Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 AM

6 posts, read 36,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I-69 & 465 is Indianapolis ... not Fishers. They just redid the 116th interchange ... the one that is really the pits is the 82nd street entrance and exit in Castleton.

They are also going to re-do the interchange at Exit 10 with the new mall coming in. Fishers is trying as hard as it can to be proactive. Personally, I want to see light rail since Fishers already has a train station.

R-gards back atcha!
..haha...let's see...weren't you the one that said something about easy access to Indy downtown from Fishers? I suppose, as long as one doesn't mind the logjam of 100,000 cars a day traveling from Fishers, Noblesville, etc. through the I-69/I-465 interchange, that it is not a problem. Apparently the Fishers city fathers and state leaders think it is a problem though. But have it your way......

My post wasn't advising Digdug not to consider Fishers and Noblesville; in fact, I recently looked in those areas myself. Instead, I was suggesting that while on the northside he not overlook Carmel and Zionsville in his search. Each area will have its pros and cons and those will differ with individual viewpoints. For me, the Fishers & Noblesville areas are a little too far away from the places that I want to visit and the northeastside access to the Indianapolis core via I-69 is too maddening. I find the Carmel and Zionsville locations more attractive and accessible for what I like. Others may find virtue elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 09:34 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,158,454 times
when I am at Keystone at the Crossing or Castleton and want to get to downtown Indy, I normally get on I-465 westbound and then get off on I-65 Southbound to head downtown. It takes me about 15 to 20 minutes and is a little faster than fighting traffic and traffic lights. I personally don't find Indy traffic too bad to get around in at all.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:39 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
I don't either. Having lived in Chicago for the better part of 10 years, I laugh at the traffic and anyone who complains about it.

My point is that the logjam is in Indianapolis. I usually take Olio Road to 70 and in without problems. And Shrek, I too have been taking the 65 south route in as well. There are options.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,158,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I don't either. Having lived in Chicago for the better part of 10 years, I laugh at the traffic and anyone who complains about it.

My point is that the logjam is in Indianapolis. I usually take Olio Road to 70 and in without problems. And Shrek, I too have been taking the 65 south route in as well. There are options.
on the whole I think Indy's traffic moves along very well considering the number of cars and vehicles. No complaints from me. You can go to some smaller cities in Indiana and find the situation inferior to Indy's traffic flow.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,308 times
Default Try Evansville

Nice town in S. Indiana......college town with some senior citizen areas.
Living in So. Cal by Palm Springs and have been there a few times, check out their website or go to realtor.com if you want to see some insanely low housing costs.

Being on the Ohio across from Ky. in Southern In. you cut your risk of a TORNADO down significantly !!!

Want to know more ... e-mail me @ batinovtoo@yahoo.com

I have 2 friends that have moved there on my recommendation and LOVE it.

One guy got a 4 bdrm, 3 ba. (new) on a private lake for $179,990 (about 2199 sq.' .

Gordy.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:46 PM

8 posts, read 38,282 times
Thumbs up Avon, Indiana

Avon is a very nice town to live in or next to. I live on the west side of Indy and do all of my shopping in Avon. My husband drives through Plainfield 5x a week. Avon is very expensive to live in though.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 5,299 times
I have Just moved from Northern California to Greencastle Indiana, and my advice would be not to leave California, or choose another state .There are alot of good things about Indiana, the people seem to be nice and the Price of stuff seems much lower,But I would choose California, the ocean, and Redwoods in Northern Cali make up for High prices. People are just as nice, there is way more there, plus the weather is not as bad.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:18 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylajamie View Post
I have Just moved from Northern California to Greencastle Indiana, and my advice would be not to leave California, or choose another state .There are alot of good things about Indiana, the people seem to be nice and the Price of stuff seems much lower,But I would choose California, the ocean, and Redwoods in Northern Cali make up for High prices. People are just as nice, there is way more there, plus the weather is not as bad.

Sorry you're rethinking your choice, but it's not fair to compare NoCal to Indiana. Apples and Oranges.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,267 times
Hi Digdug,

Having lived for years in SoCal Huntington Beach and NoCal Contra Costa County (Clayton) as well as Poulsbo WA, I can tell you I came back to central Indiana to live for good. Yes, we have some heavy city traffic in Indy...but you won't be sitting still on the freeway for an hour and a half trying to get 35 miles across the Oakland Hills. Yes, it's cheaper, and cleaner, and not as crowded. Lower crime rate? Depends where you live...I wouldn't live anywhere in the east part of the inner city of Indy but my town east of Indy has had 3 homicides in about 30 years. Not bad, huh? Conservative? Probably a little more conservative. Culture shock? Maybe just a little...but we also have museums, symphonies, concerts, festivals and other entertainment. Fishers is a nice city. Noblesville is nice also and not really that far from Indy...maybe farther in miles but not in drive time. We chose Greenfield to live in. I grew up very near here and couldn't wait to get out...but after living in several different states in VERY large metro areas (Houston, LA, SF, and Seattle) when we decided to settle for good...we came back to Indiana. I also brought my So Cal born and bred husband and Oakland CA born son.

Good luck, Digdug!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:34 AM

36 posts, read 214,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreager View Post
Avon is a very nice town to live in or next to. I live on the west side of Indy and do all of my shopping in Avon. My husband drives through Plainfield 5x a week. Avon is very expensive to live in though.
Why do you say Avon is expensive? It's no more expensive then other areas of the city. Zionsville is expensive, Geist is expensive, CArmel is expensive...Eagle Creek area for nice homes is expensive..

Craig Bartels
Moderator cut: realtor advertising

Last edited by Marka; 10-18-2006 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana