Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:51 PM

382 posts, read 1,922,279 times

Advertisements

So, I emailed the hiring manager this morning asking about the status but he did not respond to me. Does this mean I am rejected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,694,877 times
Just hang in there. Schools are out for Spring break. My next door neighbor is an HR Director and is in Cabo with the whole family.....lots of people are out of the office right now......

Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM

Oh well, at least I would appreciate them responding to my email. I traveled 1200 miles on my expense and I think I at least deserve a rejection email/letter. So, I am hoping that he was busy to check his email and that he did NOT delete my message without responding.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessit771 View Post
Oh well, at least I would appreciate them responding to my email. I traveled 1200 miles on my expense and I think I at least deserve a rejection email/letter. So, I am hoping that he was busy to check his email and that he did NOT delete my message without responding.

I see you still refuse to move on

Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 PM

I did move on and continue my search each and every day. However, today, after sending an email twice I received a response from the hiring manager:

Thank you for your patience. I apologize for the delay. The City of Irving has a thorough hiring process that I must submit to. We are still evaluating all of the interview candidates to narrow it down to the top candidates. I hope to have the final decision within the next week or two.

Well, the interview took place on 3/8 and they said it will be two weeks.

Also, I made a mistake by sending too many follow up messages to hiring manager and few members of HR depart management. I guess I am just not patient. Then another email from hiring manage came through:

One last thing. Please limit any future communication regarding the position to only myself. Thanks and have a good weekend.

What do you guys think?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:25 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
It sounds like they are starting to consider you a bit of a pest. Sorry to say that but I too am a hiring manager at a public agency, and it's different from private industry. We have a lot of detailed rules to follow and it takes a lot of additional time. Also, we typically have had layoffs and HR departments are stretched thin, so that adds additional time. Please try to be more patient
in the future to avoid annoying the people responsible for hiring.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Besides from not contacting again, is there anything else I can do to ensure that this is not held against me? Thanks!

Old 03-19-2011, 03:18 PM

76 posts, read 258,112 times
No, you just have to be patient.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessit771 View Post
i did move on and continue my search each and every day. However, today, after sending an email twice i received a response from the hiring manager:

thank you for your patience. I apologize for the delay. The city of irving has a thorough hiring process that i must submit to. We are still evaluating all of the interview candidates to narrow it down to the top candidates. I hope to have the final decision within the next week or two.

well, the interview took place on 3/8 and they said it will be two weeks.

Also, i made a mistake by sending too many follow up messages to hiring manager and few members of hr depart management. I guess i am just not patient. Then another email from hiring manage came through:

one last thing. Please limit any future communication regarding the position to only myself. Thanks and have a good weekend.

what do you guys think?

you didn"t get the job

Old 03-19-2011, 05:40 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,960,350 times
It is pretty frustrating when they don't send you a rejection letter or email. I am comfortable with my current job, but I sometimes apply for higher paying jobs that I barely qualify for just to see if they'll call (you don't know until you try). If they don't send a rejection email, I feel like I'm still being considered.
One company sent me a rejection email a few days after I applied, and I still see the same job posting being refreshed on the job boards. The position has been open for about 2 months now, but atleast I know where I stand on that one instead of wondering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search