Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Sorry Bentbo. I cannot simplify the explanation any further. This will just have to be one of those concepts that remains beyond your grasp.
Funny: pretty much any other First World country has strict enforcement of immigration laws and does not seem to be hurting--------------why should things be different here in the USA? As it is; more and more nations in at least Europe are 'encouraging' even their legal immigrants who are not citizens to go home.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny: pretty much any other First World country has strict enforcement of immigration laws and does not seem to be hurting--------------why should things be different here in the USA? As it is; more and more nations in at least Europe are 'encouraging' even their legal immigrants who are not citizens to go home.
That would be a GREAT topic for another thread. This thread is about remittances, and how they are good for our economy.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Sorry Bentbo. I cannot simplify the explanation any further. This will just have to be one of those concepts that remains beyond your grasp.

If it does not make sense and there are no numbers to back up your theory, except the number going out, there is nothing to grasp onto.

It is like every American citizen, take a dollar bill, wads it up and throws it in the fireplace.
That is gone, now they have to print more to take its place. Lowering the value of that dollar. For every action, there is a reaction.
Anyone can spout out theories and ideas, but without backing it up, it is you that is grasping. That is why you believe it is an uphill battle. Your lack of education is getting in the way of your lack of common sense.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If it does not make sense and there are no numbers to back up your theory, except the number going out, there is nothing to grasp onto.

It is like every American citizen, take a dollar bill, wads it up and throws it in the fireplace. That is gone, now they have to print more to take its place. Lowering the value of that dollar. For every action, there is a reaction.
Nice analogy. Here is a better one:
An illegal alien shows up to your door on a cold winter day with an armful of firewood. You pay him $1 dollar for it, put it in the fireplace and light a fire. But the illegal has had a bit too much tequila. In his drunken stupor he wads up the $1 bill and throws it in the fireplace. Uncle Sam, lurking outside your window, sees the destruction of the $1 bill. He pulls out his crafty portable printer and prints a new one. Uncle Sam places the new bill on the street corner for a U.S. citizen to find and enter into the stream of commerce. The end.

I hope this helps you to understand. Thanks for trying.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 AM

I tell him no I don't need your services, I have already got my wood for the winter, I cut & split myself.

That is a lousy analogy, that makes no sense.
Next!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:53 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
After reading the first few posts of nonsense, I could'nt bring myself to read the entire thread so forgive me if this has been said: Monkey, the only way I can see that that remittance would be of any benefit is if you paid an educated illegal to tutor you in economics.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
After reading the first few posts of nonsense, I could'nt bring myself to read the entire thread .
No need to read this whole thread. There are a lot of ignorant and off-topic posts. Instead, if you are interested in the topic just read the hypothetical at post #60, and maybe the explanations at posts #75 and #78. Then you would understand my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Monkey, the only way I can see that that remittance would be of any benefit is if you paid an educated illegal to tutor you in economics.
The topic would then be Economía, right?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:25 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,442 times
Quote:
Nice analogy. Here is a better one:
An illegal alien shows up to your door on a cold winter day with an armful of firewood. You pay him $1 dollar for it, put it in the fireplace and light a fire. But the illegal has had a bit too much tequila. In his drunken stupor he wads up the $1 bill and throws it in the fireplace. Uncle Sam, lurking outside your window, sees the destruction of the $1 bill. He pulls out his crafty portable printer and prints a new one. Uncle Sam places the new bill on the street corner for a U.S. citizen to find and enter into the stream of commerce. The end.

I hope this helps you to understand. Thanks for trying.
That's the thing with an open border pro illegal enabler with a clearcut agenda. Spout some ridiculous moronic marxist economic theory, get shot down by those who are far more intelligent than you, crash and burn, then come back immediately and act as if you had won something. We see this tactic used again and again.

Your ridiculous analogy, I particularly like the part about the illegal Mexican in a drunken tequila stupor, in a bizarre way does capture the out of control nature of the fed gov printing unlimited dollars.

The $200 billion of American wealth that leaves the US every year in remittances is of itself a definite harm to the US economy. Consider the lost opportunity of that $200 billion staying in the US, circulating through many hands, stimulating the economy, creating more wealth many times over, and very important right now creating jobs.

OK, monkey, time to claim victory about something about your clearcut agenda from Calderon that remitances don't hurt the US.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
No need to read this whole thread. There are a lot of ignorant and off-topic posts. Instead, if you are interested in the topic just read the hypothetical at post #60, and maybe the explanations at posts #75 and #78. Then you would understand my point.

The topic would then be Economía, right?

O.....Kay

Old 10-27-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
O.....Kay

I have gone to great effort in this thread trying to explain my point of view about remittances. Look at post #35, in addition to #60, #75 and #78 mentioned above. If you want to understand what I am talking about go back and read these posts. If not then just keep making snide remarks and using emoticons. Oh, and don’t forget to mention my lack of education—something that you seem to have latched on to. I find your remarks quite humorous. Annoying, but humorous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration