Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2023, 07:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
And still 3,000 points away from your 3rd attempt at a correct prediction. We're going to need a lot more red Friday's!
2nd attempt. Admitted the February call was wrong, and I had nothing to do with Heart's prediction for a 2021 crash.
If you post half truths on one of my threads, you will be called out.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:19 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,231,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
2nd attempt. Admitted the February call was wrong, and I had nothing to do with Heart's prediction for a 2021 crash.
If you post half truths on one of my threads, you will be called out.
We beat up on you so much it's good to see you having fun with this one. Imagine if you hadn't closed some of your earlier short positions like BYND. Might want to consider holding some of these longer to take advantage of a market that is going your way. Ride this pony hard while it's running.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
We beat up on you so much it's good to see you having fun with this one. Imagine if you hadn't closed some of your earlier short positions like BYND. Might want to consider holding some of these longer to take advantage of a market that is going your way. Ride this pony hard while it's running.
Thanks! Appreciate that and you're right about a few of those.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:38 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,124,894 times
I opened a new position in META, yesterday. I am at 60% cash. I am waiting on an up day with a follow-through day within 3-7 days. If I see that, I will increase exposure.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:50 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times
Quote:
Red Friday.
What?!?! Uh Oh. Everything is green now! Your crystal ball predictor is off again.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
What?!?! Uh Oh. Everything is green now! Your crystal ball predictor is off again.
You're excited because we've gotten a small bounce back?

Old 10-06-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You're excited because we've gotten a small bounce back?
I'm not excited or disappointed because this happens literally every single day. I'm not an emotional naïve investor. I'm pointing out that you're wrong again and maybe teaching you why it's pointless to try to predict the market and remind everyone if a day reads red or green. WE can all see that without you. You were once again trying to brag about yourself by posting that its a "red" day and now its a green day. If you're going to stick your head out there and try to brag about your predictions learn to take it when you're wrong. Anyone who is an intelligent investor knows they can't predict day to day swings and doesn't try to brag about it.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I'm not excited or disappointed because this happens literally every single day. I'm not an emotional naïve investor. I'm pointing out that you're wrong again and maybe teaching you why it's pointless to try to predict the market. You were once again trying to brag about yourself by posting that its a "red" day and now its a green day. If you're going to stick your head out there and try to brag about your predictions learn to take it when you're wrong. Anyone who is an intelligent investor knows they can't predict day to day swings and doesn't try to brag about it.
1. Stop posting half truths on this thread. You've been caught in three of them this week.
2. I haven't bragged about the call -- I've only said we need to wait until Jan. 1 to see if it's a good call, or a poor call.
3. The "red Friday" comment was for humor
4. Until you stick your neck out and post some trades.....or give some actionable advice...don't criticize me for doing the same.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
4. Until you stick your neck out and post some trades.....or give some actionable advice...don't criticize me for doing the same.
Per my post "I'm pointing out that you're wrong again and maybe teaching you why it's pointless to try to predict the market."

Here's my predictions. Real estate isn't going to crash. The markets will have a correction at some point in the far future. The markets will continue to go up long term so stay invested. The markets will be up from here 6 months from now so stay invested. And I did call out both you and Heart by predicting that the markets would not crash, and I was right. I've also called out people predicting another housing collapse and have been right.

Old 10-06-2023, 11:33 AM

26,194 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Really? I called for a market drop on 9/21 and have been making money shorting stocks ever since then.
Do you want to re-think your statement?
No o don’t need to rethink my statement. Maybe you should reread your prediction because you shorted/closed the positions well before your prediction comes through. It’s clearly to me your actions aren’t following your prediction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing