Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2021, 06:46 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Urban Meyer + Trevor Lawrence = a pretty exciting future ahead
This Gator congratulates Jags fans on your team’s great hire. When I’m not rooting for the Dolphins I’ll be cheering you on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 02:52 PM

396 posts, read 417,086 times
Tonight....we become "Trevortown"!

So who will we pick second?

Old 04-30-2021, 06:28 AM

9,377 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Trying hard to stay positive after this RB pick. I can't understand for the life of me why a team who is already set at RB and who has been burned very badly not too long ago drafting a RB in the 1st round would use that pick for Etienne. Yes, he's a great college RB but I would think this team has far more pressing needs like TE, OL and just about any/every defensive position. Especially knowing you can go out and find hidden gem RBs like Robinson late in the draft or hey, even UDFAs.

Maybe Meyer is wanting to install a big RPO scheme and, if so, it would make more sense picking a RB who can also catch passes in Etienne.

Regardless, we just got a generational QB in TL. He's regularly compared to Luck, Elway and P. Manning in terms of can't-miss locks at the position. We shall see. The future is bright in Jacksonville after that pick. Let's hope we get some OL talent now to protect him and maybe get an upgrade at TE.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:35 AM

661 posts, read 866,260 times
The Etienne pick was a shock then it wasn't a shock at all right? Now let's hope we don't go WR at 33rd pick.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:30 AM

25 posts, read 44,126 times
I am always wary of any 1st round pick spent on a RB. Too much can go wrong for such a valuable pick. That said, a QB and RB combo that already has a successful track record in college? Both top picks at their position? Seems like a solid start to the draft. The number 3 pick will shape the overall grade.

Things are definitely going in the right direction for the future thanks to TL!

Old 04-30-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
The Etienne pick was a shock then it wasn't a shock at all right? Now let's hope we don't go WR at 33rd pick.
I *think* we're at least okay at WR but honestly, it's so hard to gauge players like Shenault or even Chark since they were in such a pathetic offensive scheme. I don't mind going all-in on the offense, but I just think we had more pressing needs with that pick. Maybe Meyer and/or Khan are one of those "best available" drafters where they don't worry about position needs, just take the best player available when it's their turn to pick. I never was a fan of that mindset.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:34 PM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I'll definitely be watching the Jags this year.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:12 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,896,864 times
They picked Etienne to make their dream franchise QB more comfortable. Was he the best player, no, but he had a connection with Trevor and Trevor is the best thing that ever happened to this franchise by a factor of 100.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:39 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
I'm a casual football fan these days but I'm excited for the potential of the Jaguars and I look forward to watching Lawrence do great things for your team and community I'm glad he ended up in Jacksonville where I'm sure he will fit in and be loved and not somewhere like New York. Good luck this season!

Old 05-03-2021, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
They picked Etienne to make their dream franchise QB more comfortable. Was he the best player, no, but he had a connection with Trevor and Trevor is the best thing that ever happened to this franchise by a factor of 100.
You are probably right. Make Trevor happy and the rest will fall into place.

Didn't love the other picks - a CB with one career INT, an OL who hasn't played in 2 years and a TE who is a blocking TE. But who knows, normally I feel good after the draft and 90% of them turn into total busts so maybe the opposite will happen this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville