Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 PM

336 posts, read 574,795 times

Advertisements

Sorry, bud. Get over it and stay on your side of the river. Then you won't have to worry about the cameras. Redneck? It takes one to know one!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCB View Post
Sorry, bud. Get over it and stay on your side of the river. Then you won't have to worry about the cameras. Redneck? It takes one to know one!
LOL! Gladly!

I'd be MORE than happy to never again have to set foot in Counciltucky!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:26 PM

415 posts, read 1,738,596 times
The cameras have been shown, nationally, to increase non-injury rear end collisions by a small amount, and decrease the far more dangerous T-bone collisions by a larger amount. Locally, in the QC area they have decreased accidents as a whole, and especially injury accidents. So the argument that they don't improve safety is false.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:11 PM

Omaha Rocks,. Your are no better than your inlaws racists. You are not tolerent. **** off!!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:16 PM

483 posts, read 1,221,427 times
I would get a petition to get the cameras removed going around. Especially since the yellow lights are less than 3 seconds, that's absurd.

And EastCB, why are you offended if someone doesn't like where you live? It happens all the time, name calling is kind of excessive but regardless.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Sorry.**** off everyone on This nforum. Good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCityImages View Post
The cameras have been shown, nationally, to increase non-injury rear end collisions by a small amount, and decrease the far more dangerous T-bone collisions by a larger amount. Locally, in the QC area they have decreased accidents as a whole, and especially injury accidents. So the argument that they don't improve safety is false.
I decided to go video these yellow lights in CB. I also called the Iowa DOT. According to the gentleman I talked to there, the 3-second yellow light is recommended for a 25-mph zone - the slowest speed zone. A 35 mph zone should have a 4-second yellow light.

The yellow light on 35th Street & Broadway is timed at just under 3 seconds. It is the first intersection in CB. It is in a 35 mph zone - but 2 blocks to the west, it's a 50 mph zone. 2 blocks further west is Interstate speed.

This is nothing but a money-making racket for the city of Council Bluffs.

Also, to say that these short yellow lights and cameras cut down T-Bone accidents is completely false in this instance. 35th Street is a lightly traveled 25 mph street. There have been NO LIVES SAVED by these cameras and short yellow lights. No accidents have been prevented, because they weren't having accidents there before they installed the cameras.

Sorry folks, but what I've been saying about the City of Council Bluffs is absolutely true. It is a pit, run by crooks.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:50 PM

Big Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who cares what you think?????

Old 10-28-2009, 07:56 PM

Omaha rocks. I feel sorry for you. Your CB realtives are racist?? Why did you marry a Redneck then????? Doesn't make sound too smart to me.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCB View Post
Omaha rocks. I feel sorry for you. Your CB realtives are racist?? Why did you marry a Redneck then????? Doesn't make sound too smart to me.
Is that the best you've got? And didn't you say you were leaving?

Why not talk about what the sleazy activity underwriting the budget of your fine town? Why not talk about how Council Bluffs has become a laughing stock?

And by the way, my wife is not from Council Bluffs. She has family living there. But that's not her fault!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa