Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 04:07 PM

183 posts, read 242,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I never said to give them a job....
I simply said to give them help.......such as temp shelter, a quick medical check up for any diseases,etc, and then return them to Haiti to participate in the re-building effort.

What would You suggest?

BL

Okay I mis-read that..my bad. However the money to give them temp shelter and all that has to come from somewhere... were in debt with other countries and struggeling to keep our country. Not to mention if you bring them in with diseases... contact with other Americans will lead to another outbreak like swine flu did. From what I understand they sent ships and airplanes out there for the medical help and all that. People are able to donate things and UPS is shipping them over for free to help... things such as water, food, toiletries. My heart goes out to them it realy does and I am praying for them.. but how do we help them without digging ourselves a bigger hole? Its not possible. Its times like this sometimes we need to step back and let other countries man up. We cant do everything every time a disaster hits. We need to help the best we can without putting our people out. Whats being suggested still puts us out.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:19 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,672,865 times
they have already halted proceedings for thousands set to be deported back to Haiti.

i think this is a fine move.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:23 PM

706 posts, read 940,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
Okay I mis-read that..my bad. However the money to give them temp shelter and all that has to come from somewhere... were in debt with other countries and struggeling to keep our country. Not to mention if you bring them in with diseases... contact with other Americans will lead to another outbreak like swine flu did. From what I understand they sent ships and airplanes out there for the medical help and all that. People are able to donate things and UPS is shipping them over for free to help... things such as water, food, toiletries. My heart goes out to them it realy does and I am praying for them.. but how do we help them without digging ourselves a bigger hole? Its not possible. Its times like this sometimes we need to step back and let other countries man up. We cant do everything every time a disaster hits. We need to help the best we can without putting our people out. Whats being suggested still puts us out.
Mommylee,
I agree with Your sentiments 100%. But, very few countries will "man up" unless it is to criticize our efforts.

And besides, when a disaster likes this hits someplace in the world, The USA is usually the first on the scene offering help, regardless of the cost. Hell, that's what we do simply because we are America, and Americans.

I just hate that we are not appreciated for our efforts and the fact that someone would look to further the cause of illegal immigration by using human suffering as a result of a disaster....

BL

Old 01-14-2010, 04:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
they have already halted proceedings for thousands set to be deported back to Haiti.

i think this is a fine move.
Why?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,092 times
No way should we loosen immigration laws for people from Haiti. We should only provide help to enable the Haitians to better rebuild their country, from within, themselves. Wake up people. This in the new bankrupt US. The US with the 12 plus trillion dollar national debt. If we took 100 percent of the all of the profits made by the top 500 companies on wall street in a year for the next 100 years it wouldn't be enough to pay off a 12 plus trillion dollar national debt. In the real world any business that can't possibly pay off its debt is literally bankrupt. That being the case one shouldn't be too surprised at the number of irrational bleeding hearts still calling for bringing in thousands of poverty stricken Haitians. Then there is the amnesty democratic politician's farm program where amnesty democratic politicians bring in 3rd world poverty stricken people, put them on democratic welfare programs and, voila, turn them into welfare dependent future democratic voters.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:53 PM

183 posts, read 242,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Mommylee,
I agree with Your sentiments 100%. But, very few countries will "man up" unless it is to criticize our efforts.

And besides, when a disaster likes this hits someplace in the world, The USA is usually the first on the scene offering help, regardless of the cost. Hell, that's what we do simply because we are America, and Americans.

I just hate that we are not appreciated for our efforts and the fact that someone would look to further the cause of illegal immigration by using human suffering as a result of a disaster....

BL

and I hate that when we really need the help were turned away. Most of these countries are doing wonderfully right now because of us. We arent because we try to help. I am not saying anything bad about us helping. We revolve around the bible, its how we are set up even on the calender and it says to help other before we help ourselves and give more than you take, I completely agree to that the problem is is we dont have anything to give anymore. Its all gone were using money we dont have to help. It would be nice if these other countries got off their a**es and helped, your right they wont. They think were putting our nose where it doesnt belong. They think of it all as a competition. If we show up first they get mad but they follow along shortly after, and are usually the first to leave.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:53 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,672,865 times
because its the humane thing to do.
haiti is in ruins.
it cant handle the added burden of more citizens. at least not yet.
these people would just be another mouth to feed, another body to shelter. (tho we can argue that they can be another person to rebuild, i wouldnt make that assumption)
lets allow those people to stay for a while in the US and when their country is somewhat stabilized, resume deportations. all we would be doing is temp. delaying deportation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why?

Old 01-14-2010, 06:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,329,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
because its the humane thing to do.
haiti is in ruins.
it cant handle the added burden of more citizens. at least not yet.
these people would just be another mouth to feed, another body to shelter. (tho we can argue that they can be another person to rebuild, i wouldnt make that assumption)
lets allow those people to stay for a while in the US and when their country is somewhat stabilized, resume deportations. all we would be doing is temp. delaying deportation

For once I agree with you.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM

706 posts, read 940,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
For once I agree with you.

I agree......It's humane and temporary.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:41 PM

648 posts, read 1,175,638 times
NO. Absolutely not. Are we going to do this every time another country has to be bailed out and millions of their people want to go somewhere else? When does it end..? We already have enough problems with all the other illegals here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration