Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM

17 posts, read 50,579 times

Advertisements

Decided on Queen's Harbour over World of Golf. Is this a nice area for families? Close to everything? Is the traffic terrible?

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Queens Harbour vs. (perhaps) World Golf Village in St. Johns County? Totally different animals IMO. If you've decided already - why bother to ask questions? Robyn

Old 03-22-2011, 06:39 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydonna1 View Post
Decided on Queen's Harbour over World of Golf. Is this a nice area for families? Close to everything? Is the traffic terrible?

Thanks for any input.
It's nice, if your looking for an ultra-suburbish area.

I wouldn't call it an great place for families, but I suspect others do.
(I wouldn't because it's not particularly close to anything you can enjoiy with a family).

No, it's not close to everything. It's close to strip malls.

The traffic just depends on the time of day. Rush hours it's terrible, non-rush hours it's busy, but not bad.

It's "desirable" because someone put a gate around big, new houses (though not so new anymore) and made it an HOA.

Some people love those kinds of things, but not my cup of tea.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 AM

150 posts, read 576,873 times
I live near there and think it is a fine place for families. Yes, it is close to a lot of strip malls, but it is convenient to lots of other things as well. You would be about 5-7 minutes from the beach, 15 from downtown, and about 15 to get to the St. Johns Town Center. Depending on what your family likes to do, living in Queens Harbor isn't any better or worse than any other part of town as far as things to do. There are lots of parks (Timacuan Preserve, the Dunes, Abess) near there and you can easily drive to whatever activity at the beach or downtown that you wnat to take part in.

That being said, Queens Harbor itself seems to be a great neighborhood for families and it really does seem like safe neighborhood the few times I have been in there to visit friends.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:46 PM

Thanks. I have only been to visit once so that I am questioning where we live.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Queens Harbour vs. (perhaps) World Golf Village in St. Johns County? Totally different animals IMO. If you've decided already - why bother to ask questions? Robyn
I only had 1 day /trip to decide so I don't know what is closer to entertainment.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:14 PM

I don't know what kind of entertainment you're looking for. Symphony orchestra? County music concerts? County fairs? Sports events? Monster trucks? Both JAX - where Queens Harbor is - and St. Augustine - closer to the World Golf Village - have entertainment. In many flavors - and in many many places around the metro area. And if it's any consolation in terms of your choice - even the places in St. Augustine - like the Amphitheater - aren't that terrible a drive from Queens Harbor. Plus there's entertainment stuff on Amelia Island as well. Again - not too far from Queens Harbor. You're probably talking about 30-45 minutes max - from one end of the extended metro area to another - at times when you'd be going to/coming from entertainment events. This is such a big place geographically with so many things going on - well you can't be close to everything.

In terms of Queens Harbor itself - the only friend I have there is the son of my father's girlfriend. He's a doc at Mayo - and has lived in Queens Harbor for about 15 years. Raised his kids there (they all are in/went to magnet schools in Duval County - Stanton - Douglas Anderson - etc.). He's been pretty happy living there best I can tell - and his kids are getting/got good educations (oldest daughter is now at UF - other 3 kids aren't in college yet).

Did you buy or rent? Robyn

Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
It's nice, if your looking for an ultra-suburbish area.

I wouldn't call it an great place for families, but I suspect others do.
(I wouldn't because it's not particularly close to anything you can enjoiy with a family).

No, it's not close to everything. It's close to strip malls.

The traffic just depends on the time of day. Rush hours it's terrible, non-rush hours it's busy, but not bad.

It's "desirable" because someone put a gate around big, new houses (though not so new anymore) and made it an HOA.

Some people love those kinds of things, but not my cup of tea.
OK - well we know you don't have a family (no kids). You're just a husband and wife - like me and my husband. Reckon we are families - but not what people usually are talking about when they talk about "families". So what do you do with your wife? Where do you play golf - play tennis - jog - ride bikes? Go shopping - for groceries - clothing - plants to plant in your yard - anything? Do you have season tickets to the symphony downtown - the Broadway Series - or the Riverside Arts series. Do you ever go to a county fair - even the JAX county fair? Where are your doctors and dentists?

You make it sound like where you live has everything - but it doesn't. No place in the metro JAX area has everything - or even close to everything. Robyn

Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM

17 posts, read 25,607 times
Default Queens Harbour

Does anyone know why QHYCC does not celebrate July 4th or Memorial Day? Are they unpatriotic?

Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalo View Post
Does anyone know why QHYCC does not celebrate July 4th or Memorial Day? Are they unpatriotic?
I would move there to not here fireworks 182 days of the year like I do everywhere else I've lived in FL.... I'll never understand the fascination...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville