Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 PM

706 posts, read 940,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-iron View Post
So what makes up a "true American" (your definition).

BTW I'm a proud American and it offends me you may be hinting that I am in fact not a true blue American.
d-iron, if I felt you were not a "true blue American. trust me....I would not just drop a hint...I would come right out and say how I felt

As far as what makes up a "true American", that's a tough as well as a very complex issue. Suffice it to say that there are plenty out there who disagree with me on many points,not just illegal aliens, whom I consider "true Americans" even though they hold the wrong political beliefs...one of our freedoms is the right to be wrong...

Old 11-08-2009, 04:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Spanish is the most predominant ethnicity in the usa, and the fastest growing, obviously there are asian, eastern european, mediterranean, african cultures, etc that co-exist in the usa, the one thing we don't get from england is culture or cuisine(among the worst in the world), but we do get some positives, like organizational skills, etc,,,,,
Try again: there are few true Spaniards here in the USA. Besides: comparing a Spaniard to a Mexican is fightin' words whereas the other way around is grudgingly accepted.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Never mind if the USA went 'Hispanic', it would probably force most Latinos into subservient roles due to the White supremacy of Hispanc culture.

Short sighted ethnocentric fools.
aahhhhhhh!!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You mean like the Spaniards? The ancestor's of the Mestizo Mexicans? Pot, kettle, black.

As you know, the OP had absolutely no mention of the Spaniards, although he certainly could have included them among the barbarians..........He was glorifying killing, plundering, pillaging, theft etc., and Spain was definitely complicit in that.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Many (Mestizo) Hispanics find that fact too painful to face.
Yet they celebrate it anyway.......

Old 11-08-2009, 08:48 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Spanish is the most predominant ethnicity in the usa, and the fastest growing, obviously there are asian, eastern european, mediterranean, african cultures, etc that co-exist in the usa, the one thing we don't get from england is culture or cuisine(among the worst in the world), but we do get some positives, like organizational skills, etc,,,,,
Do you honestly believe if the southwestern part of the USA had remained part of Mexico that San Francisco would have two bridges and cable cars? Or the Hoover dam would have been built on the Colorado river? Would Las Vegas in this alternate history be the gambling capital of the world??

Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Do you honestly believe if the southwestern part of the USA had remained part of Mexico that San Francisco would have two bridges and cable cars? Or the Hoover dam would have been built on the Colorado river? Would Las Vegas in this alternate history be the gambling capital of the world??
Ok...OK..OK...we get your point. Maybe all this 'stuff' wouldn't exist. But look at the bright side. If Mexico was still in charge, neither the California Aqueduct...NOR the Colorado River Aqueduct..NOR the Owens Valley Aqueduct...would ever have been built...and, since the LA Basin, with its 14" annual rainfall, could only support about a quarter million people with its 'natural' water supply, the twelve million people who NOW live in the area would NOT....and maybe we wouldn't have all these %$##@# traffic jams !!! (we probably wouldn't have any illegals, either). We wouldn't even have Paris Hilton. And maybe Antonio Villaraigosa wouldn't be Mayor, either...maybe he really WOULD be 'cleaning toilets', instead of just claiming to.

So maybe 'remaining part of Mexico' would have had a few advantages, after all....at LEAST, we'd have a little 'culture'...and maybe some decent cuisine...(unless we had to leave home to illegally seek work in Portland, or Seattle)..

Old 11-08-2009, 09:32 PM

411 posts, read 468,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post

Mexico may be whatever you claim, but they ate pretty good in architecture, have you ever being to mexico???

Old 11-09-2009, 02:23 AM

22 posts, read 18,638 times
Quote:
Try again: there are few true Spaniards here in the USA. Besides: comparing a Spaniard to a Mexican is fightin' words whereas the other way around is grudgingly accepted.
Find me a Mexican who isn't of pure Spanish lineage that will accept being called a Spaniard, and I'll decide that you are not completely full of you know what. But I'm already pretty convinced of the latter.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerrabbit View Post
Find me a Mexican who isn't of pure Spanish lineage that will accept being called a Spaniard, and I'll decide that you are not completely full of you know what. But I'm already pretty convinced of the latter.
Care to explain why several 'brown' Hispanics told me while visiting Spain they were treated like trash due to them not being White?

If I were a Mestizo; I would find the Mx telenovelas offensive since precious few Mexicans look 'Anglo'. Virtually all of the lower class roles go to Mestizos whereas the leading ones go to obviously White people of Danish, English, etc. heritage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration