Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
If it's racist to be against illegal immigration, presumably based on the premise that the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, then one could make the argument that it's racist to support illegal immigration, based on the premise that the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic.

That is exactly what I have been saying from day one.

That is it exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:37 AM

804 posts, read 2,891,639 times
It is not "racist" to be against illegal immigration. That is just the argument the 'other side' throws at you to make you feel bad and back down so you are not pegged a racist. I really don't care what people think. I am against Illegal Immigration no ifs ands or buts.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
It is not "racist" to be against illegal immigration. That is just the argument the 'other side' throws at you to make you feel bad and back down so you are not pegged a racist. I really don't care what people think. I am against Illegal Immigration no ifs ands or buts.
My reply to the 'race card' is the criminal 'card': I can safely say that 100% of all illegal aliens age 18 and older are such factoring in ID theft, non reporting of income--------crimes that would put an American in Federal prison.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:07 AM

804 posts, read 2,891,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
My reply to the 'race card' is the criminal 'card': I can safely say that 100% of all illegal aliens age 18 and older are such factoring in ID theft, non reporting of income--------crimes that would put an American in Federal prison.
I think something like that everytime I see one picked up for something illegal. Just the other day hispanic male ran over and killed a 2 year old girl in Portland and I am willing to bet anything he is here illegally. It seems all the hispanic in the news for illegal activity are here illegally... coinicidence??

Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Well their are alot of racist in mexico has if you look at htier couthern border ploicies if the OP is right. in fact the world is racist as they all have laws agianst illegal immagrtion and some include jail time.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:25 AM

276 posts, read 747,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki2323 View Post
I'm tired of people saying it's "racist" to be against illegal immigration. That is hardly the case...people are most likely upset that these immigrants are BREAKING THE LAW, yet we're just supposed to look the other way... What's next, amnesty for all criminals? America is known for being a melting pot -- there are legal immigrants from all over the world here, key word legal. If all of these illegals came in the correct way, and became productive members of society, I highly doubt there would be as much animosity towards them? I don't know, I personally enjoy diversity and love learning about new cultures, but I don't understand why we would condone a criminal act?
Here's a reality check. There is no such thing as racism! The term racism is a government fabrication to have diverse cultures turn on each other. There is only one race THE HUMAN RACE!!! The term Racism is used to shut people down when they disagree or when certain groups want to elevate. If we speak about color with regard to racism then here's another reality check. The world has always been inhabited by more people of color than not! go figure? And you're correct the real issue is not color or culture. It is an issue of the laws that are in place. No one takes these laws seriously anymore because North America does not uphold them.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:04 PM

183 posts, read 242,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
I think something like that everytime I see one picked up for something illegal. Just the other day hispanic male ran over and killed a 2 year old girl in Portland and I am willing to bet anything he is here illegally. It seems all the hispanic in the news for illegal activity are here illegally... coinicidence??

its a shame too because nothing will happen to him. They will slap him on the wrist and let him go. An American runs over a 2 yr old licensed or not hes going to jail for some time and getting his drivers right taken away.

Its not soo much racist and discrimination.... which either way I realy dont care. Every single mexican Ive run into is RACIST to me. We are the minority here now. Its a shame people of higher power are to busy on their power trips and enjoying their wealth and dont realy care what were suffering with here.

Aside from that who cares what they think? They came in here illegaly you wanna claim were racist, or being discrimitive so what? you broke the law and your being a leech.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
If I had a few hours to waste I could wade through all the posts in this forum and pull out excerpts that would fall under those instances I described but unforunately do not have the time to do that right now.

Then don't throw a biased opinion out there as fact, if you cannot waste your time to back it up.

No creditability!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration