Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:53 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times

Advertisements

It seems the Courts decide they do. I wanted to throw this topic out there for discussion. There does not seem much can be done against our own Constitution. Written for protection, I am sure for case by case minority issues, it is being blatantly abused by an entire recent influx of those massively coming to this Country illegally causing the controversy and strain on this Country causing divide among our very own. I find this most obscene for those to have found they can come here, use up this Country which seems to be done "rightfully". Again why I have such a bias against these latest illegals entering this Country. I truly would not want to grant citizenship to these thieves who have found a loop-hole to rape this Country and wonder what in the world CAN be done about it?

Illegal Aliens and Constitutional Rights – Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,469 times
all persons here in the United States, for what ever reason[even immigration status] are afforded Constitutional protections...not rights.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Yes because you can't murder them, burn down their houses and that kind of thing. Some things are vague - because in Phoenix, it's okay to hold them hostage and for ransom, even torture and kill them - as long as you are another illegal.

In many ways they have more rights. They can work for cash and never declare it, they can work as contractors and are never expected to pay into social security taxes or FICA. They are not expected to pay child support for children they sire. In fact the easiest way for a woman to get welfare handouts is to say some illegal impregnated her and they won't go after the father's name for child support but simply give her the welfare handouts she wants. They are allowed to engage in identity theft and commit felony document fraud - no only allowed to commit these crimes but encouraged to commit them.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
It seems the Courts decide they do. I wanted to throw this topic out there for discussion. There does not seem much can be done against our own Constitution. Written for protection, I am sure for case by case minority issues, it is being blatantly abused by an entire recent influx of those massively coming to this Country illegally causing the controversy and strain on this Country causing divide among our very own. I find this most obscene for those to have found they can come here, use up this Country which seems to be done "rightfully". Again why I have such a bias against these latest illegals entering this Country. I truly would not want to grant citizenship to these thieves who have found a loop-hole to rape this Country and wonder what in the world CAN be done about it?

Illegal Aliens and Constitutional Rights – Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?
As has been reported in this forum and most others, illegal immigration has dropped 300% since 2000.(1.5 million per year in 2000 to 500,000 per year 2009). The only recent influx you mention is the fact that the right wing rabble rousers like you have found an easy, new target to hate, deflecting the public's perceptions of the problems in America from the financial institutions and corporate expoliters to a bunch of shoeless peasants who are supposedly, singlehandedly destroying the country.

I can promise you one thing though. No matter who gets elected. Republican, Libertarian, Democrat or just plain fascist, you will never, ever get a bill passed that allows for the rounding up of all illegal aliens in this country and deporting them back to where they came from. Which is what your posts constantly lobby for. Even your handle says it all. Well know this.........It is logisticly, financially and morally undoable. That's why you scream so loud against illegal aliens and just as loud against Comprehensive Immigration Reform. You're not interested in a solution, you want a pogrom.

Last edited by mohawkx; 06-08-2010 at 12:46 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
the illegals give the rest of us Constitutional "Frights"

Old 06-08-2010, 01:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
As has been reported in this forum and most others, illegal immigration has dropped 300% since 2000.(1.5 million per year in 2000 to 500,000 per year 2009). The only recent influx you mention is the fact that the right wing rabble rousers like you have found an easy, new target to hate, deflecting the public's perceptions of the problems in America from the financial institutions and corporate expoliters to a bunch of shoeless peasants who are supposedly, singlehandedly destroying the country.

I can promise you one thing though. No matter who gets elected. Republican, Libertarian, Democrat or just plain fascist, you will never, ever get a bill passed that allows for the rounding up of all illegal aliens in this country and deporting them back to where they came from. Which is what your posts constantly lobby for. Even your handle says it all. Well know this.........It is logisticly, financially and morally undoable. That's why you scream so loud against illegal aliens and just as loud against Comprehensive Immigration Reform. You're not interested in a solution, you want a pogrom.
Sorry, this is about the rule of law and our soveriegn borders. There is no plan for mass deportations. They will voluntarily leave with no incentives to stay here or to come here anymore. These measures have been discussed over and over and THEY are the solutions for the American people not some CIR/amnesty that you pro-illegals want.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post

They aren't citizens or here legally so why would they have constitutional rights?

Nita

Old 06-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Sorry, this is about the rule of law and our soveriegn borders. There is no plan for mass deportations. They will voluntarily leave with no incentives to stay here or to come here anymore. These measures have been discussed over and over and THEY are the solutions for the American people not some CIR/amnesty that you pro-illegals want.
I do agree with you on some issues, chicagonut. I believe that we need to make our borders air tight. I also believe that an iron-clad enforcement of employers across the board would solve many of our immigration problems. The shoeless peasants are not the problem, per se. They are just destitute people REACTING to the real problem of porous borders and loose employment criteria. Not many shoeless peasants driving across the border in Cadillacs.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:23 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes because you can't murder them, burn down their houses and that kind of thing. Some things are vague - because in Phoenix, it's okay to hold them hostage and for ransom, even torture and kill them - as long as you are another illegal.

In many ways they have more rights. They can work for cash and never declare it, they can work as contractors and are never expected to pay into social security taxes or FICA. They are not expected to pay child support for children they sire. In fact the easiest way for a woman to get welfare handouts is to say some illegal impregnated her and they won't go after the father's name for child support but simply give her the welfare handouts she wants. They are allowed to engage in identity theft and commit felony document fraud - no only allowed to commit these crimes but encouraged to commit them.

We have a two tiered system of laws here in the US too. Since we can't approach them by anyone but a Federal Agent they get overlooked if it even hint they might be here Illegally. This goes for every aspect of our Society of laws from hunting, fishing, loitering, littering, jay walking, driving and the list is endless. They can't be held so those that are given a ticket just give a fake name or skip out on the hearing. Most LE won't even bother if you feign you can't speak English.

By all considerations it is a waste of the LEO's time. That is until the States start to enact their own laws to put an end to this nonsense. One by one they are pulling it off too.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We have a two tiered system of laws here in the US too. Since we can't approach them by anyone but a Federal Agent they get overlooked if it even hint they might be here Illegally. This goes for every aspect of our Society of laws from hunting, fishing, loitering, littering, jay walking, driving and the list is endless. They can't be held so those that are given a ticket just give a fake name or skip out on the hearing. Most LE won't even bother if you feign you can't speak English.

By all considerations it is a waste of the LEO's time. That is until the States start to enact their own laws to put an end to this nonsense. One by one they are pulling it off too.
Hey! That's great to hear. Got a link to any other laws passed by any state other than Arizona? Not proposed laws or bills in session that are sponsored by right wing apeasers but actual laws that have passed....... I'd be very interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration