Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2021, 08:54 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Chicago has its fair share.
Of $hitty weather.
Needed to complain today, now I feel better.

Old 02-08-2021, 02:45 PM

223 posts, read 170,851 times
Y’all can leave illinois. I’m staying.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:51 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoisthebest View Post
Y’all can leave illinois. I’m staying.
Brave man/woman! Someone’s gotta pay those pensions! I commend your integrity in staying there . The Chicago of the 90s was great . Just wasn’t there anymore for me .

Old 02-09-2021, 08:06 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,854,599 times
One poster said Illinois had terrible schools. LOL - the suburban Chicago schools, which serve probably 40-50% of the population of Illinois, are among the very best schools in the nation. There is a lot to rip Illinois about, but the schools for the most part are excellent (not talking some bad inner city schools, but the rest).

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ings/education

Illinois is ranked 7th in PreK-12th grade education on this list. Illinois also pays its teachers about as well as any state.

The other comment about Chicago taking down the state is funny too. Without Chicago, Illinois would be nothing.

Old 02-09-2021, 08:08 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,854,599 times
Also, Nebraska??? Have you ever driven across that state?

By all means, everybody move to Nebraska and tell me how awesome it is.

Old 02-09-2021, 08:49 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,362,554 times
Quote:
Brave man/woman! Someone’s gotta pay those pensions! I commend your integrity in staying there . The Chicago of the 90s was great . Just wasn’t there anymore for me .
Why is he brave? Chicago is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I am making a ****load more here than I did in Boston before I moved here. You can travel the U.S., most cities cannot match up to this town. The real estate and COL here is far more doable than places that are far worse. Chicago keeps on getting a more educated population, and is the most educated of the 5 largest in the U.S. and has 2 of the top 10 universities in the U.S. The tech scene here is coming up. If you can't make it here fine, but as for the rest of us, this place is home. Sorry, you couldn't pay me to move to Texas, I'll take the summers here.

Last edited by Justabystander; 02-09-2021 at 09:02 AM..

Old 02-09-2021, 09:04 AM

4,653 posts, read 3,260,261 times
Good morning!

Depending on how things go in my persona life, I envision moving to Illinois in the next one to six years.

And if I find it to be absolutely unacceptable, well, then I guess I just will go move back north across the border and RE-enjoy being the oft visitor that I currently am.

Don't you just love WIN-WIN situations, when life actually offers them?!?

Old 02-09-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Why is he brave? Chicago is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I am making a ****load more here than I did in Boston before I moved here. You can travel the U.S., most cities cannot match up to this town. The real estate and COL here is far more doable than places that are far worse. Chicago keeps on getting a more educated population, and is the most educated of the 5 largest in the U.S. and has 2 of the top 10 universities in the U.S. The tech scene here is coming up. If you can't make it here fine, but as for the rest of us, this place is home. Sorry, you couldn't pay me to move to Texas, I'll take the summers here.
Hey if your Job is in the city! Great! If you believe that the corrupt Illinois government can spend your money better than you can, then so bet it. Sure, the downtown real estate does appreciate well, but what about the rest of the state? The real estate barely appreciates. What about the next reset?? Theres so many houses that have been upsidedown out there that its insane. That state and city are completely corrupt and I chose to left. I could have moved anywhere I wanted as my company is entirely online. You are naming one industry doing well or "upcoming" what about the rest of them ? The state is in near last place for job growth, and is completely broke. They are the second worst in the entire country at the moment for unemployment. Add up your 5% state income tax you pay for the next 30 years. See how much you are giving .....then you will know

Old 02-09-2021, 11:02 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
Quote:
Hey if your Job is in the city! Great! If you believe that the corrupt Illinois government can spend your money better than you can, then so bet it. Sure, the downtown real estate does appreciate well, but what about the rest of the state? The real estate barely appreciates. What about the next reset?? Theres so many houses that have been upsidedown out there that its insane. That state and city are completely corrupt and I chose to left. I could have moved anywhere I wanted as my company is entirely online. You are naming one industry doing well or "upcoming" what about the rest of them ? The state is in near last place for job growth, and is completely broke. They are the second worst in the entire country at the moment for unemployment. Add up your 5% state income tax you pay for the next 30 years. See how much you are giving .....then you will know
I am glad you moved on and found paradise. Kind of interesting that you spend so much time on this forum though. Hmmm

Old 02-09-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
I am glad you moved on and found paradise. Kind of interesting that you spend so much time on this forum though. Hmmm
Well, I did start this thread... Yes, I do not have social media and city data fills the gap. Glad you are interested in my screen time. I am making sure I pack two coats for my upcoming trip to Chicago this weekend. Winter paradise awaits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois