Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,862,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Another thing to consider is that Haiti has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the Western Hemisphere(which contributes to it's high rate of orphans).If you loook it up I believe that it is 2.2% of the adult population(Probably a good deal of it untreated).That and several other factors in a country that has poor healthcare would also need to be addressed concerning public health.The US is better off asissting them in Haiti.
I guess they'll like the free health care we give other illegals here. We'll just have to slap some more taxes on working Americans to support the huge health care needs of all the millions of people the government wants to bring in.

It won't matter what's good for the USA, our politicians have long abandoned that notion.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 AM

297 posts, read 521,047 times
No, I don't believe we should. First off, it sets a dangerous precedent. Is the US going to "adopt" the people of a third world country every time one experiences a disaster? Also, we are currently in a recession. What jobs are the Haitians going to do? They do not have any education so they will be looking for the lowest available jobs. These jobs obviously do not pay a lot, if they do manage to get one. Where are they going to live? In poor, crime ridden neighborhoods. Can these neighborhoods handle a mass influx of people? Can the schools in these neighborhoods handle a mass influx of new students? Obviously, these neighborhoods are much better than what Haiti is (and was) but it seems a bit cruel (not sure if that's the right word...) to take them from their homeland and drop them in the middle of Detroit. You also have to worry about keeping families together---aunts, uncles, cousins.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:08 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,107,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Angry you solved the problem... You are perfect.
WE can ship to haiti all our HARD Working HONEST Illegals. You know the ones who built this nation inspite of the evil Americans.
They know how to build a nation the size of the USA. Haiti will take them a week 2 max.
They are honest. They will get rid of the corruption in Haiti.
They are hard working. They will keep the new haiti Beautiful
The problem is solved. I nominate Angry tax payer for the nobel peace prize.
Agree! I have a vision of Haiti covered shore to shore with the best drywall jobs imaginable! And all the grass cut perfectly! Just think, Taco Bell restaurants stretching as far as the eye can see! The chiuaua will become the symbol of a new birth for the nation!

Port au Prince, center of the new Aztlan!

Old 01-15-2010, 06:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
I am as anti-illegal as they come. However, to deport Haitian illegals during this period of catastrophic devastation, IMO would be inhumane. Therefore, I would have no issue with postponing their deportation (no TPS) until the situation has stabilized, and they can return home to join their fellow countrymen in rebuilding their nation. But, we simply cannot send them back at this time, under these tragic circumstances.

I agree with Nativechief. It is unrealistic to offer refugee status to Haitians, unless we simultaneously deport an equal number of illegal aliens. Since we have a disproportionate number of Mexican illegal aliens, they should be deported first. We can start by replacing those already being housed in hotel detention centers. I’m sure the Haitians would be very appreciative of our generosity, unlike our current ingrate illegals who consider it an entitlement, and arrogantly demand more.

If not for being overburdened by millions of illegal aliens and their US-born children, coupled with our current economic woes, perhaps we could afford to be more charitable to those truly in need.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am as anti-illegal as they come. However, to deport Haitian illegals during this period of catastrophic devastation, IMO would be inhumane. Therefore, I would have no issue with postponing their deportation (no TPS) until the situation has stabilized, and they can return home to join their fellow countrymen in rebuilding their nation. But, we simply cannot send them back at this time, under these tragic circumstances.

I agree with Nativechief. It is unrealistic to offer refugee status to Haitians, unless we simultaneously deport an equal number of illegal aliens. Since we have a disproportionate number of Mexican illegal aliens, they should be deported first. We can start by replacing those already being housed in hotel detention centers. I’m sure the Haitians would be very appreciative of our generosity, unlike our current ingrate illegals who consider it an entitlement, and arrogantly demand more.

If not for being overburdened by millions of illegal aliens and their US-born children, coupled with our current economic woes, perhaps we could afford to be more charitable to those truly in need.

I agree, Benicar. It would be inhumane to return these Haitians to their homeland right now with the country in chaos and with no means to support themselves, food and clean water are scarce and the disease there right now due to all the dead being stacked in the streets. Let's let the country stabilize and then deport them. You are correct, if not for all the illegal aliens we are supporting in this country already we could probably help them and other countries more in their time of need and perhaps help them create an economy of their own.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 AM

9 posts, read 20,092 times
Default If they come they will never leave

We we let people from Haiti come here, they will never leave.

Who should decide which ones could come to America? If we opened our borders millions of them would come and face an incredible culture shock!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:00 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,635,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Well, as long as we don't bring in Haitian refugees, i.e. the democratic political farm program of bringing in 3rd world poverty victims and converting them into welfare dependent future democratic voters, I don't see a problem with delaying the deportation of a few Haitians. And as you stated, those few Haitian deportation seats can be readily filled from the 20 million pool of illegal aliens, mostly illegal Mexicans.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,919,981 times
It would be HIGHLY inhumane to deport at this period in time.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,635,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It would be HIGHLY inhumane to deport at this period in time.
It's OK to replace those delayed Haitian deportees with hispanic deportees from our pool of 20 million illegal aliens, mostly from Mexico, isn't it?

Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,919,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
It's OK to replace those delayed Haitian deportees with hispanic deportees from our pool of 20 million illegal aliens, mostly from Mexico, isn't it?
First off, it's not 20...it's more like 11 million. Secondly, no it's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration