Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times

Advertisements

hard sigh.......Its funny when I think of Mike Hogan being the next mayor I think of all those crazy ESPN guy ripping the city even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:48 PM

8 posts, read 24,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
As of the last few days, neither of us like the temperatures that Jax has been having. Other than those cold, cold temps, we do like Jax. But, if I was single, Jax would NOT be a place I'd chose to live......NO WAY!!
I'd like to know why not?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:51 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
That message was written in early December 2010 - when we had unusually cold weather for December. There are a lot of us here (including me) who don't particularly like cold weather. Robyn

Old 04-25-2011, 03:08 PM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times
I was one of the transplants who missed the cold weather. After spending most of December in Rhode Island and experiencing the blizzard of 2010, I now officially renounce any desire for the cold, they can keep it.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 PM

This thread has a lot to do with the next mayor of Jacksonville FL. What do people think of Jacksonville. Which mayor has the vision to effect what people think of the City of Jacksonville?? What people think is important both for economics, recreation....etc

Old 04-28-2011, 02:53 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
I for one don't really care what other people think of Jax. I like it, as it is, as it was and as it will be. I can live just about anywhere in the world I would want to and I live here. I was not born here but, I was raised here. After leaving for college and 25 years of service to my country I decided to settle on the far West Side of Jax. And no I really don't care what outsiders think of where I chose to live or who the mayor is. Or even what some talking head on ESPN thinks, because he can't see women dancing naked on every street corner, or get a drink/drunk at 5am. here during a Superbowl. As far as whom the Mayor is it again doesn't really matter...they are all about the same, and of little consequence in the long run as they are not in office really long enough to have much impact on anything that can not be changed by the next suit that buys/talk/bribes his way into the job. . So thats a little about how I feel ...IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT JACKSONVILLE....IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT YOU THINK AND ARE WILLING TO DO TO MAKE JACKSONVILLE A BETTER PLACE FOR ALL TO LIVE

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 04-28-2011 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: opinions expressed here have little to do with anything important

Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
I for one don't really care what other people think of Jax. I like it, as it is, as it was and as it will be. I can live just about anywhere in the world I would want to and I live here. I was not born here but, I was raised here. After leaving for college and 25 years of service to my country I decided to settle on the far West Side of Jax. And no I really don't care what outsiders think of where I chose to live or who the mayor is. Or even what some talking head on ESPN thinks, because he can't see women dancing naked on every street corner, or get a drink/drunk at 5am. here during a Superbowl. As far as whom the Mayor is it again doesn't really matter...they are all about the same, and of little consequence in the long run as they are not in office really long enough to have much impact on anything that can not be changed by the next suit that buys/talk/bribes his way into the job. . So thats a little about how I feel ...IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT JACKSONVILLE....IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT YOU THINK AND ARE WILLING TO DO TO MAKE JACKSONVILLE A BETTER PLACE FOR ALL TO LIVE
I've had many opps. to relocate to another city but Jacksonville is my home and I'm going to die here, raise my family here (if that's in the works), etc.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
I for one don't really care what other people think of Jax. I like it, as it is, as it was and as it will be. I can live just about anywhere in the world I would want to and I live here. I was not born here but, I was raised here. After leaving for college and 25 years of service to my country I decided to settle on the far West Side of Jax. And no I really don't care what outsiders think of where I chose to live or who the mayor is. Or even what some talking head on ESPN thinks, because he can't see women dancing naked on every street corner, or get a drink/drunk at 5am. here during a Superbowl. As far as whom the Mayor is it again doesn't really matter...they are all about the same, and of little consequence in the long run as they are not in office really long enough to have much impact on anything that can not be changed by the next suit that buys/talk/bribes his way into the job. . So thats a little about how I feel ...IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT JACKSONVILLE....IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT YOU THINK AND ARE WILLING TO DO TO MAKE Jt ACKSONVILLE A BETTER PLACE FOR ALL TO LIVE
Mayors are not all the same. You seem to be an old man, posting like an old man. No disrespect. But Delaney was The MAN. Peyton is not....no way you can say those two were the same old same old. Delaney actually made Jacksonville BETTER. What man besides the FBC types does not want to see hot women where ever he goes? Even married and gay men like hot women. You do care what people think other wise you would not have posted......see?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Mayors are not all the same. You seem to be an old man, posting like an old man. No disrespect. But Delaney was The MAN. Peyton is not....no way you can say those two were the same old same old. Delaney actually made Jacksonville BETTER. What man besides the FBC types does not want to see hot women where ever he goes? Even married and gay men like hot women. You do care what people think other wise you would not have posted......see?
I am an older person ..post like an old person? does that mean I t y p e s l o w or dumb things down so young whippersnappers can understand?
Yes Delany is way better than Peyton I know John Delany and used to play golf with his father, but as for making Jax better umm no. Not for lack of trying but for lack of a decisive city council. And as for the hot woman context I was referring to an earlier rant of yours about ESPN guys ripping Jax, they ripped it for having no nightlife and Jax not deserving a SuperBowl. As far as gay men liking Hot Women I will have to take your word for that I don't know any gay guys. I have been married for 30+ years and will agree as far as married men goes, but I think our opinions differ on whats hot and whats trashy. Classy is way better than Trashy! BTW I also knew Hans Tanzler, Lou Ritter, Jake Godbold,Tommy Hazouri Didn't know Ed Austin as I was on assignment out of the country The only one who did anything lasting was Hazouri as he got rid of the tolls.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:02 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times
^^^You must not know the mayors because Tanzler was behind consolidation, which is by far the biggest political move to ever come out of Jacksonville (set the stone for many other cities, too).

Jake Godbold actually did quite a bit (negative in my opinion) on the same level as Hazouri. So you "know" all of these guys? Play golf with Delaney's father? (there is a second "e" in Delaney) Sounds fishy. Tanzler was a "down the street" neighbor growing up and his son is a year older than me and was a classmate of mine. I still don't personally know Mayor Tanzler, but I know his son. I also went to high school with Delaney's children, one of whom I knew decently well (year younger than me), and I have yet to meet their father. What is it that you do? I was just at a meeting with the mayor of Atlanta, but I certainly can't now claim to know him personally.

FYI, by default if you are posting on City-Data, you are not posting like an old man. I don't know anyone, let alone old men, who even knows what City-Data is, so hopefully that makes you feel younger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville