Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,099 times

Advertisements

I lived in St.Louis and Indy and think the summers and winters are worse in St. Louis. I live in Carmel IN. it is about 40 minutes from the airport. Not a lot of trees here, lots of flatness. I am from Michigan the lack of trees has me sad.
I know Bloomington is a lot nicer than Indy but it is too far away from Indy to be a commuter. I am sure there are places with trees around here, I have seen them, but Carmel is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,005 times
Default Its Cold in the Winter and Hot in the Summer!

It's Great! In the Winter the snow is beautiful Indianapolis has the largest City Park in the Country, great for cross country skiing and hiking located right next to a resevoir which allows sailing and fishing. Ice skating downtown in the winter, Museums and Childrens Museums best in the country as well. We have lakes for fishing or sking.

A lot of the towns have walking trails to parks and community facilities as well. Great Schools all around the indy area. Plainfield Schools are 4 star and are completing a 100 mIllion $ High School 2008. They have several city parks and walking trails all around town and indoor and outdoor water park. And is 10 minutes to the Airport. downtown in 20 minutes or less.

Lots of shopping close by too.

We don't get a lot of snow 6 inches is a lot of snow here. The summer heat is different because of the humidity but you'll adjust.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,999 times
Wink Moving from Pa. to In.

I really want to make the right decision about moving to a place I don't even know anything about. I have done research on Indianapolis. It seems very calm and just out righgt beautiful. I live in Latrobe, Pa. and I have a 14 year daughter which she has been going through some hard times as far as racial slurs here. My daughter is bi-racial and people seem to have a problem with that, she is my pride and joy. She is starting to fight back at these people. Plus, I just got out of a 11 year relationship and it is tearing her up. The person lives next door but has plans to leave for Az. in 2 weeks. My daughter begs them not to go because there are two other children involved I want to know if there is anyone out there that knows anyone who can help me move and get situated in Indiana. because after m ex leaves I have no one. My family lives here but that is a different story. If anyone out there can help me make the first step. I am scared. Me and my ex has done everything together for the last 11 years. It is a difficult time

Old 04-07-2007, 08:43 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Lady from Pa. View Post
I really want to make the right decision about moving to a place I don't even know anything about. I have done research on Indianapolis. It seems very calm and just out righgt beautiful. I live in Latrobe, Pa. and I have a 14 year daughter which she has been going through some hard times as far as racial slurs here. My daughter is bi-racial and people seem to have a problem with that, she is my pride and joy. She is starting to fight back at these people. Plus, I just got out of a 11 year relationship and it is tearing her up. The person lives next door but has plans to leave for Az. in 2 weeks. My daughter begs them not to go because there are two other children involved I want to know if there is anyone out there that knows anyone who can help me move and get situated in Indiana. because after m ex leaves I have no one. My family lives here but that is a different story. If anyone out there can help me make the first step. I am scared. Me and my ex has done everything together for the last 11 years. It is a difficult time
I'd have a visit here for a few days. Come and explore the city. Liger & Sweetana are terrific resources on good places to live in the city. You should come in May, when the weather finally warms up! Just joking, we're having a bit of a cold spell right now.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:00 PM

667 posts, read 2,889,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Lady from Pa. View Post
I really want to make the right decision about moving to a place I don't even know anything about. I have done research on Indianapolis. It seems very calm and just out righgt beautiful. I live in Latrobe, Pa. and I have a 14 year daughter which she has been going through some hard times as far as racial slurs here. My daughter is bi-racial and people seem to have a problem with that, she is my pride and joy. She is starting to fight back at these people. Plus, I just got out of a 11 year relationship and it is tearing her up. The person lives next door but has plans to leave for AZ. in 2 weeks. My daughter begs them not to go because there are two other children involved I want to know if there is anyone out there that knows anyone who can help me move and get situated in Indiana. because after m ex leaves I have no one. My family lives here but that is a different story. If anyone out there can help me make the first step. I am scared. Me and my ex has done everything together for the last 11 years. It is a difficult time

Sorry to hear about your problems. I agree that you should take a couple days off and check out Indy. May actually is a beautiful month here in Indy.

What type of help are you looking for exactly? Answers to your questions, or actually helping you unload and unpack? No matter what, there are some wonderful people here who are very knowledgeable about the city and love to share their insights.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 PM

Hoosier Hospitality is the real deal.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:57 PM

14 posts, read 70,537 times
If you go to Indiana I would live in either Zionsville or Carmel, or maybe the Geist Area (it is wealthy and has a small lake). All are affluent, but comming from AZ that shouldn't be a problem. I grew up in Carmel and went to Carmel High School which is about 3,600 kids but considered one of the best schools in the state, along with Zionsville. Our test scores regularly beat the private schools around here, also much less drugs than in the private schools.

Carmel has much more shopping than Zionsville, especially with the new Clay Terrace outdoor mall.

Sorry...don't know much about St. Louis

Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 AM

The same people who built Clay Terrace ar building a similar mall in Fishers/Noblesville, just off Exit 10 on I-69.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana