could be done by an American if wages and benefits were brought up a little - and would be a great investment in America.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times
Ha ha! Either you guys are mocking me by playing dumb. Or you are not playing. If you can't understand the concept by now then it is a lost cause.

/Retrieves cone shaped dunce caps from classroom closet. Distributes them to the feeble minded./

Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Ha ha! Either you guys are mocking me by playing dumb. Or you are not playing. If you can't understand the concept by now then it is a lost cause.

/Retrieves cone shaped dunce caps from classroom closet. Distributes them to the feeble minded./

That's a wierd way to concede your argument is standing on one leg. You tried to place parameters on a half baked idea and it was shredded. (shrug).

Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's a wierd way to concede your argument is standing on one leg. You tried to place parameters on a half baked idea and it was shredded. (shrug).
Yeppers: whenever a poster has to resort to personal attacks against one's intelligence--------that underlines the fact he/she is losing the argument.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ha ha! Concede the point I was making? No. But I have given up on your education. You don't get it. And never will. It is clearly a lost cause.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Ha ha! Concede the point I was making? No. But I have given up on your education. You don't get it. And never will. It is clearly a lost cause.
Get what? You haven't defined a clear data point. All you have done is try to parce a little segment of a large equation in hopes you can nullify any negative responses to your topic. Apparently you and only you, not the 30 other people on the thread, get "it". Whatever "it", all in it's secret formula is. We have now reduced, not deduced "it" down to "it". An imaginary widget, cool.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Wow, you'll look funny wearing all those hats by yourself!

Go back and read Economics 101 - Economies grow when money circulates within them. Removing money from an economy, thus preventing it's circulation and further use, does not allow said economy to benefit from re-use of those funds. Growth becomes negative (or remains flat) when measured against the activities involved in such a scenario.

Hell, I'm not even an economist and I understand that!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Bottom line: remittances from here to Mexico help that nation----------not the USA.

Much like Italians, etc. working legally in the former West Germany 50 years ago; just that the latter country needed the additional labor.

Looking at the USA today: we sure as hell do not need any illegals to do anything except leave.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Wow, you'll look funny wearing all those hats by yourself!

Go back and read Economics 101 - Economies grow when money circulates within them. Removing money from an economy, thus preventing it's circulation and further use, does not allow said economy to benefit from re-use of those funds. Growth becomes negative (or remains flat) when measured against the activities involved in such a scenario.

Hell, I'm not even an economist and I understand that!
The Fed controls our money supply. Our money supply is just about right sized for our economy. Just look at inflation rates over the past quarter century or so.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line: remittances from here to Mexico help that nation----------not the USA.
Still, you have it bass ackwards. Okay. Let’s look at it from a different angle. The Euro is a fairly strong, widely traded currency. Would it be good for the U.S. if we had U.S. expatriates over working in Germany sending Euros home to the U.S.? What would be the effect would it have on our economy if this Euro importation trend continued, and in 10 years a large portion—say 25% or so—of the currency passed in the America was Euros? Would that be a good thing for the United States? Think about what we Americans would have exchanged to get those Euros. The value of the expats' labor would have been exchanged over in Germany. (Over in Germany!)

Would it be good or bad for Germany if this happened? That is, if a bunch of American expats lived and worked over there, sending Euros home to the U.S.? Answer: Germany would have gained the value of the American expat’s labor at a cost of the Euros—not the Euro value sent home to the U.S., but rather the actual cost of printing that many Euros and introducing them into the German economy. I hope you understand that they would introduce enough new Euros into the European market to replace the lost Euros—so they would not suffer inflation due to the loss of their currency.

Would this little scenario happened would Germany be worse off? No—not if they controlled their money supply to negate the effects of the Euros leaving Germany. Would they be better off? Well, yes—to the extent that they enjoyed the fruits of the American expats’ labor in return for trading some currency (which they carefully replaced, replenishing their currency supply).

This is not a terribly difficult concept to grasp. Yet…dunce caps. Oh well, the mere fact that nobody who posts in this forum understands what I am saying about remittances does not make what I’ve said incorrect.

Quote:
Much like Italians, etc. working legally in the former West Germany 50 years ago; just that the latter country needed the additional labor.
Fine example. Whose economy strengthened more and made a better comeback in the period following WWII? Germany's or Italy's?

Quote:
Looking at the USA today: we sure as hell do not need any illegals to do anything except leave.
I thought we were talking about remittances in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration