Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:20 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,091 times

Advertisements

They hold no water in this argument, so they nitpick and look for that grain of salt to divide amongst themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 11:28 AM

346 posts, read 709,887 times
33% for this law is still a significant number, because supposedly Hispanics are the group that oppose any "anti-illegal" measures. The rest of the 66% either are most likely:
1.) Feeding into the "Racism" hype.
2.) Darker skinned, so they fear they will be profiled. (May tie in with #1 here).
3.) Have illegal relatives.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Did the poll in question also ask the hispanics if they were illegal aliens? No? Then that would mean that they were not excluded from the poll. That is fairly simple reasoning.
A private poll could but probably wouldn't ask hispanics if they were illegal aliens. So if 33% of legal hispanics support the bill, then the surprising 67% of hispanics who oppose the bill are either illegal aliens themselves or aiders and abetters of illegal aliens. This would explain why most illegal alien infestations are found right in the middle of the hispanic community. I sympathise with legal hispanics who oppose illegal immigration but they're going to be taking heat for some time to come because of the other 67%

Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,865,278 times
it's a spanish thing... doesn't matter where they're from, the majority is against it, because they're all a bunch of racist, uneducated, ignorant morons. the ones that oppose it either
are legal and
1. haven't read the bill
2. can't understand why we wont let illegals overrun our borders
or
are illegal

so either they're stupid or they're criminals... either way eff em

Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,531,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I'd like for all that oppose this law to move to a border state and have them stay there for one week, especially Arizona. It amazes me all of the opinions from those who have no clue what they speak of.
RIGHT YOU Are getout

In tent number one I'd like to see;

Al Sharpton
Danny Glover
Jessie Jackson

tent two;

Sherika
Nancy Pelosi
Michelle Obama

Tent three;

John McCain
Harry Reid
Barrack Obama

A Live web cam could be sent up for all of the talk around
the campfire as to how the power thinkers will resolve
this issue that is if they last more then an hour plus we could start a line in Vegas on who'll be the first to split with
the proceeds going to the Border Patrol !

Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
33% for this law is still a significant number, because supposedly Hispanics are the group that oppose any "anti-illegal" measures. The rest of the 66% either are most likely:
1.) Feeding into the "Racism" hype.
2.) Darker skinned, so they fear they will be profiled. (May tie in with #1 here).
3.) Have illegal relatives.
Yet dark skinned Anglo Whites as a group almost feel it is badge of honor to be 'profiled' by LE and come out clean. Maybe it is because of their contempt towards illegal aliens on a more personal level.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Probably because only 33% of "hispanics" respect the laws of this country because they are here legally while 67% are not.
That is an abosolutly ridiculous statement, one you could never back in facts. never!

Old 05-14-2010, 12:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
A private poll could but probably wouldn't ask hispanics if they were illegal aliens. So if 33% of legal hispanics support the bill, then the surprising 67% of hispanics who oppose the bill are either illegal aliens themselves or aiders and abetters of illegal aliens. This would explain why most illegal alien infestations are found right in the middle of the hispanic community. I sympathise with legal hispanics who oppose illegal immigration but they're going to be taking heat for some time to come because of the other 67%
That concerns me as well: thank for nothing; you bloody illegal alien apologists. Methinks your kind are the biggest 'race traitors' out there since you want to drag the good name of Americans of Mexican, etc. lineage down with your 'pets'.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:29 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I'd like for all that oppose this law to move to a border state and have them stay there for one week, especially Arizona. It amazes me all of the opinions from those who have no clue what they speak of. Even Eric Holder has no clue and admitted he has formed his opinion by reading articles and hearing chatter. More media coverage is needed to show what America is really up against. Thank god for the internet for those of us who choose to actually look things up, media coverage would make people actually see the truth, when it's not spun or taken out of context to produce a sway in opinion.

I've also read that most people are not falling for all of the negative rhetoric and consider themselves smart enough to see through the bull. Too bad for those who simply ignore truth and hang onto falsities.

refresh my memory, what border state are you from? and do you live close to the border?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Poll: 67% of Hispanics oppose new Ariz. statute

Well; said 'Hispanics' best deal with the fact that the illegal immigration party is over. Either the people in question become true Americans or they may be happier in moving to another country.

The fact that 33% of Hispanics are for it, speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration