Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 03:46 AM

277 posts, read 368,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I like where you are going with this thought. Could you elaborate on it just a little? Would it really be that hard to justify in today's post- 9/11 world?

Unfortunately, like AZ Bear stated, it has no chance of becoming a reality in the bleeding heart liberal cesspool we call America these days.
America...the liberal cesspool? LOL. I LOVE AMERICA...doesn't sound like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:26 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
You are comparing these oppressive regimes to the US? Please, don't disrespect the US.
No, they were comparing the enforcement of our immigration laws to theirs. We are too lax in enforcing ours. Nothing oppressive about having and enforcing immigration laws by any country including the U.S.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:29 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
America...the liberal cesspool? LOL. I LOVE AMERICA...doesn't sound like you do.
We love our country also but recognizing that there are some among us that are trying to turn it into a liberal cesspool doesn't equate to hatred for our country. In fact it shows that we care enough about it to try and stop this from happening.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,673,997 times
I am a Conservative and voted for George Bush twice. He was terrible on his stance with illegal immigration so this is not just a Democrat thing. Bush did absolutely nothing to seal the borders with Mexico and Canada. Perhaps he did not want to seem disparaging to his brother Jeb's wife who is Hispanic or perhaps he really believed his BS line of how illegals are necessary for the economy to survive. They should be rounded up no matter what the cost in time and manpower and sent back to where ever they came from. It should be the number one priority with this government to clean these people out of here. They are all criminals by definition and should be treated as such. Then they should build the fences that they already approved the money for to keep these people out of this country. If we show we're the least bit serious about securing our borders they may think twice about coming across illegally. This country is unfortunately run by marshmallows and jellyfish with absolutely no spine and the illegals know it.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:34 AM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:

Please take a moment to look at post #43. This is essential in explaining why I feel the way I do. I love my country, not my government.

We have relaxed our immigration standards to a point where they are a complete joke. Politicians will not push to pass new hard line anti-illegal immigration policies because they do not want to "offend" minorities. It's not good for reelection odds.

Most immigrants come to the U.S. to make a better life for themselves. Why can't our friends to the south do it legally like people from every other country coming here to seek a better life?

Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
I got a great idea...let's base ALL of our laws on these regimes...

Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I got a great idea...let's base ALL of our laws on these regimes...
How about we just enforce our laws as effectively as they enforce their laws?

Old 11-13-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
How about we just enforce our laws as effectively as they enforce their laws?
Why not actually make laws that are better than the ones in existence and enforce those?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:46 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Why not actually make laws that are better than the ones in existence and enforce those?
Why not enforce the ones we have and see how it works before making new ones?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why not enforce the ones we have and see how it works before making new ones?
We tried. Obviously the old ones aren't that great...so we make BETTER laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration