Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:06 AM

762 posts, read 1,217,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Have you ever read the Description of Moses(PBUH) in the Jewish Talmud and Oral traditions?

SOURCE
That's interesting, no I have not read the Talmud. So my point of reference was the Old Testament. But now I see where Mohammed got the idea from,about Jesus speaking as a new born. It's known that the Bible and Torah, Talmud were available at that time. I knew it was not in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 AM

[quote]do you believe that our creator has the ability to make a new born baby speak in his first day?[\quote]

One word ..yes...God can do anything, but everything he does has a reason. It's not the fact that the newborn Jesus spoke that I have issue with, but the words he is reported to have said. They sound like words that a muslim would use. Now maybe Mohammed phrased the words so to make it easier for muslims to relate to and accept as truth, his claims for Jesus. As it was not recorded anywhere in the Bible, I can't really accept such a claim on the basis of such flimsy evidence.

[quote]a girl said to her friend i have to leave before midnight
and her friend said to her OK Cinderella.[\quote]

Yep..well good old Cinderella..whatever that means.

Your last point...is nothing more than conjecture, weather we exist before we are born is a mute point and one no one can prove. So that argument is a non starter.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM

Hmm...something went wrong with the old quote thingie..***sigh***

Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,675,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Yep..well good old Cinderella..whatever that means.

i gave this example as replay for your comments regarding sister of Aaron

this statment can have more than one meaning and you only picked the a wrong meaning.

Quote:
Your last point...is nothing more than conjecture, weather we exist before we are born is a mute point and one no one can prove. So that argument is a non starter.
you asked when did Jesus got the scriptures? In the womb? Or before conception

one of my answer was

there was a period of time between the time he got born and the time she carried him to her people.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,675,145 times
Quote:
Hmm...something went wrong with the old quote thingie..***sigh***
i think you have switched to edit mode

it is better to use the current edit mode.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:49 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times

I MESSED UP STEP 4, NOT NEEDED

Quote:
I want to quote this

Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM

[quote]there was a period of time between the time he got born and the time she carried him to her people.[\quote]

There was also all eternity that Jesus spent with God from the beginning of creation.

John 1

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The word = Jesus.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:25 AM

I think it's the iPad...quotes..!!!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
[quote=Nefol;26757885]
Quote:
there was a period of time between the time he got born and the time she carried him to her people.[\quote]

There was also all eternity that Jesus spent with God from the beginning of creation.

John 1

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The word = Jesus.
That carries with it the Assumption that John 1 is true.

Is there any unbiased, evidence it is the truth?

Old 11-01-2012, 05:31 PM

[quote=Woodrow LI;26758122]
Quote:

That carries with it the Assumption that John 1 is true.

Is there any unbiased, evidence it is the truth?
Well if we don't like John 1 we could have...

Mathew 3:16
Mark 1:11
Mathew 17:5
Ephesians 3:9
Hebrews 1:2
Hebrews 1:13
Psalms 110:1
Acts 2:34
Corinthians 10:4
Exodus 3:14 compare with.. John 8:58
Philippians 2:5-8
Revelations 1:17

There are very likely a good many more, but you get the idea. Just as you feel that the Quran is the source of truth in matters of divinity then I too feel that the Bible has all the answers within it's pages. But as you have one interpretation ..that of Mohammed.. The Bible offers many examples of the same truth over a great many years by many authors. That they all say pretty much the same..I believe that are all guided by the same Holy Spirit of God. As I believe God knows best in all things then as far as I can see its a done deal. As a hoax on the scale of what Islam implies about corruption and changes to the Bible..is..IMHO.. pretty nye on impossible to carry off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam