Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtallredhead View Post
There are a lot Of pure blooded Indians coming from Mexico to the U.S., but most of them are CULTURALY Mestizo, speak Spanish and are not tribal. There are also a lot of Mestizos who are of mostly European decent coming over as well, both many from the urban middle class, which is struggling, and many from poor pheasant backgrounds in the north. Northern Mexico has a lot of very poor Mestizos of mostly European decent, including Irish. There are also some very wealthy mestizos in Mexico.

But on average, yes, The more Indian, the worse treated and the poorer, -and those of pure European decent are generally doing quite well. But actually, a lot of them are foreign born, especially American. Most of the "White" elite in Mexico actually do have some Indian blood, but are of mostly European decent, and are classified as "White".

Vicente fox is actually mestizo, BTW. He is tall and light skinned (but still tan), and has light hair. But look at his facial features. He has squint eyes, a somewhat hooked nose and high cheekbones. He is also part Irish, -who mostly came to Mexico as poor migrant workers and blended into the mestizo majority over time.

Seriously, if Fox were short and wore work cloths instead of a suit and Tie, but were otherwise the same, he would be called mestizo instead of white. Goes to show how socioeconomic class on it's own can influence racial classification.
You're wrong. The Indian population of Mexico is hovering somewhere between 10 and 13%. Mestizos make up a little over 80% of Mexico's population. A Mestizo is a person of Meso American Indian and Spanish/European ancestry. The Native Indian tribes of Mexico have been suppressed much in the same way that the Native American tribes of our country have been.

Seriously, where are you getting some of this information? You have the factual mixed in with misconceptions. It's a bizarre sort of conglomerate of stuff.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 PM

430 posts, read 1,394,179 times
I didn't say anything about What actual percentage Of people from Mexico are pure Indian. -I said "a lot", and yes there are a lot. It is not most, however.

There are various estimates of the "pure blooded" Indian population in Mexico. I large minority are t least primarily Indian, -its hard to say how many have NO European blood.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtallredhead View Post
I didn't say anything about What actual percentage Of people from Mexico are pure Indian. -I said "a lot", and yes there are a lot. It is not most, however.

There are various estimates of the "pure blooded" Indian population in Mexico. I large minority are t least primarily Indian, -its hard to say how many have NO European blood.
My information comes from a Ph.D. in Meso American studies with a photographic mind and a flair for figures along with a governmental census done in 2004. I doubt the data has changed that much since then.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:12 AM

430 posts, read 1,394,179 times
He may well be right, it dose not really contradict anything I said. Of course I am sometimes wrong, like with anyone.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,620 times
Default Actually

Actually most Mexicans are RACIALLY Amerindian or Nican Tlaca (our term for our race), but because of Mestizaje the following occures :

In Mexico and Peru, mestizo has also come to be used as a cultural label. In a cultural context, people are considered indígena (Amerindian) if they live following their traditional ways of life (clothing, customs and indigenous languages), otherwise they are also deemed mestizo, or what in Central America would be called a ladino, not directly related to the Ladino people of Europe. Additionally in the Mexican case, most of the Afro-Mexican minority would also simply identify as mestizo by virtue of their cultural traits, rather than as black, mulatto or zambo by their ancestry. These cultural implications of "mestizo" can result in an over count of the population - in the Mexican case, as high as 42% according to some sources - which would otherwise be Indian on a racial level.[ Also, race is not recorded by the Mexican or Peruvian census, so that any calculations performed by government bodies or independent agencies are always estimates.

So we are mostly Indians, RedHair was correct

Vicente is not Mestizo or Indian though, while some mestizo (racially) can get light hair and even blue eyes, he has thinner lips and a non brachyialradial scull and a prominent chin also no epicanthal eyefolds - in short he is european

Last edited by Nahuatl01; 06-11-2007 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: forget to add sometin

Old 06-12-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuatl01 View Post
Actually most Mexicans are RACIALLY Amerindian or Nican Tlaca (our term for our race), but because of Mestizaje the following occures :

In Mexico and Peru, mestizo has also come to be used as a cultural label. In a cultural context, people are considered indígena (Amerindian) if they live following their traditional ways of life (clothing, customs and indigenous languages), otherwise they are also deemed mestizo, or what in Central America would be called a ladino, not directly related to the Ladino people of Europe. Additionally in the Mexican case, most of the Afro-Mexican minority would also simply identify as mestizo by virtue of their cultural traits, rather than as black, mulatto or zambo by their ancestry. These cultural implications of "mestizo" can result in an over count of the population - in the Mexican case, as high as 42% according to some sources - which would otherwise be Indian on a racial level.[ Also, race is not recorded by the Mexican or Peruvian census, so that any calculations performed by government bodies or independent agencies are always estimates.

So we are mostly Indians, RedHair was correct

Vicente is not Mestizo or Indian though, while some mestizo (racially) can get light hair and even blue eyes, he has thinner lips and a non brachyialradial scull and a prominent chin also no epicanthal eyefolds - in short he is european
While 80% of the population of Mexico has Amerindian blood, 80% of the population is not fully Amerindian. 80% of Mexico's population is Mestizo, that is...80% of the population is Amerindian in the way that I am Apache--watered down to 1/4 on my mother's side, but my blonde hair and blue eyes from my Nordic father do not indicate my Native American ancestry.

Fox is plainly Spanish with no Amerindian ancestry.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
One thing I find interesting about the Hispanic invasion of America is the choice of their leaders. In many cases the people who speak for the illegal aliens from Latin America are Spanish not Indian. This is a big issue. Why do they choose Hispanic people whose ancestry goes back to Spain, instead of one of the various Indian Groups that have lived in Mexico and the rest of Latin America for generations?

Most illegal aliens from Latin America are not Spanish they are Indian. The people who are European Spanish in Mexico are lighter skinned elites in their country. They do not have to walk hundreds of miles across the desert to make it into America illegally.

No one seems to want to talk about the Spanish vs Indian aspect of illegal immigration. Why?

I do talk about that. Sometimes. I've been called, NAZI, antichrist, devil, bad human and whatever you an think. But the truth is the truth. It is a delicate topic. But what you say is the plain truth. Those White hispanic activists are making big bucks using these low class immigrants. And these poor people (mostly indians) are the low class in those countries. Those who live under extreme poverty. SOmehow through history, they stayed segregated and discriminated in those countries. They were left behind. Now, these modern pirates and mercenaries sell them the famous "we are united latinos" to keep them in poverty and make money from them. Slowly but steady, all these people turn every city into a third world.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:32 PM

12 posts, read 39,796 times
I don't get why this matters it's just the culture that sets us apart TBH.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:36 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
No one seems to want to talk about the Spanish vs Indian aspect of illegal immigration. Why?

I don't think most people know about this. I knew that the Spanish grossly abused the Indians when they came, but I didn't know about the racism still existed in their country until I met my husband, who is Hispanic.

I think we should talk more about it because this means that the illegals in our country are fleeing racism in their own country. This changes a person.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I don't think most people know about this. I knew that the Spanish grossly abused the Indians when they came, but I didn't know about the racism still existed in their country until I met my husband, who is Hispanic.

I think we should talk more about it because this means that the illegals in our country are fleeing racism in their own country. This changes a person.
If they are fleeing racism, why do so many insist on hanging on to their customs and their flag, refusing to assimilate into American culture?

Personally, I'd have a problem with a country which treated me like a third-class citizen and once I was out of there, I'd have no problem embracing a culture which treated me like a person and eschewing any loyalty to a country which treated me like crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration