Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:12 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Today is forecast to hit 100F for the first time this season (June 2, 2015).
Well, as "official" forecasts tend to do, this one fell short yesterday as it topped out at 95F late afternoon. And the rest of this week is forecast to remain in low 90s PLUS a promise of rains each day beginning this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 02:36 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,701,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
Which are we talking about, Tucson or Las Cruces? Tucson Guayabera season - definitely over 100 many many many days, hits 110 many days, and above. And Las Cruces very hot also.
I was talking about Las Cruces.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:04 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsx9 View Post
I hope it never gets to 110 there. I am going to try living living there for 6 months and see how it goes. I can't stand the traffic and road rage in south Florida but I like a warm climate. I hope people are a little more polite on the roads than in Florida
I used to live in Ft Lauderdale and Tampa. Trust me, 100+ degrees (and LOW humidity) anywhere in NM is going to feel downright balmy compared to 99+ degrees and 80%+ humidity you're enduring in FL.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:55 AM

50 posts, read 81,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I used to live in Ft Lauderdale and Tampa. Trust me, 100+ degrees (and LOW humidity) anywhere in NM is going to feel downright balmy compared to 99+ degrees and 80%+ humidity you're enduring in FL.
You have no idea how happy that makes me. I'm in Delray Beach right now and planning the move to Cruces because I can't stand, the congestion, rudeness, road rage, and gridlock of this place. The humidity and torrential rains in the summer aren't so great either.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:55 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,632,784 times
Quote:
You have no idea how happy that makes me. I'm in Delray Beach right now and planning the move to Cruces because I can't stand, the congestion, rudeness, road rage, and gridlock of this place. The humidity and torrential rains in the summer aren't so great either.
Surely you knew this about Delray BEFORE you moved there? How did you zero in on Las Cruces? Research is the mother of all decisions. Thorough research is the mother of all good decisions....

Old 06-14-2015, 01:25 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
Surely you knew this about Delray BEFORE you moved there? How did you zero in on Las Cruces? Research is the mother of all decisions. Thorough research is the mother of all good decisions....
Not necessarily. It depends on how long ago OP moved to Delray. It used to be a quite little town before that whole area became a huge sprawling metro.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I moved to Delray in 1993. I moved away in 2003 and tried to move to Cruces in 2005 and 2007. I came back to Delray after living In Nashville for 5 years. I spent 6 weeks in LC back in 2006. I need a smaller city without traffic jams and away from the congestion and rude nasty people of S. Fla. It is insanely expensive to live in this rotten place

Old 06-17-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Not necessarily. It depends on how long ago OP moved to Delray. It used to be a quite little town before that whole area became a huge sprawling metro.
The reason I was asking is because some people can't be happy anywhere. Then some other people don't do any research about a place and then have problems. Torrential rains and humidity is part of living in (south) Florida and has been part of living in FL forever. Yes, places have grown in the last 20 years but the OP went back to Delray again to live there. LC has grown I am sure in the last 20 years too. I sincerely hope the town is the solution for him/her! Was not trying to be malicious, was just curious. Sorry for asking the obvious

Old 06-17-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
The reason I was asking is because some people can't be happy anywhere. Then some other people don't do any research about a place and then have problems. Torrential rains and humidity is part of living in (south) Florida and has been part of living in FL forever. Yes, places have grown in the last 20 years but the OP went back to Delray again to live there. LC has grown I am sure in the last 20 years too. I sincerely hope the town is the solution for him/her! Was not trying to be malicious, was just curious. Sorry for asking the obvious
Ok, would you like constant road rage, people cutting you off and riding your bumper in the right lane even when you are driving above the speed limit? Would you like constant grid lock every place you go with no way to get away from others? Of course it's the area. I came back for family but now they are all dead so it's time to leave

Old 06-18-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Ok, would you like constant road rage, people cutting you off and riding your bumper in the right lane even when you are driving above the speed limit? Would you like constant grid lock every place you go with no way to get away from others? Of course it's the area. I came back for family but now they are all dead so it's time to leave
I spent 5+ years in South FL between 2005 and 2012 - I know the area very well. I think - yes, the traffic will be WAY lighter in Las Cruces than it is in South Florida but that goes for any area that has lower population density - many such towns around the country. My point was that picking a place out of the hat is always a dicey proposition - did not mean to rile you up. It is my observation that a lot of people came to Florida after a 15 day vacation, in love with the beach etc. and then realized life isn't a vacation (lack of research). You did mention that in addition to the traffic, constant thunderstorms and humidity do not help, didn't you? Surely you knew FL had that all summer long before moving there?

Anyways, Las Cruces is a place my wife and I like also, we are considering moving there. However, we have lived in a much drier area than FL since 2012 - we have visited NM multiple times, Las Cruces and El Paso twice and we have a realtor we are working with. My opinion is that you have to LOVE the desert to be happy in it, just like you have to LOVE the ocean and the humidity to be near it. For us, we love both and plan on spending 1/2 of the year in FL and 1/2 in NM. Funny enough, we plan on spending the summer in FL since we like FL without the snowbirds and the water is the best in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces