Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 08:22 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,188,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caglee View Post
Your fear-mongering and public shaming in the face of what we know right now (that being the numbers and figures given to us are highly manipulated and politically calculated), is falling on deaf ears.
You’re right. They are manipulated but not in the way you think.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...ade-them-stop/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...t-2020-4%3famp

Old 04-30-2020, 09:23 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
"The lawsuit seeks to lift the stay-at-home order for everyone in the state.
Cabello said he's motivated by small shop owners who've asked why they can't fully operate, but big box stores can.
https://abc7chicago.com/health/il-st...-50k-/6139616/

Hope he wins.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:02 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
Quote:
Your fear-mongering and public shaming in the face of what we know right now (that being the numbers and figures given to us are highly manipulated and politically calculated), is falling on deaf ears. If you want to lock yourself away in your home out of fear of getting sick, feel free. The rest of us are planning on living our lives. If you want to wear a mask when you are not sick and have no signs of sickness and haven't been in contact with anyone who is sick, feel free. Don't tell me what to do.

Unless you never ride in a car out of fear of getting into an accident, or never walk in the rain out of fear of getting hit by lightning, or never eat food prepared by someone else out of fear of getting food poisoning, or any number of mundane tasks that we do every single day and have done for hundreds of years despite something bad that could happen, you have no argument here.

A life lived out of fear is no life lived at all.

And all personal feelings aside, the Governor has over-extended his political power by extending any emergency measures past 30 days without an appropriate and proper vote by a duly elected legislature. If it was Trump making these single-handed power grabs, everyone here defending Pritzker would be going absolutely mad over it - and wouldn't even recognize the humongous double standard that is always at play when it comes to Democrats and Republicans. The saddest part of all of this is that we can't even agree as Americans that this much power wielded by one person is wrong, when the power of law-making should be in the hands of elected representatives, not Governors and not Presidents.
Great post. I just can't believe how many people, especially where I live, are so afraid of this virus. I commented on a news article on Facebook the other day about how I'm happy that the stay-at-home order was challenged and how I'm not afraid of getting the virus, and I got attacked. The media has gotten so many people to believe that the virus will kill everyone.. it's so sad. I'm not going to stop living my life because other people are so afraid.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:58 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
How do you make water? <Caddyshack gopher scratching head look>
Sorry, I was using old-fashioned terminology for "taking a whiz", per Morgan Freeman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQNzOyXHbYY

Old 04-30-2020, 12:43 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,188,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Great post. I just can't believe how many people, especially where I live, are so afraid of this virus. I commented on a news article on Facebook the other day about how I'm happy that the stay-at-home order was challenged and how I'm not afraid of getting the virus, and I got attacked. The media has gotten so many people to believe that the virus will kill everyone.. it's so sad. I'm not going to stop living my life because other people are so afraid.
Where has the media said “the virus will kill everyone”? Please cite one source. Also, you are entitled to your own opinion and they are entitled to theirs. You don’t know if these people have an underlying condition that makes them far more vulnerable. Or perhaps they are 50+ years old.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:51 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,407,045 times
Quote:
Wearing a mask just seems like a level of self-humiliation that I'm not going to stoop to. I will cover my coughs and sneezes and wash my hands like a good citizen, and exactly what the CDC wanted us doing just a month ago. A local store has a sign posted that masks will be required for entrance into the store soon, I'll just shop somewhere else. If, eventually, every store requires a mask - I'll pull my shirt up over my head Cornholio-style, or wear the most terrifying halloween mask I can get my hands on because we'll have breached the point of absurdity.

I look at all the people wearing masks while driving in enclosed cars by themselves or while out jogging or walking the dog alone and I just have to laugh.
Absurdity begins tomorrow. This is always how they get you..... since they can't enforce everybody wearing a mask whenever they leave their house, they force you to wear one at places that hold the things you need (grocery stores perfect example). The gov't is forcing us to submit to this absolute nonsense now. Who knows how long they'll make us do this too.

Well, I'd recommend now more than ever to get whatever you need delivered, groceries, meals, liquor, prescriptions, everything. I'd rather do this than go in wearing a mask, which I don't even believe in. The people who voluntarily wore masks before this, I'm going to say are a huge reason why this is happening. I also love how it's "required" to wear a mask, yet the gov't isn't providing you any; you're forced to BUY one, or make one yourself.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:21 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I notice everything, including the second lawsuit filed.
Momentum is gaining to modify this via the way it should have been done; a vote by the legislature.
Well, if you are counting on the legislature, you are going to be f-ed because the Democrat supermajority would certainly back him.

There are protests being staged today in Chicago and Springfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Absurdity begins tomorrow. This is always how they get you..... since they can't enforce everybody wearing a mask whenever they leave their house, they force you to wear one at places that hold the things you need (grocery stores perfect example). The gov't is forcing us to submit to this absolute nonsense now. Who knows how long they'll make us do this too.

Well, I'd recommend now more than ever to get whatever you need delivered, groceries, meals, liquor, prescriptions, everything. I'd rather do this than go in wearing a mask, which I don't even believe in. The people who voluntarily wore masks before this, I'm going to say are a huge reason why this is happening. I also love how it's "required" to wear a mask, yet the gov't isn't providing you any; you're forced to BUY one, or make one yourself.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:55 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Well, if you are counting on the legislature, you are going to be f-ed because the Democrat supermajority would certainly back him.

Regardless, he does NOT have the authority to shut down businesses beyond 30 days;
the law is very clear on this.

If I owned one, I'd be opening my doors today.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:44 AM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times
WHO is now saying that SWEDEN should be our future model!!!

This is what America should have done and, since we didn't, we should immediately no it now.

"WHO emergency expert says Sweden could be 'future model' for coronavirus policy"

Sweden, which has received ample criticism for keeping much of society running during the coronavirus pandemic, garnered some praise Wednesday from a top official at the World Health Organization.

Dr. Michael Ryan, the WHO’s emergency expert, said the Scandinavian nation put in place a “very strong public health policy” and that “to reach a ‘new normal’, in many ways Sweden represents a future model,” Reuters reported.

The Irish epidemiologist also said that Sweden “really has trusted its own communities to implement" social distancing.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...rxu-story.html

Old 05-01-2020, 01:11 PM

31 posts, read 32,816 times
Coronaviruses aren't going to kill young people, the economy is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois