Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,866,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
refresh my memory, what border state are you from? and do you live close to the border?
Why does one need to live near a border to comprehend that illegal immigrants HAVE NO PLACE IN THIS COUNTRY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 01:00 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,841,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
A private poll could but probably wouldn't ask hispanics if they were illegal aliens. So if 33% of legal hispanics support the bill, then the surprising 67% of hispanics who oppose the bill are either illegal aliens themselves or aiders and abetters of illegal aliens. This would explain why most illegal alien infestations are found right in the middle of the hispanic community. I sympathise with legal hispanics who oppose illegal immigration but they're going to be taking heat for some time to come because of the other 67%
what does it mater what any percentage of hispanics feel about this bill/law?

If I supported a law, I would care less if any percentage of people agreed or disagreed with the law.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,758,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Why does one need to live near a border to comprehend that illegal immigrants HAVE NO PLACE IN THIS COUNTRY?
Indeed.

I live due north of Colorado, a state that bends over with glee for illegal aliens.

I have many friends here who fled Denver because of it's "unofficial" sanctuary city policies. My understanding from them is that Coloradans are pretty fed up as well.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:07 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,841,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post

Quote:
I'd like for all that oppose this law to move to a border state and have them stay there for one week, especially Arizona. It amazes me all of the opinions from those who have no clue what they speak of.
maybe you should be asking the one I was responding to...

whether undocumented aliens have a place in this country is was not the point. next time read the complete quotes to be informed of the conversation, better yet let the person asked answer.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,868 times
Quote:
what does it mater what any percentage of hispanics feel about this bill/law?

If I supported a law, I would care less if any percentage of people agreed or disagreed with the law.
I won't bother to try to explain it to you if you can't comprehend why it does matter what a percentage of hispanics feel about this AZ law. If about 67% of non hispanics nationwide do support the new AZ law while at the same time 67% of hispanics don't support the new AZ law, it completely underscores the tribal ethnocentricity of that 67% of hispanics, doesn't it? The 67% who don't support the AZ law being either illegal themselves, or are aiders and abetters.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,923,357 times
I would guess that a majority of LEGAL Hispanics are not opposed to this statute.
In Arizona, although there are plenty upstanding legal Hispanics, the vast majority of illegals are Hispanic. Stands to reason logically that a large portion of those polled are either in the country illegally or have close relatives that are.

Before people get their panties in a bunch that I have no proof, I'd ask what's the point of a purely ethno-centric poll anyways? Since it most likely includes illegals the results will be biased. I would be interested in knowing the opinion of legal Hispanics but really the only important thing is the overall vote. A vote by citizens.

Besides, illegal immigration is a matter of national security. Are they going to start polling people about whether or not we should disband our military? How about maintaining intelligence on terrorists?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:25 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,923,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The fact that 33% of Hispanics are for it, speaks volumes.
Absolutely! To me this shows progress that Americans are rejecting the mores people are projecting on them because of their ethnicity and are instead concerned with the rule of law. Considering the portion of illegals polled that were opposed to the law approached 0%, I would have expected the % to be even lower.
I think this goes to show that ethnic diversity can still lead to assimilation.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,866,691 times
Quote:
maybe you should be asking the one I was responding to...

whether undocumented aliens have a place in this country is was not the point. next time read the complete quotes to be informed of the conversation, better yet let the person asked answer.

I read the quotes, I understand, that's why I asked for your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration