Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:29 AM

47 posts, read 162,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSnapCup View Post
This not a new announcement. The first week they announced it, the Employment Office received over 800 applications!
Actually there was a recent announcement from Channel 6 News on 12/22/2008 about Marion just landing a plastics factory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:18 PM

145 posts, read 301,735 times
I have found that marion is not as bad as most of the popular vote on here.Sure we could have better shopping and jobs but what town or city now a days does not need improvement?As far as the people in this town most are good people.The only bad in this town is the few people that lost hope for better.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarris View Post
I have found that marion is not as bad as most of the popular vote on here.Sure we could have better shopping and jobs but what town or city now a days does not need improvement?As far as the people in this town most are good people.The only bad in this town is the few people that lost hope for better.
"Lost hope for better" seems to be in every town, and you are correct about the need for improvement be present in every town. Is that super drive-in eatery called Myers still running. That place has got to be the biggest drive in in Indiana. Correct if you have already been there and have seen bigger.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:47 PM

24 posts, read 131,875 times
Myers is still in business. They have the best chocolate shakes!!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:02 AM

3 posts, read 15,041 times
Marion is a ghost town...unsuitable for families. City government is crooked...city is not safe and nobody cares. Marion was Christmas city for years. They are not rebuilding and the town square hasn't been decent since the '50's. Don't walk your babies there unless you want to be robbed and have your babies stolen. And you were worried about spiders and bugs? You sound like a white trash bum. There are thousands of places where you can live in the US and you are considering Marion which is a hellhole. Spiders? The daddy long legs are bigger than your feet and will climb on your body at night and suck your blood. Be ready to fight man eating rats that are everywhere, Do you get the point!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream wizard View Post
Is that super drive-in eatery called Myers still running. That place has got to be the biggest drive in in Indiana. Correct if you have already been there and have seen bigger.
You have a very bas memory! Myers is small, very small. It was Custers Last Stand that was huge. Marion, like Los Angeles and most cities, demolished everything and puts up sub-level crap. They have turned the historical Marion Coliseum into the YMCA with a pool and all the trimmings. And why? Who is around to use it. Years ago they shut down Matter Park swimming pool because they didn't want blacks swimming there. I hope Obama kicks some butts and removes all the prejudiced haters in Marion and all cities with this type mentality.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 14,599 times
Default Wow

Sorry delaura that you had to waste your time reading what all these bitter people wrote! My goodness! Marion is a nice small city, crime is not high at all, there is a wonderful fire department that is involved in the community. The street dept does a great job of taking care of the roads on a limited budget, we have many beautiful parks, matter park is our biggest and best with a long riverwalk and a new handicap accessible playground. Next to that new playground plans for a new botanical garden with a waterfountain have been announced. The parks have softball and volleyball leauges. The PAL club offers many leauges for children including indoor soccer. Also sunny crest church offers upward bound sports and cheerleading for kids. It's true we have had some factories close, but other business are taking there places. We would love to replace those jobs faster but it's tough to do in this economy when everybody everywhere is layingoff and cutting back. Contrary to what the crazy's are telling you, Mayor Seybold cares alot about this city and county. He consistently works with Gas City's Democrat Mayor Larry Leach. You can and many many many people do go for walks anywhere in the city with your baby and you will be fine. I think I've put enough, I'll give you some links to get more info. www.marionindiana.us www.chronicle_tribune.com , from those sites you will be able to find other links. Please don't listen to the cry babys, check things out for yourself!! Good luck!

Old 01-28-2009, 02:51 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1ColtsFan View Post
Sorry delaura that you had to waste your time reading what all these bitter people wrote! My goodness! Marion is a nice small city, crime is not high at all, there is a wonderful fire department that is involved in the community. The street dept does a great job of taking care of the roads on a limited budget, we have many beautiful parks, matter park is our biggest and best with a long riverwalk and a new handicap accessible playground. Next to that new playground plans for a new botanical garden with a waterfountain have been announced. The parks have softball and volleyball leauges. The PAL club offers many leauges for children including indoor soccer. Also sunny crest church offers upward bound sports and cheerleading for kids. It's true we have had some factories close, but other business are taking there places. We would love to replace those jobs faster but it's tough to do in this economy when everybody everywhere is layingoff and cutting back. Contrary to what the crazy's are telling you, Mayor Seybold cares alot about this city and county. He consistently works with Gas City's Democrat Mayor Larry Leach. You can and many many many people do go for walks anywhere in the city with your baby and you will be fine. I think I've put enough, I'll give you some links to get more info. www.marionindiana.us www.chronicle_tribune.com , from those sites you will be able to find other links. Please don't listen to the cry babys, check things out for yourself!! Good luck!
What are you the city marketing director for Marion? What does your mayor working with a "democrat" have to do with a person inquiring about a town?

So all posters in this thread are crazies and cry babies? Facts not fluff is what people want to know about a place. That is nice the things you listed about the parks, Pal Club and churches many towns offer those things. What makes Marion "better" than them to consider a move there? Care to share any data or links????

Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 AM

wow, don't get your dander up! Marion breaks my heart when I remember what it was, and could be. A little history...the city and those in power tore down the houses near the old coliseum. Everything was left in a mess for years due to a mayor who didn't know what the hell he was doing. They screwed around with the old jail and the courthouse dome and destroyed history. Marion was always a very prejuidiced city. North Marion only had one black family for years. All the businesses moved to the bypass back in the 50's and 60's. All the quaint historical bldgs were torn down. Marion is just a shell of itself. Matter Park Pool was closed down when blacks were allowed to swim there. There were hangings of black men in the past. Houses burn down, and are left in ashes. There are too many poor families so the crime rate is up. Now with the economy in the tank, there are even more empty houses and jobless minorities. Why would a young family want to live in a dying town? Who cares about a plastics company entering the city limits? Marion is dead, D E A D!

Old 01-30-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion babe View Post
wow, don't get your dander up! Marion breaks my heart when I remember what it was, and could be. A little history...the city and those in power tore down the houses near the old coliseum. Everything was left in a mess for years due to a mayor who didn't know what the hell he was doing. They screwed around with the old jail and the courthouse dome and destroyed history. Marion was always a very prejuidiced city. North Marion only had one black family for years. All the businesses moved to the bypass back in the 50's and 60's. All the quaint historical bldgs were torn down. Marion is just a shell of itself. Matter Park Pool was closed down when blacks were allowed to swim there. There were hangings of black men in the past. Houses burn down, and are left in ashes. There are too many poor families so the crime rate is up. Now with the economy in the tank, there are even more empty houses and jobless minorities. Why would a young family want to live in a dying town? Who cares about a plastics company entering the city limits? Marion is dead, D E A D!
To add some life to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana