Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 09:53 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,151,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Long-term: Robinson was iffy as a LT cornerstone for the future and really needed to show solid improvement this season. If this season is wiped out for him then he doesn't get to build on anything and we lose one whole year to vet him for a second contract.
I was beginning to think Robinson was iffy at LT as well. Hopefully Norwell can carry the load and help out Josh Wells going forward. According to folks who study week to week offensive line play, Norwell completely dominated the inside.

Cole is no joke. That's three 100+ yard games in the last 5 regular season games. Impressive stuff from an UDFA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 12:32 PM

9,397 posts, read 8,363,704 times
I think the team will be fine w/out Robinson, but looking at their roster now, they only have one more offensive tackle that I can see, and he's a 4th round rookie (Will Richardson). Which is why I said before my concern is mostly due to lack of depth at that position.

Maybe trade Fournette for a starting LT. KIDDING (sort of).

Old 09-17-2018, 02:12 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Jaguars are definitely getting some respect today. Was just listening to WFAN (sports talk) in NY (Mike Francesa) and he went on to say that the Jaguars are hands down the best team in the AFC and should get to the Superbowl. He also went on to give props to offensive line coach Pat Flaherty who he said is one of the, if not the best offensive line coach in the NFL.

Pat Flaherty was the offensive line coach for the Giants under Tom Coughlin from 2004 - 2015 (winning 2 Superbowls). I just recall how they always managed to find guys off the scrapheap to fill in for guys that got hurt and never missed a step. Hope he can pull that off here.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:19 PM

661 posts, read 867,752 times
NFL power rankings today had Rams #1 and Jags #2. Seahawks #29..lol funny how things change.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:25 AM

Based on the eye test I'd say that's pretty accurate. Although the Chiefs certainly look like a contender too with that offense of theirs. I sort of cringed when I saw that the Jags have to travel to KC in a few weeks. That will be a huge test of the Jaguars defense.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:17 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
NFL power rankings today had Rams #1 and Jags #2. Seahawks #29..lol funny how things change.
Lol which one? You said it like there are official rankings. But yeah, most of em I have seen put the Jags in the top 3, well actually most put em in the top 2. Lots of respect. What's funny is the last time the Jags were in the conversation for best team in the NFL was 1999. I remember it well. And that year, the other top team was the Rams (of St Louis) who went on to win the super bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Based on the eye test I'd say that's pretty accurate. Although the Chiefs certainly look like a contender too with that offense of theirs. I sort of cringed when I saw that the Jags have to travel to KC in a few weeks. That will be a huge test of the Jaguars defense.
Chiefs offense looks unstoppable, however their defense looks atrocious too. Not only should our offense be clearly better than their D, it is also true that a gimmicky offense with an essentially first-year QB generally gets figured out to some degree after a month or so. So Jags will play them just as teams should be starting to find ways to slow them down and we get more tape on how various defenses try to attack them.

I mean, who knows, they do have a ton of weapons. But at this moment in time I like the Jags against the Chiefs.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:49 PM

661 posts, read 867,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Lol which one? You said it like there are official rankings. But yeah, most of em I have seen put the Jags in the top 3, well actually most put em in the top 2. Lots of respect. What's funny is the last time the Jags were in the conversation for best team in the NFL was 1999. I remember it well. And that year, the other top team was the Rams (of St Louis) who went on to win the super bowl.

Chiefs offense looks unstoppable, however their defense looks atrocious too. Not only should our offense be clearly better than their D, it is also true that a gimmicky offense with an essentially first-year QB generally gets figured out to some degree after a month or so. So Jags will play them just as teams should be starting to find ways to slow them down and we get more tape on how various defenses try to attack them.

I mean, who knows, they do have a ton of weapons. But at this moment in time I like the Jags against the Chiefs.
The rankings were on NFL.com (power ranking). Right not like college rankings....lol. I also remember the glory days of 98, 99, cheering for the Rams to beat the titans after they owned us 3 times in one season. Jags have a tougher schedule for sure this season. So far so good!

Old 09-24-2018, 06:14 AM

Well that was awful.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:17 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Well that was awful.
The Titans are clearly the Jags' achilles heel. As a fan of the Dolphins as well equate it to whenever they play the Jets. No matter how bad the Jets are any given year the Dolphins would always show up flat and find a way to lose. The Titans seem to be the equivalent situation here.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:13 AM

Which is so odd to me given their personnel and coaching changes.

I feel like the Jags were trying hard not to lose yesterday vs. trying to win the game. Bad Blake showed up too, which is never a good thing. That was the first time in a long time I was actually screaming at my TV, it was that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville