Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 08:29 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,876,931 times

Advertisements

A mask in a car is because you left the store and didn't take it off. Looks silly, yes, but it's not because I think I'm vulnerable in my car.

Caglee - that's just silly. Covering up your coughs and sneezes is just part of the problem - and regarding that - after you "cover up" your sneeze at the store, then you're going to touch something - right? The next item?

But the real problem is - it's not about coughs and sneezes, stubborn people. It's about your wet spit and mist from being a close-talker, a sprayer, a gum chewer, a smoker, and so on. You ARE CONTAGIOUS whether or not you have symptoms. Not wearing a mask - if you plan to be close to strangers - is just ridiculously selfish and uneducated right now.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:05 PM

4 posts, read 7,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
They’re simply following Trump’s reopening guidelines. Take it up with our President...
Which is it = the President's or the Governor's? Pick one.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:23 PM

3,496 posts, read 2,187,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang2000 View Post
Which is it = the President's or the Governor's? Pick one.
It’s the Governor’s decision to make but he is simply following the President’s guidelines. If you disagree with both the Governor AND President, fine. But it’s hypocritical to criticize the Governor for his approach to reopening the state’s economy without also criticizing the President, which MANY conservatives are doing.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:33 PM

77 posts, read 41,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caglee View Post
Wearing a mask just seems like a level of self-humiliation that I'm not going to stoop to. I will cover my coughs and sneezes and wash my hands like a good citizen, and exactly what the CDC wanted us doing just a month ago. A local store has a sign posted that masks will be required for entrance into the store soon, I'll just shop somewhere else. If, eventually, every store requires a mask - I'll pull my shirt up over my head Cornholio-style, or wear the most terrifying halloween mask I can get my hands on because we'll have breached the point of absurdity.

I look at all the people wearing masks while driving in enclosed cars by themselves or while out jogging or walking the dog alone and I just have to laugh.
The first sentence above is the very definition of being an “Ugly American”.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:57 PM

77 posts, read 41,978 times
There is an unbelievable level of selfishness in America.
The local news reported a 1,000-person house party on the West Side of Chicago yesterday.

I am SO glad my husband and I were smart enough not to ever get pregnant and expose children to all this ugliness and self-centeredness.

The future of America looks very grim folks.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:35 PM

4,638 posts, read 3,252,251 times
OakParkForestParkExile, et.al.: yes, there is indeed an inappropriate increase in selfishness. I always try to keep things positive. But this weekend I posted on Facebook, and took a picture of the used gloves and masks I saw in the parking lot of Menards. I was livid, actually. The selfishness of people who would make someone else clean up their used posessions which they believe very well could be contaminated.
In a restaurant my children and I help sort our used dishes to try to make the Server's job easier. WHO are these people that throw their garbage to others OR SAY out of one side of their mouth that they need to wear protection to assist themselves and others in a worldly pande.ic and then purposely pollute that very world?!?
I apologize for venting. Please stay safe and healthy and happy.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:42 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
This is a bit of good news, I think....

https://www.mystateline.com/news/loc...vC3XxROdnJ-atc

Old 04-27-2020, 04:47 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,427,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
This is a bit of good news, I think....

https://www.mystateline.com/news/loc...vC3XxROdnJ-atc
And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those darn meddling judges.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:24 PM

1,246 posts, read 824,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakParkForestParkExile View Post
There is an unbelievable level of selfishness in America.
The local news reported a 1,000-person house party on the West Side of Chicago yesterday.
How is it possible to have a 1,000 person house party? Even Michael Jordan's house in Highland Park isn't that big!

Maybe 100 people turning over roughly once per hour over 10 hours?

Old 04-27-2020, 05:36 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
How is it possible to have a 1,000 person house party? Even Michael Jordan's house in Highland Park isn't that big!

Maybe 100 people turning over roughly once per hour over 10 hours?
Yup this story (and the pictures/video) made the national evening news. Another sad and embarrassing look for Chicago . Although there is no way that it was 1,000 people (no media sources are saying it was 1,000 people; they just say it was a "packed" house party). Couldn't have been more than 100 people.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/04/26/vid...ernational-ire

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-v...s-stay-at-home

Last edited by personone; 04-27-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois