Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 11:18 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times

Advertisements

We should all thank our lucky stars - as well as those Kentuckians who voted intelligently last November - that Andy Beshear is presently governor of Kentucky. I shudder to think what a botch Matt Bevin would be making of the present corona crisis.

He'd probably throw mandatory corona parties for everyone, like the chicken pox party he made his poor kids attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 11:44 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,882,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
We should all thank our lucky stars - as well as those Kentuckians who voted intelligently last November - that Andy Beshear is presently governor of Kentucky. I shudder to think what a botch Matt Bevin would be making of the present corona crisis.

He'd probably throw mandatory corona parties for everyone, like the chicken pox party he made his poor kids attend.

I expect nothing less from a democrat with a statement like this. Shame on you mrcreek....I somehow expected better from you.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Well, hogs, I wouldn't usually say something about your political comments, because like I've always said, we all have our own opinion. But, I hope you wouldn't stand up for a man who tweeted this:

BREAKING NEWS:

Chicken Little has just confirmed that the sky IS indeed falling...

Everyone is advised to take cover immediately and to bring lots of toilet paper with them when they do so...

— Matt Bevin (@MattBevin) March 11, 2020[/b]

I know a dog who has enough sense not to do something like this, and he's been dead 5 years.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Well, hogs, I wouldn't usually say something about your political comments, because like I've always said, we all have our own opinion. But, I hope you wouldn't stand up for a man who tweeted this:

BREAKING NEWS:

Chicken Little has just confirmed that the sky IS indeed falling...

Everyone is advised to take cover immediately and to bring lots of toilet paper with them when they do so...

— Matt Bevin (@MattBevin) March 11, 2020[/b]

I know a dog who has enough sense not to do something like this, and he's been dead 5 years.

Well gman, that could be correct. I not on the twitter scene but, I would be glad to look into the original post if you could provide me with a link...thanks.

Old 04-01-2020, 04:23 PM

I'm not on twitter but I've seen this on several national news feeds.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...us/5025892002/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-...b6bd8156f19bae

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...Gov-Matt-Bevin

Need some more? There's plenty.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Thanks gman, It would "appear" that he did in fact make that statement. I hadn't seen that before but, on the other hand I haven't been searching for such things either. I guess, if I chose to, I could search for some negative comments little Andy has made as well but, I choose not to. I am perfectly capable of arriving at my own conclusions of other people based in the facts. Facts that the democrats hate by the way.

With all the attacks (angry hateful attacks) on me here on the old CD just further confirm's the democrat mentality. Which is...."Either agree with me or you are a low life, ignorant, deplorable, uneducated fool" and the list goes on and on. And, while little Andy did win the election...by a few hundred votes, I will proudly remain in the minority for the time being.

Thank you sir...I hope and pray for nothing but good health and prosperity for all.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:27 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
I expect nothing less from a democrat with a statement like this. Shame on you mrcreek....I somehow expected better from you.

Kindly Uncle Andy's "say it with me...say it one more time...say it again...let's say it all together" like we're preschoolers and "light your house up green tonight because green is the color of compassion" and "ring your bells at 10:00" are very effective tools against the coronavirus, I'm sure. Enforcing "shelter at home" (it's not even an executive order; just a "suggestion" that he makes day after day after day.....) would be, but he's too WOO-WOO and mealy-mouthed for that. I can't decide if he's a frustrated teacher, preacher, counselor, or massage therapist, but he's a pretty weak leader (I think his Daddy must have pressured him to follow in his footsteps).

Old 04-02-2020, 07:25 PM

hogs, I didn't go looking for this when it happened. Several people on facebook posted an article from, I think, the Washington Post, about the job Beshear is doing with the virus. I first found Bevin's "tweet" in that article then it started popping up in other articles I read. I may not disagree with him, but I don't go looking for things.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:20 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Kindly Uncle Andy's "say it with me...say it one more time...say it again...let's say it all together" like we're preschoolers and "light your house up green tonight because green is the color of compassion" and "ring your bells at 10:00" are very effective tools against the coronavirus, I'm sure. Enforcing "shelter at home" (it's not even an executive order; just a "suggestion" that he makes day after day after day.....) would be, but he's too WOO-WOO and mealy-mouthed for that. I can't decide if he's a frustrated teacher, preacher, counselor, or massage therapist, but he's a pretty weak leader (I think his Daddy must have pressured him to follow in his footsteps).
If you're still alive when this is over, there's a pretty good chance you'll owe your life to Beshear.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-04-2020 at 08:19 PM..

Old 04-03-2020, 02:41 PM

Didn't see a need to take up space with otterhere's post but found a good response showing up a lot on facebook.
https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvil...xnikR_gMU8ZqK8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky