Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

We need to hire some Iranian and/or North Korean border guards.
You may be onto something there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That's beside the point. They were caught and detained before any allegation of purpose was made. I'm merely saying we need to emulate the efficiency of capturing and effectively detaining those crossing the border illegally. The Iranians and NK'ers are doing something right in that area. I'm sure they would not have been distracted if the border crossers had been pregnant and/or dragging children with them.
Perhaps the USA needs to be as harsh in our dealings with illegal aliens.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,969 times
Day late and a dollar short with upgrading our border security.
Or, should I say, the likes of NAFTA along with many cities here in America that are sanctuaries for illegals once they get here......the issue is effectively, a moot one thesedays and efforts will continue to seek amnesty for the illegals that are already here, IMO.

Yep....America and its policies regarding this issue......have NEVER truly been taken seriously and it has all resulted in a massive failure of "security" just as it always has with the "War on Drugs."
Also.....Work visas that allow foreigners here "temporarily" to work.....but how many of these people STAY here, illegally?
Free trade and the construction of a super-highway for "goods" to flow north from Mexico into Texas and beyond to Canada? Won't JUST.....be "goods" travelling up that highway. I can envision MUCH more.

IF legislation is ever passed allowing the use of lethal force to be used on illegals/drug mules, etc.......first and foremost......along our borders.....THEN you will see a big reduction in both....ILLEGAL immigration...AND drug smuggling.
Otherwise, we are forced to accept the crap we do now and have for so long!
But.....since money talks and corruption is so rampant everywhere.....the SOS will only continue and at the greatest threat and expense.....to American citizens.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Let me see if I understand all this....

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY...
YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR...

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY...

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET A
DRIVER'S LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS, FREE EDUCATION, AND FREE HEALTH CARE?

Nope..I guess I still don't understand...

A workmate sent this to me. Let me hear everybody who can argue these points. I want to hear your views. The topic is as old as dirt, but as relevant as ever in today's society.
Pretty ridiculous huh? Don't forget if you cross the border you also have a job waiting for you most of the time. Illegals probably have lower unemployment than legals do.

U have to wonder why they come?............{sarcsm}............I mean can we really blame them that much? If I lay a big pile of money on my front lawn, people are bound to come and take it, who's fault is it?

America dug this hole, now we all lay in it.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Day late and a dollar short with upgrading our border security.
Or, should I say, the likes of NAFTA along with many cities here in America that are sanctuaries for illegals once they get here......the issue is effectively, a moot one thesedays and efforts will continue to seek amnesty for the illegals that are already here, IMO.

Yep....America and its policies regarding this issue......have NEVER truly been taken seriously and it has all resulted in a massive failure of "security" just as it always has with the "War on Drugs."
Also.....Work visas that allow foreigners here "temporarily" to work.....but how many of these people STAY here, illegally?
Free trade and the construction of a super-highway for "goods" to flow north from Mexico into Texas and beyond to Canada? Won't JUST.....be "goods" travelling up that highway. I can envision MUCH more.

IF legislation is ever passed allowing the use of lethal force to be used on illegals/drug mules, etc.......first and foremost......along our borders.....THEN you will see a big reduction in both....ILLEGAL immigration...AND drug smuggling.
Otherwise, we are forced to accept the crap we do now and have for so long!
But.....since money talks and corruption is so rampant everywhere.....the SOS will only continue and at the greatest threat and expense.....to American citizens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Pretty ridiculous huh? Don't forget if you cross the border you also have a job waiting for you most of the time. Illegals probably have lower unemployment than legals do.

U have to wonder why they come?............{sarcsm}............I mean can we really blame them that much?

America dug this hole, now we all lay in it.
It is not too late to makes things right again. If anything; this recession is a golden opportunity to come down hard on the illegal aliens and their enablers.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:31 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is not too late to makes things right again. If anything; this recession is a golden opportunity to come down hard on the illegal aliens and their enablers.
Maybe so......but its NOT gonna happen under this current administration.
Never.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is, but look, other high priorities are taking the front of the queue again (wars, health care, economy). I doubt anything in the form of "coming down hard" occurs anytime soon.

Every day we continue to give out $ by $ and deny to take down employers, another scoop of dirt gets shoveled upon the hole that was dug by America.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 AM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes it's all true.

Even in Mexico, if you are caught there illegally, you are deported and banned from reentry for 10 years. They don't handout drivers licenses, social security cards free health care, food stamps and all the rest just because you decided to ignore their immigration laws. Only in America.
I was shooting for a hint of sarcasm with this thread. It's just mind blowing to me how many in this country treat this issue as if it will never come back to bite us. Would a grocery store survive if it handed out free food on a daily basis? Do any other countries do what we do when trespassers enter through their borders?

I have to watch what I say these days as I have been mod cut for "advocating violence" before, but really....? What are we as hard working tax paying citizens supposed to feel when we see this nonsense go on daily, and these people flow through our borders with perverse immunity to our laws. They don't seem to get the message. Or better yet... Maybe they do. FREE EVERYTHING!!!!!

The fact of the matter is there is only one entity to blame for this problem, and it is NOT the poor mexican seeking a better life. Mexico's government could care less if half their population hopped the border. It would just further widen the desparity gap between filthy rich and dirt poor. Our government needs to grow a spine and stop caring about the relations we have with our neighbor to the south.

This will never happen, though, as the minority vote is what makes or breaks candidates at election time these days. Politician's are too afraid to "offend" anyone. It saddens me deeply to watch my country slip into this black hole.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
Give us your tired, your poor, your illegals.....
I would preferr Ill eagles fix the birds up, and kick out the human lawbreakers...

Old 10-28-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Give us your tired, your poor, your illegals.....
I would preferr Ill eagles fix the birds up, and kick out the human lawbreakers...

Kicking them out, just won't work. You have to kill the demand for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration