Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM

397 posts, read 608,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
You show your dishonesty when you refuse to answer the question.
no, not dishonesty. im refusing to take this conversation any further because i thought we were having a mature conversation about islam, but you mock the god i believe in by comparing him to a flying spaghetti monster. so im choosing not to talk to you because your obviously just trying to make fun of me. your not really wanting to know about islam at all.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
no, not dishonesty. im refusing to take this conversation any further because i thought we were having a mature conversation about islam, but you mock the god i believe in by comparing him to a flying spaghetti monster. so im choosing not to talk to you because your obviously just trying to make fun of me. your not really wanting to know about islam at all.
Thanks for proving my point. If you were able to distinguish the differences between your claims vs my claims, (that I only made to make a point) you would have.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
I amazes me that this doesn't bother you..

yes it is amazing..!! qur'ans allah condones giving away a child like it was a dish rag..

bible 10th commandment
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

i guess god condones slavery

well what else would we expect form words written by the hand of man,!!the most corrupt species on the palnet.!!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,081 times
Quote:
NO. it is not okay for muslims to kill anyone. muslim or non muslim. unless your talking about defending your own life. then thats more self defense but no, not just outright killing anyone.

this question doesnt quite make sense. islam is a religion. that like asking if hinduism is mad at westerners. if your talking about muslims. well, muslims are all types of people. the religion does not say anything about americans in particular. if some people who are muslim dont like westerners, well thats their opinion, but its not part of the religion. if you would like to know if anyone overseas is mad at americans im sure you wont find a TRUE answer unless you ask someone overseas.

how would we know if anyone overseas is angry? thats like asking are hindu's in india mad at us. just because your part of a religion does not mean that you know what everyone in your religion is feeling. were all still people. we all still have our opinions and we make our own decisions. not every muslim american knows another muslim/someone overseas.

i wish i could help you with the other 2 questions but they seem targeted for someone who is actually from overseas. although i still hope i helped in some way.
Thanks for your answers;
It’s a common belief that the religion of Islam is intolerant of any other religion and especially hateful of Christians. So yes, I was asking about the religion. I ask because I work with some folks that are Islamic, the thought of asking them has crossed my mind but I often wonder how truthful the answer would be. I wonder if my Islamic coworkers secretly wish me dead for being different. Although I clam no religion or religious beliefs my skin color would insinuate differently.
As an Agnostic, I have a huge curiosity about other religions and their ways. I would indeed enjoy this open thread about Islam so my questions may be answered. I would also like to extend the same invite to you.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Thanks for your answers;
It’s a common belief that the religion of Islam is intolerant of any other religion and especially hateful of Christians. So yes, I was asking about the religion. I ask because I work with some folks that are Islamic, the thought of asking them has crossed my mind but I often wonder how truthful the answer would be. I wonder if my Islamic coworkers secretly wish me dead for being different. Although I clam no religion or religious beliefs my skin color would insinuate differently.
As an Agnostic, I have a huge curiosity about other religions and their ways. I would indeed enjoy this open thread about Islam so my questions may be answered. I would also like to extend the same invite to you.
i was the same way. as a christian i worked with a couple of muslims. after debating with them on a daily basis, i could not prove anything the way they could. and just everything they told me made sense. after about 2 years i was like STOP TELLING ME THINGS ABOUT ISLAM I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT! not because i didnt like hearing about it, but because it made too much sense and i knew it couldnt be wrong, meaning, me drinking, smoking, etc. is not right. rather than the christian mindset... jesus died for my sins so ill be forgiven regardless of what i do or how many times i do it. i can tell you alot of things about islam because i, myself, asked MANY MANY MANY questions before i reverted to islam.... so please, ask away

Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
"...because it made too much sense"? What did they say that was so convincing and impossoble for you to dispute?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:12 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times
Quote:
asked MANY MANY MANY questions before i reverted to islam.... so please, ask away
I seriously doubt that..

What is more likely, that an all powerful god, told muhammad to tell us what to do, or that he lied.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:35 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
i will try to feedback all about any thing in ISLAM

good luke to all friends here
Under Islamic Sharia law only the Caliph can call an offensive jihad, while defensive jihad can happen any time Muslim land is attacked. Since there has not been a caliph since 1924 only defensive jihad can be waged legally at the present time.
My question to you is what things are premitted under offensive jihad that are not permitted under defensive jihad?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
"...because it made too much sense"? What did they say that was so convincing and impossoble for you to dispute?
everything made sense about how life is supposed to be i guess you could say. anything i asked like why did god create us or how do we know that god exist or any question i had, had a legitimate answer religously. obviously if you believe in no god at all it probably wont make sense... but if you know that a god exist and that god is Allah it all comes together really

Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I seriously doubt that..

What is more likely, that an all powerful god, told muhammad to tell us what to do, or that he lied.
okay gplex. we all know you dont believe in god or muhammad. its clear, you can stop now. we all get the point that you know more about me and everyone else and thier religion more than they do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam