Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 03:09 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times

Advertisements

I think that gem will be back tonight. Or is leaving tonight. Or something. Hmmm...I forget.

And yes, I really do talk that much.

To make matters worse, I lived in an area of Florida where it seemed like no one wanted to chat. I have 10 years of pent-up talking!

Hopefully, mystic will be back on soon!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,260 times
J&Em...I'm so pleased you like them!! gem...said she wouldn't be on very often while she was in TX. I'm sure she will sneek in here as soon as she can. She can't stay away from us for too long, cause she misses us to much. Isn't that right gem??

hik...Don't worry about choosing the colors too much....it will all of a sudden just hit you, and you'll know exactly what colors you want where.

mystic...I know you said you wouldn't be on till late tonight, but there are a bunch of anxious friends waiting to hear from you!!!

pam...Do you know when you'll be back home yet??

Suzanne...I hope all is well with you! It is so nice to see you more often!!

bebette....Sure are glad you are back!!!!!!

Hi bones, gailli, and all you other wonderful folks!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,260 times
~~~~~Have very sweet dreams tonight!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:21 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,450 times
I'm back, and in one piece!! I just got through catching up on today's posts and I am sitting here in tears of joy. You guys are truly awesome!

We got to the title place about 10 minutes early, and so they went ahead and sat us and started us on signing the paperwork--we were about halfway through when the realtor got there--so we finished up...(notice I say NOTHING about the seller......hint hint...) He showed up 25 minutes late, took him three minutes to sign his documents and then he got up and started to walk out!!!! Sandy, our realtor was like "umm...I guess you have somewhere else to be?!" and he responded with somethig about being a busy guy...he was as much of a jerk face to face as he was over the phone. BUT, it was done. and in...less than 45 minutes?? So we drove to the house, got out, and the youngest was sleeping, so we had the middle boy sit with him for a minute--I didnt cry all through the closing itself but when I stood there in MY driveway...yepppppp.....MY MY MY driveway...the tears just started streaming. My hubby grabbed my hand, handed me the keys, and said "I want YOU to do it". (he had purchased a home right after we got together on his own, years ago, and didn't even want me to go to the closing then (he was too macho and wanted to do it "all on his own") That just made me cry more, lol. I think I stood at the door for 5 minutes before actually walking in...then I stood inside on the foyer and cried some more. Seriously, ladies and gentlemen...I was a happy mess. (now, remember also that I haven't been to sleep for more than a 2 hour nap since Monday morning, 7am!) I RAN like a 5 year old kid through every room of the house sing-songing "it's ours, it's really ours!"

QWe got the boy's rooms painted -1st coats, will need second ones tomorrow. and I took a pair of trimmers to the awful hedges right before we left tonight, lol. My husband stood there and looked at me like I was crazy, and I am not sure they look any better now than before, but at least I can walk up the steps and DANG did it feel good.

I need a shower, lol....so I am going to do that, but I will visit in the am before heading over.

Thank you all for thinking of me...it has touched my heart to have so many people care and think of me. It truly has!

-Oh--and as a side note--some ofyou may have seen me mention something about starting a "mommies network" group for Knoxville-- The Mommies Network, a not for profit mommies group has over 90 sites in the country--they are an awesome group--I left one in MD and placed an application to become a site admin for a new site in Knoxville-apparently 3 moms applied and I was chosen...I will go into more depth on what this is going to involve and everything, but I am so excited!!!!

Have a wonderful evening, Knoxville...wishing you all joy, happiness and peaceful dreams. God Bless!!

(It's almost PARTY TIME!!!!!! )

Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,073,081 times
Party, another Knoxville party......

Mystic so happy for you.........

Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
Congratulations once again Mystic, love your story of walking up to your new home, it made it sound like we were right there with you. I wish you many years of happiness in your new home.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:25 AM

Congratulations!!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 AM

Thanks, everyone--couldn't have done it without you all...and I mean that. Getting ready to head back over there in just a bit...the apartment is starting to look strange...not that it ever really felt like "home" but we have taken about 4 van-loads (my van with the seats folded down) over to the house--we want to get as much out as we can besides furniture so that we can have the movers help haul the furniture ONLY. Every muscle in my body is sore this morning, lol...makes me realize just how out of shape I am

Talk to you all tonight...What is everyone else up to??

Pam, I am not sure if I already said this or not, but I am so glad you are coming back!!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:42 AM

Well, today is my Friday, so I am thrilled. I am currently at work, but will be out by 3 a.m.

Now don't go and be a hotshot. I still have tons of stuff I haven't unpacked and have only painted one room. I do have a winter garden, but the perrenial garden is only about 1/8th done.

It sounds like you are already ahead of me!

Then again, I am 20 years older and a fixer-upper, myself.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Well, today is my Friday, so I am thrilled. I am currently at work, but will be out by 3 a.m.

Now don't go and be a hotshot. I still have tons of stuff I haven't unpacked and have only painted one room. I do have a winter garden, but the perrenial garden is only about 1/8th done.

It sounds like you are already ahead of me!

Then again, I am 20 years older and a fixer-upper, myself.

Not true, my friend! 20 years older maybe, but I think you're just great the way you are! And I would have never guessed the age by your pics or by talking to you on the phone unless you had said it!

I am not ahead of you by any means---I just attacked a bush and started painting the kid's rooms...DH is stacking all of these boxes all over the place and I keep having to move them around, and I havent "cleaned" anything yet, lol!!

I really AM getting ready to leave soon...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville