Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:29 PM

240 posts, read 537,800 times

Advertisements

All the whining about the "Constitutional Rghts" of the illegals. What about the Constitutional rights of the American citizens forced to pay for taking care of the millions here illegally? Medical, housing, food stamps, insurance rates rising due to uninsured and unlicensed illegals driving and causing wrecks, ongoing criminal activity conducted by illegals after they enter illegally, the list goes on and on.

Those who are in support of the illegals should adopt as many as they want into their homes, instead of demanding the rest of us taxpayers foot the bill.

Try getting caught in Mexico, Germany, or Cuba illegally, without your passport, visa, etc. You'll be arrested, detained, and thrown in a slum prison and bedded by Pacho, Franz, or Rico until you can payoff the corrupt federales which will cost you thousands of dollars.

I've traveled to many foreign countries, Portugal, Cuba, Mexico, Germany, Canada, Belize, and each time was required to display my passport and state my reason there. I never considered entering illegally, knowing I would rightfully be detained, prosecuted, and imprisoned for violating that countries laws.

The same applies to anyone from anywhere entering the USA illegally. They already know it's illegal, but they take and assume the risk of getting caught and facing the legal ramifications involved.

It's the same as the criminals who rob banks, sell illegal drugs, or steal cars. They know the risk of getting caught, and assume the risk of going to prison for their crimes. Illegal entry is a crime federally, and now also a state crime in Arizona, and hopefully, many other states to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hey! That's great to hear. Got a link to any other laws passed by any state other than Arizona? Not proposed laws or bills in session that are sponsored by right wing apeasers but actual laws that have passed....... I'd be very interested.
Oklahoma HB 1804, passed in November 2007. CA has Partners (http://www.ice.gov/partners/287g/Section287_g.htm - broken link) come to mind.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We have a two tiered system of laws here in the US too. Since we can't approach them by anyone but a Federal Agent they get overlooked if it even hint they might be here Illegally. This goes for every aspect of our Society of laws from hunting, fishing, loitering, littering, jay walking, driving and the list is endless. They can't be held so those that are given a ticket just give a fake name or skip out on the hearing. Most LE won't even bother if you feign you can't speak English.

By all considerations it is a waste of the LEO's time. That is until the States start to enact their own laws to put an end to this nonsense. One by one they are pulling it off too.

we dont a two tiered system of justice in the Country, It only seems that way to you because there are laws you agree with and laws you dont.
Most people seem unable to understand the the Law[justice] just is.

If you dont like a law, SP ruling, or Constitutional amendment, Change it.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I do agree with you on some issues, chicagonut. I believe that we need to make our borders air tight. I also believe that an iron-clad enforcement of employers across the board would solve many of our immigration problems. The shoeless peasants are not the problem, per se. They are just destitute people REACTING to the real problem of porous borders and loose employment criteria. Not many shoeless peasants driving across the border in Cadillacs.
Any number I've seen to be smuggled has been from 2000 to 5000 which, especially in Peasant dollars, is a fair amount of cash.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
we dont a two tiered system of justice in the Country, It only seems that way to you because there are laws you agree with and laws you dont.
Most people seem unable to understand the the Law[justice] just is.

If you dont like a law, SP ruling, or Constitutional amendment, Change it.
What exactly are you rambling about? I agree with ALL U.S. laws. I'm right on this and you know it. If someone is fishing without a license and they can't answer in English they won't receive a ticket or, in most cases won't even bother to question them based on appearance. Or you can call it non-law if you like bottom line is they get a free pass. You think an Illegal jay walking is going to get a ticket? If it weren't for the license check points they'd never get busted driving either.
Please, at least read it next time.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
They aren't citizens or here legally so why would they have constitutional rights?

Nita
I also agree with you as usual. Why would those who are here by illegal means, be allowed to have any of the rights, we as Citizens have. Something surely not right with this picture.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:55 PM

851 posts, read 3,628,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I also agree with you as usual. Why would those who are here by illegal means, be allowed to have any of the rights, we as Citizens have. Something surely not right with this picture.
This is actually highly debatable. For example, GAC of 1968 took away the Second Amendment, rights to keep and bear arms, from all illegal immigrants and legal visitors. Many may even believe that makes sense.

I think this is a country of law and people here are proud of being civil and being able to follow the law. It is extremely important that we do not operate outside of our laws.

We cannot treat illegals as sub-human. There are certain unalienable rights that we must not deprive them otherwise we would be no better than any other barbarians.

Remember a scene from The Siege, Danziel Washington was saying: "If we torture this man, everything we have fought for, bled for and died for is gone."

Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,328,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
This is actually highly debatable. For example, GAC of 1968 took away the Second Amendment, rights to keep and bear arms, from all illegal immigrants and legal visitors. Many may even believe that makes sense.

I think this is a country of law and people here are proud of being civil and being able to follow the law. It is extremely important that we do not operate outside of our laws.

We cannot treat illegals as sub-human. There are certain unalienable rights that we must not deprive them otherwise we would be no better than any other barbarians.

Remember a scene from The Siege, Danziel Washington was saying: "If we torture this man, everything we have fought for, bled for and died for is gone."
Who's treating them like sub-humans?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post

They are being handled like they are handicapped. How is it our fault Mexico and Guatemala don't provide for them? Seriously, this is crazy. In Mexico it is illegal for them to own a gun, why should they legally be allowed to own a gun here if they are still a Mexican Citizen? Show me a Tourist visa or the like with a doc that says they are allowed to carry a registered firearm or confiscate it.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,229,418 times
There are inalienable rights, that constitutional government was delegated power to secure.
There are constitutional privileges, granted (or withdrawn) at the discretion of the government.
Then there is consent, which waives rights, and imposes obligations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration