Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:22 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times

Advertisements

Exactly what I expected to hear. This is the new (Internet) version of the old telephone call selling you great tickets for a great price to places you'll never get to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,625 times
I had similar responses as above. When asked about the refund I was asked if I had signed anything. When I said no, they said you'll get your money back within a year, sometime. They then laughed and hung up. I'll report to BBB and Attorney General. I'm not holding my breath.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,556 times
Their advertising couches at Advanced Internet Advisors are getting better then the current postings I would have given these guys thousands if I had it. I believe I have lost $250. I got called just today buy a newly assigned adv. couch to give him $1000 for 10000 hits to the site. I only had to give him $500 now and when the site made $1500 within 6months I would owe the other $500. I told him I had no money and in bread lines. He told me that fliers were fine but not very effective. I should go on cregslist and avd. every day. I told him I might be able to get a loan from my 401k. He suggested that might take a week or more. I told him I would call him back in two weeks ether way. Thank you Jay and Tech Freek you help set me strait. This guys fake concern, sell pitch, fake helping determination, and positive attitude had me hook line and sinker. He even said with all the tech.s and people involved his company wasn't making any money off of this offer but next year I would be putting thousands into adv. the website due to the business I would get.

Also Tech Freek might like to take a stab at this Adv. coaches claim. He claimed they had a new adv. technology. They get data from other web sites about what people are buying and looking for. Then their adv. capabilities are directing these people to my website. Like I said I fell for it.

Last edited by johnsideas; 11-13-2009 at 03:34 AM..

Old 11-17-2009, 07:15 PM

2 posts, read 4,920 times
Tek freek can you tell me what I can do now after falling for this aparent scam? I`m afraid I for it bad in a desperate attempt to make some extra money. signed dannyvoo

Old 11-18-2009, 05:53 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,653 times
Report them to BBB, chalk one up to experience.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM

3 posts, read 9,623 times
Default Got my refund!

Hello All,

Well I called daily and kept sending letters and I have received my refund. I have tried to take down my original post but can't figure it out.

Anyway - lesson learned. Need money - get a job.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:25 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
To all who have been sucked into this I advise doing what 40268046 has done.

You might consider using direct messaging to ask 40268046 specifically what he did to get his refund. Perhaps a more thorough explanation in a post would be nice.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 PM

3 posts, read 9,623 times
Default How I did it

1. File written complaints with BBB, OBB, Attorney General's Office.
2. E mail or call daily.

It takes some time but you need to decide if your point is worth it. My wife and I knew we may lose the money when we started this, we actually discussed the fact that it might be a scam. I felt that I had nothing to lose so it became principle.

Let me be honest, it is not a scam - but it's the equivalent of paying someone to teach you how to start your car. It's not rocket science that you're paying for. The sell you a web site and then you pay them to advertise it.

If you pay enough money you will make some money.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,920 times
Default not sure of next move

4020468 you say its not a scam? well its sure trying my patience. thank you guys for your replies.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Everything you need to know about this company is in the source of their home page...

The title tag is simply "Home"

No meta keywords

No meta description

Separate opening/closing tags for each javascript function
(not a "bad" thing necessarily, but pretty sloppy for a company that builds websites)

I wouldn't touch these guys with a ten foot pole. If they're not a scam, they're worthless anyway. Personally, I think the OP and the one or two posts that followed with links back to the website were themselves spam, trying to take advantage of C-Ds high pagerank on the backlinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet