Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Check one;

Is it okay for Islam to kill non Islams? yes___ no___

Is Islam angry at Westerners (Americans)? yes___ no___

If so, are they angry enough kill them? yes___ no___

I feel these are yes or no questions.(no debate, just questions)
Thanks
Replace "Islam" with "muslim", and your questions would make sense..

Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 PM

397 posts, read 608,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
You didn't answer my question.
i thought i did. but i explained how its not "better". your question doesnt make sense. you asked WHY muhammads word is better than the others. who said it was necessarily better? i explained that each of allahs messengers message was just as important as the last, however since muhammad had the last message sent by allah, that is the one that we as muslims, follow. jews believe moses was the last prophet so they follow his teachings, and christians believe christ's message was the last so they follow him. since muhammad was the last one we as muslims follow the quran.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
i thought i did. but i explained how its not "better". your question doesnt make sense. you asked WHY muhammads word is better than the others. who said it was necessarily better? i explained that each of allahs messengers message was just as important as the last, however since muhammad had the last message sent by allah, that is the one that we as muslims, follow. jews believe moses was the last prophet so they follow his teachings, and christians believe christ's message was the last so they follow him. since muhammad was the last one we as muslims follow the quran.
But to someone who is standing outside of all these religions, and thinking to one self. WHY do these people accept the claims of a man? If I told you god told me to tell you to kill yourself, you wouldn't believe me, why would you believe muhammad, over me?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
We do not have the same god or you have such a false sense of truths sorrounding your path to God that it doesn't really matter if we believe in the same God.

Yes, Allah akbar. But some guy around 1400 years ago sold you folks a bill of goods. Well, on second thought, he said believe me or die or be made a servant. So enough of you said I will believe because the other two choices weren't every appealing.
what makes you believe that we do not believe in the creator of the heavens and of the earth. the one who created adam and eve. the one who will judge you on the day of judgement. the one who brings you back to life? are they not the same? never did the prophet muhammad say believe me or die... im not sure where your getting your information from but it seems that you have a lack of knowledge and some common sense. think, even if he did say that back then what is making people convert to islam today? no one forced me into islam, i submitted myself to allah on my own. the prophet muhammads followers, whom some were christian and jewish, converted because he came with the word of god. christians who read the bible know, and cannot deny, that it talks about the coming of the prophet. so they had proof that this was a prophet of god.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
But to someone who is standing outside of all these religions, and thinking to one self. WHY do these people accept the claims of a man? If I told you god told me to tell you to kill yourself, you wouldn't believe me, why would you believe muhammad, over me?
you would have to somehow prove that you are a prophet of god. there have been people in the past that have said "im a prophet of god." numerous people have. but they werent. they would say things that just didnt make sense. for example a guy in nebraska i think it was, a few years ago, said that all the women must sleep in the same bed with him or they wont be blessed or go to heaven because thats what god said. wives, girlfriends, etc. that in itself isnt right. its not right to sleep with someone elses wife or husband. its all about proof. anyone can convince anyone of anything, but you have to be able to back up what your saying or prove your a prophet. your story would have to make sense. your message must be flawless.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:47 PM

[quote=Gplex;14534659]But to someone who is standing outside of all these religions, and thinking to one self. WHY do these people accept the claims of a man? If I told you god told me to tell you to kill yourself, you wouldn't believe me, why would you believe muhammad, over me?[/quote]

i forgot to add, in the quran, allah says that muhammad is his last messenger and he has perfected his religion, so anybody who claims to be a prophet now, we know is false. it will be this way until the day of judgment.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
i forgot to add, in the quran, allah says that muhammad is his last messenger and he has perfected his religion, so anybody who claims to be a prophet now, we know is false. it will be this way until the day of judgment.
Muhammad said that he is the last messenger of HIS "perfect" religion.

You have only the word of a man who would have benefited from saying "god told me to tell you to be good to me".

Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
you would have to somehow prove that you are a prophet of god. there have been people in the past that have said "im a prophet of god." numerous people have. but they werent. they would say things that just didnt make sense. for example a guy in nebraska i think it was, a few years ago, said that all the women must sleep in the same bed with him or they wont be blessed or go to heaven because thats what god said. wives, girlfriends, etc. that in itself isnt right. its not right to sleep with someone elses wife or husband. its all about proof. anyone can convince anyone of anything, but you have to be able to back up what your saying or prove your a prophet. your story would have to make sense. your message must be flawless.
Yet muhammad never had to "prove" anything to you now did he.
No. That what MUHAMMAD SAID GOD SAID.

Why is muhammads word taken as truth, and not a lie, or a delusion like everyone else?

Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 PM

433 posts, read 587,378 times
I want to know what is Islam's views on waterboarding.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,747 times
A fine upstanding citizen is usually the preferred perpetrator of that work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam