Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 09:30 AM

4,704 posts, read 25,303,508 times

Advertisements

We found out recently how the L O A works in reverse. We were talking about how my daughter works at a bank and while different branches have been robbed, she has never been involved. The next day she was robbed by the man dressed as a woman with a bomb.
We are not going to dwell or talk about negative things from now on. Only positive stuff.

BY the way, I am not a new age kind of guy.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:44 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Barking Spider...have you just read or saw the DVD "Secrets" lately? There seems to be quite a movement that practice L O A.
Well I didn't have to sit and watch 12 hours of the Godfather. Seems Bill can't get the theatre system to work.
Pam

Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
My husband commented on how he never gets sick like our daughter or me. A day later he had the worst stomach bug he's ever had and I've ever seen. He got a really bad cold after that.

Might be something to that!

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, barking spider.

And sorry about your situation, Pam.

We ate lots of flaming cheese! Great lazy New Year's celebration. Unfortunately, I just woke up with an asthma attack. Feeling better now, though.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Smile Another year older, wiser and poorer. Oh, well, life is good!

You all are such a nice group of folks on this forum! You have always been kind and thoughtful to me and others that post here. Hooray and great 2009 to all of you.

I am a little concerned about all of the bugs, viruses and ailments that seem to parade across these pages, though. Do we need a shot of springtime sunshine already? I'm afraid that the sunny warmth is going to have to wait another couple of months.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's terrible experience, barking spider. I think it is more of a sign of the times we live in than any karma, strange vibes or such. There is so much unrest and constant flux of events these days. It sounds like the actions of a desperate person who made a selfish, mean choice to victimize innocent people. And, these innocents are faced with the same kinds of stress, but choose to cope in good, moral, sane ways. I hope that your daughter can manage to get over this trauma.

Have a wonderful 2009, Hik. A repeat of 2008 in all of the good ways would be super. Tell Fred to get well, but please to keep his germs to himself!

Pam, hope you are feeling better. SMG always knows the top docs to see for anything that might befall us.

Gailli, GBH (Awww, you're easy to be nice to.) Tn405 and all, have a happy safe and prosperous year. I'm planning on one myself.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:27 PM

204 posts, read 580,755 times
Default Spring

How many days? I love the chill but need some spring air to get the bugs out of the house.

Trudging along. The flu has left me with two things and any suggestions would be welcomed. I have a cry hacking cough which is a super pain and since coughing so much a terrible backache. Any home remedies?

I know the good vibes sent on here will help.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,748 times
Wink Happy New Year All

Happy New Year 2009 to all the CD forum posters in East TN and every where! Just a quick note to let everyone know we are back in the heat of Central FL after enjoying a wonderful two full weeks in East TN. What a Christmas spirit shared by all. DH and I met some of our forums friends for lunch and chatted with others by phone. You are all wonderful people and I'm proud and happy to know you not only as cyber posters but as real folks.Thanks for your kind thoughts and regards while we were away. I'm humbled by your sincere wishes. Sending good wishes for a happy, healthy 2009 to all. Those who have been visited by the bug hope you've recovered. It's never a whole lot of fun to be ill at any time but especially during the holidays. Yuck.

Since I'm exhausted from the all day trip, I'm heading off to snooze land.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Unhappy Sorry you're feeling so crummy, Tn405. Get well soon.

Tn405, I know that tea with lemon and honey always soothe my cough. I don't know of any natural expectorants to loosen up all of that gunk in your bronchial tubes and lungs that create the dry, hacking cough.

Lemon and honey help, but sometimes it takes a good expectorant to really loosen things up. And, don't forget to drink plenty of water. It does help to liquify the mucous so it can move out all of those hiding places.

I usually get very sore stomach muscles from coughing a lot. It sounds like your stressed out muscles are in your back. I guess one is as bad as the other. Try a nice warm heating pad and even a long warm soaking tub bath would help both the back and the lungs (Ahhhh, steam!)

I sure hope you are feeling better soon. My DH has had the same symptoms for the past week while all of the family was here - even those sweet grandbabies! - but, he refuses to do anything except to wipe his sore nose with napkins, of all things.

I have tried to convince him that the investment I made in the lotion infused tissues would soothe his red, shiny schazoodle, but will he listen?

Feel better soon, Tn405!

Old 01-03-2009, 05:06 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
TN405, it sounds like our wonderful Gem has given you about the best advice around!! I'm so sorry that you are still feeling bad!! I'm going to say an extra prayer for you tonight and will keep you in my prayers until I know you are feeling great!!! How is your DH doing? Didn't he come down with the flu too? I think we all need a good dose of SPRINGTIME to get us feeling good again!!!

Suzanne, I'm so glad that you let us know that you arrived home safely!! I have been thinking about you today - wondering if you were on the road yet! I know you are exhausted from that trip, so you sleep good and we'll look to hear from you tomorrow!! You can tell us about how wonderful it is to be back in that 'warm' weather!!!

Gem, sorry to hear that your DH has this nasty cold that seems to be going around!!! I for one have purchased several boxes of Puffs Plus and won't use anything else.....and my nose isn't sore or red either!! I can't even imagine using a rough napkin each time!! Your hubby must look like Rudolph by now!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 05:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Ah gem. Now this is a WONDERFUL start to the year! You came just in time!

Napkins of all things, indeed. We bought those fancy tissues when Lauren had the strep and they are great!

All is well here. No more sickness which is wonderful because I am rapidly running out of sick days!

We sure missed you on the forum. It is not the same without you. Every day I look, but no gem sighting.

Don't give up. That house will sell. I will send good vibes.

Happy New Year to you, and Suzanne and EVERYONE else.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:27 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
Suzanne, great to know you made it home safe, you are going to miss out though on the snow flurries this week, I myself am looking forward to it, as long as I dont have to go out in it I love it.

Went to Maryville today and did some shopping, its so nice there, I saw the most beautiful house for rent there, too bad I have a years lease where I am.

Well, hope everyone that is sick feels better soon and everyone has a great 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville