Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 06:25 PM

772 posts, read 1,000,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowens View Post
The golf course has been reopened for about 5 years now...
Well then I have no idea why Gluckstadt hasn't subsumed into Madison yet. I'm sure Mary is wanting to do it really bad, she's probably just waiting for the right time to do it.

That's unfortunate though, because Gluckstadt should be allowed to develop on it's own & create it's own identity.

But again, like I said, the more people move to Gluckstadt, the more commercial development is gonna follow. So I guess I should say, the key to not developing Gluckstadt commercially is to NOT move up there en mass. But I know as the middle class Blacks make their into the suburbs the Whites are gonna continue to move further up north. I wonder what they're gonna do when urban sprawl reaches the Canton city limits LOL. They're all gonna have to migrate back down south then LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 06:53 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,350,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zblanton1 View Post
Probably one of the reasons why Madison doesn't want Lake Caroline so bad is because their golf course closed, and the values of the homes up there went down because of that. I remember the residents were outraged.

Plus I find it funny that the people of Gluckstadt aren't expecting the town to grow like Ridgeland & Madison have grown in the last two decades. Like they protested the building of a gas station at Catlett Road & Stribling Road I believe.

Get ready, because commercial developers are about to feast upon some prime real estate up there.
What are you talking about? It's obvious you have never been to Lake Caroline. Golf course has been open a while now. And the gas station that was proposed at Catlett and Stribling is at a dangerous curve. If you're going to comment on a part of town you should atleast have your facts straight.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
What are you talking about? It's obvious you have never been to Lake Caroline. Golf course has been open a while now. And the gas station that was proposed at Catlett and Stribling is at a dangerous curve. If you're going to comment on a part of town you should atleast have your facts straight.
Well I wasn't informed of the golf course reopening because I hadn't heard much of anything about it, and I believe the gas station was mainly opposed because the residents didn't want a gas station there. I'm pretty informed about the topic at hand, I just don't go up there much, because there's NOTHING up there but subdivisions. Urban sprawl at it's finest, true suburban trap it indeed is.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Well I wasn't informed of the golf course reopening because I hadn't heard much of anything about it, and I believe the gas station was mainly opposed because the residents didn't want a gas station there. I'm pretty informed about the topic at hand, I just don't go up there much, because there's NOTHING up there but subdivisions. Urban sprawl at it's finest, true suburban trap it indeed is.
"Pretty informed"???? You're the exact opposite of informed. And you follow it up by trying to ridicule the area that you supposedly are "pretty informed" about??

Stick to Jackson news.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Madison's longtime mayor seeks state office - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Bad news for the people of Madison.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:26 PM

Well she wasn't going to be mayor forever. I will say she is leaving thre next mayor a great groundwork for future growth. Hopefully the next mayor is as stringent on building codes.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:14 PM

Jackson Jambalaya: "We have now what we have always needed, real partnership with government"

More trouble with the cursed Parkway development.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Did you even read the update?

Quote:
Update: The words "debacle" and "bailout" were used by the Clarion-Ledger and Madison County Journal about in their headlines about the bill. Parkway South has not defaulted on the TIF bonds.The Galleria TIF has not failed and is producing. The county is restructuring the bonds so as to match payments with revenue. The TIF included tax-exempt property, which obviously is self-defeating. The original post was based upon what was reported in the two newspapers. More information will be added if it becomes available. County sources said county officials did not ask for the legislation nor did anyone ask the legislature to draft the bill.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:46 PM

Well then it was misreported. Still, it'll be monumental when stuff gets moving in way of construction over there. This has been such an entanglement.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:10 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,308 times
Quote:
I was surprised to learn about this today. I'm not sure how she would do in a statewide election. Will she have to resign as mayor to run for auditor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson