Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:42 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,713,543 times

Advertisements

When you give some in depth answer and they write down four words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,083 times
How the receptionist and everyone looks at you once you enter the building, like they are thinking "here comes another one, poor guy doesn't know what he's getting himself into"

Old 02-18-2014, 07:01 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
How the receptionist and everyone looks at you once you enter the building, like they are thinking "here comes another one, poor guy doesn't know what he's getting himself into"
One time I mentioned something like that as an ice breaker to the receptionist and she said, you guys are all the same ha ha, you all show up 20 minutes early in a full suit asking me questions about company culture.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:35 PM

12 posts, read 21,036 times
Personal questions, and those bordering on discrimination.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:41 PM

421 posts, read 676,795 times
I hate when they ask scripted, generic questions such as, "tell me about a time when..."

Old 02-18-2014, 07:42 PM

421 posts, read 676,795 times
I also hate when they as about salary expectations during the first interview.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,437,038 times
Other than the few interviews where we discussed my skills and abilities every single thing...

I hate having HR bimbos asking me stupid tell me about a time... questions, I hate the shallowness, I hate how some jerks come to an interview to tear people apart and pat themself on the back with self delusion at having saved the company from a bad hire, I hate how they demand salary history so they can lowball you, I hate how the stretch them out all day or even multiple days and have everyone including the night janitor and UPS guy interview you, I hate how they smile and tell you they will inform you of their decision next week and you know they are lying snakes because they never do, I hate the bigotry against the unemployed, the credit checks, I hate having to ask for a favor from others to act as a reference, I hate the redundant applications, I hate how noone even reads my resume until after the interview begins I hate those HR Quackery psyche tests and whatever else they are empowered to inflict upon candidates.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelle View Post
Personal questions, and those bordering on discrimination.
1. Are you married?
2. Do you have kids?
3. What do you like to do in your free time-post about idiots like you on CD that are a lawsuit waiting to happen, but continue on please.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:52 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
What I dislike the most during an interview is the infamous question:

What is the one thing you can improve on?

I mean, what are you supposed to answer? Anything you mention can kill your chance at the position you're interviewing for. I find this question so absurd.

The next thing I dislike at an interview is being interviewed by two or more people at the same time. It's like an interrogation. There's ALWAYS one interviewer that tries to be the company Goody-Two shoes and tries to flex his or her muscle to the other interviewers with the hope of gaining points. Get out of here.

-Cheers.
I'm with you, I soooo agree about the "improve on" question. During the phone interview for my current position the dreaded question was asked and I answered "I would like to improve my phone interview skills", the interviewer cracked up and put me through to the second interview.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Other than the few interviews where we discussed my skills and abilities every single thing...

I hate having HR bimbos asking me stupid tell me about a time... questions, I hate the shallowness, I hate how some jerks come to an interview to tear people apart and pat themself on the back with self delusion at having saved the company from a bad hire, I hate how they demand salary history so they can lowball you, I hate how the stretch them out all day or even multiple days and have everyone including the night janitor and UPS guy interview you, I hate how they smile and tell you they will inform you of their decision next week and you know they are lying snakes because they never do, I hate the bigotry against the unemployed, the credit checks, I hate having to ask for a favor from others to act as a reference, I hate the redundant applications, I hate how noone even reads my resume until after the interview begins I hate those HR Quackery psyche tests and whatever else they are empowered to inflict upon candidates.
Don't forget showing up 15-20 minutes early and then they leave you hanging in the lobby and when after waiting so damn long you power up your device only to have them walk out and think you are unprofessional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search