Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:51 AM

1,966 posts, read 4,343,494 times

Advertisements

In my 4 years here, this one has been the worst. A lot more sneezing for me but the rest of the family is fine; however, compared to being back in DC where I would be absolutely miserable this time of year, it's not so bad.

Gotta be the result of global warming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,695 times
Quote:
Gotta be the result of global warming
I heard this on the news......one of the highest pollen count years on record and global climate change has resulted in an earlier spring and it lasts longer so the plants are pollinating longer. When my husband comes home from work, where the truck has been parked under a tree, it is completely covered in the green pollen and we have to hose it down before pulling it in the garage.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:07 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,695 times
Quote:
I would take a warm cotton ball and gently wipe it.
Thanks, I'll try that, maybe the vet will know of something soothing I could put on the cotten ball. We've always joked that instead of us having cat allergies, she has people allergies........but she's been sitting in the widnows all week while it's windy watching the birds, so I bet that's it.

Quote:
yeah...they are addictive and probably no good...but you have to breathe, right?
I try my best not take it for months, but then I'll break down and need a Claritan D. I took it 4 evenings in a row this week and then had a doc appointment, and they said my blood pressure was up and it was the decongestants. I told them that not breathing at night would also raise my blood pressure, so I was picking my battles. But it's the ONLY drug that works for me and I've tried them all. I'm allergic to everything.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,566 times
Allegra has worked beautifully for me. In fact, I took it for 2 weeks and now I don't even seem to need it anymore.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
Although I probably did and didn't know it, I didn't think I had allergies until I'd been here a couple of years. Since I came in 1964, I've had a zillion people tell me the same thing; after two years they had allergies here. Mine started with constant runny nose (Do noses run in your family, too? ) and I lived on antihistamines, and went through Kleenex by the carload. Then after several years, everything I ate started making me deathly sick.

My neighbor who was having some of the same problems, but mostly it caused her to be crippled by arthritis, told me about how Dr. Robert Milne had helped her. To my surprise she had actually walked next door to our house to tell me when I'd never seen her out of her wheelchair.

So my wife and I went to see him (He's on Pinto Lane BTW). He helped a lot, but he's not covered by insurance so it got expensive. Meantime, my wife read one of his books which was on either asthma or migraines, and in it he mentioned N.A.T.E. We looked it up, ordered a book on line, and got interested. The author said she could totally eliminate your allergies. On her website she listed practitioners she had trained, and luckily, there were some in Las Vegas.

We went to see a married couple that were working together at a chiropractic office, and the husband taught us how to treat ourselves. We learned what we could from him, and from reading, and experimenting. After stumbling along, not doing it 100% correctly, it took us eleven years to rid ourselves of all allergies. If we had known what we know now, it probably would still have taken five years. But, we did it.

Some of the things we were individually allergic to were strange, but Dr. Nambudripad says you can be allergic to anything under the sun, including the sun itself. And I was allergic to the sun. I was even allergic to oxygen, protein, and my wife. I was allergic to the red sandstone that is all around us. I found that out because every time we'd go to Zion I'd have a severe reaction. There were allergies to plastic, radiation from TV screens, certain vitamins, digestive fluids, coal ...you name it, one of us was allergic to it. Food additives have been my biggest problem. I pulled up a list of food additives and preservatives on the internet one time and got hundreds of pages of them.

We tend to think of allergies as caused by cats or pollen. You can be allergic to those things, but we found that those are just the tip of the iceberg. They show up when your system just can't take anymore. They are obvious, so people think allergy means pollen. Not at all.

But what is most important is to understand that nearly any illness you can name stems from allergies. Not just to ragweed, or dog hair, but hidden from you are dozens and dozens of allergies that you don't even know you had. Oh, that heart attack ...too many cigarettes and fatty foods? Nope. Allergies to cigarettes and fatty foods maybe, but we know it's allergy to something(s). Cancer? Think about it? What are those cells trying to do ...rid themselves of something? How about road rage? Didn't you feel tired, frustrated, and a little sick before you screamed at that guy in the next car for nothing but a lane change? Head aches? Easily handled. Pain in the lumbago? No problem.

I know all this this will fly right over most people's heads, and they will just shrug it off as some lunatic remarks, but it does work. At first I thought Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique was a big scam, but when you're sick enough you'll start to listen. After about a month of treatments we had one of the worst pollen seasons on record, and I found that even in a forest of mulberry trees, I wasn't even sniffing, so that's when I decided it must be working. In less than a year I knew this was the answer to allergies. Since then we've discovered that other doctors have tweaked the technique in different ways, but it all works.

Now there are a lot more practioners in Las Vegas. Dr. Lin Zhang, Dr of Chinese Medicine, at Tenayan and Cheyenne, is one. We go to her too, but just as often as hse gives us advice, she asks our advice on NAET too. We turned he on to it a few years ago.

Check these sites out. Oh, and yes, your cat, your dog, and your horse, and probably your goldfish, can all have allergies, and you can learn to treat them too. We have one dog that never has any, and one we've treated several times, usually for food allergies. We just treated him this week for something that's in the air. He's better now. He didn't even bite the pizza guy just now.

NAET - Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques are alternative allergy medications used to reduce or eliminate allergy and disease

For BioSET Practitioners - Dr Ellen Cutler - Creator of the BioSET holistic approach to healing - DrEllenCutler.com

IBA Global Healing | Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas