Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:40 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times

Advertisements

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_conscious_consumer/110/cities-with-best-and-worst-tap-water.html

`

Last edited by scirocco22; 12-13-2009 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 04:56 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
I disagree with this study in general. I agree the tap water here taste like crap. I will not even drink it. However, at work we have these huge reverse osmosis filters, and the water comes out great. I just bring a gallon jug to work every couple days and refill it to use at home.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:58 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,675,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I disagree with this study in general.
On what grounds??? You said your self the water is crap that comes out of your tap.

BTW taking water home from work in a jug for future use is stealing.
Stealing tap water b/c you don't find the tap water in your home satisfactory is kinda sad.

I really had no issues with the water (at least where I lived). I liked it MUCH better than other cities that use so much chlorine that the water stinks like bleach when you open the tap. It's hard water but that's a given for the area.

I didn't realize it would rank THAT poorly to be honest.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
On what grounds??? You said your self the water is crap that comes out of your tap.

BTW taking water home from work in a jug for future use is stealing.
Stealing tap water b/c you don't find the tap water in your home satisfactory is kinda sad.
Oh give me a break. Where I work is secured, and I have cameras monitoring me 24 hours a day. Don't you think they would have said something by now considering I have been doing it for 3 years?? By the way, my client has gives us free coffee, food and candy. I really think they could care less about the couple cents worth of water I take each week. Think before you post, because what you posted is completely idiotic, especially since you know nothing about my job.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:12 PM

946 posts, read 2,605,182 times
Tastes fine to me. And considerably cheaper, too.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:56 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,725,143 times
Taste fine for me also. I just use the cheap charcoal filters to get rid of the chlorine taste.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:59 PM

946 posts, read 2,605,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Taste fine for me also. I just use the cheap charcoal filters to get rid of the chlorine taste.
Purist.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:33 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Oh give me a break. Where I work is secured, and I have cameras monitoring me 24 hours a day. Don't you think they would have said something by now considering I have been doing it for 3 years?? By the way, my client has gives us free coffee, food and candy. I really think they could care less about the couple cents worth of water I take each week. Think before you post, because what you posted is completely idiotic, especially since you know nothing about my job.
Unless you have explicit permission, you're stealing - period. Now, they probably don't or wouldn't care about a little water, but that doesn't change the fact of what you're doing.

Right now it's just water... next you might figure they won't miss that box of pens or paper clips.. then what won't they miss after that? At what point is what you're doing "wrong"?

Stealing from your employer is pretty crappy, especially for someone involved in security. Have you ever wondered why, after three years, you're still working graveyard and haven't been promoted?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Unless you have explicit permission, you're stealing - period. Now, they probably don't or wouldn't care about a little water, but that doesn't change the fact of what you're doing.

Right now it's just water... next you might figure they won't miss that box of pens or paper clips.. then what won't they miss after that? At what point is what you're doing "wrong"?

Stealing from your employer is pretty crappy, especially for someone involved in security. Have you ever wondered why, after three years, you're still working graveyard and haven't been promoted?
You guys are unbelievable. I am not a thief, and I have NEVER stolen anything from my work. Do you really think I would risk my license and job for 5 cents worth of water each week. When I started, I was taken upstairs to the kitchen, and told what we could have, and what we couldn't. We are not allowed to take food from the fridge that has a name on it, and we are not allowed to take BOTTLED water from the fridge as that is for guests only, and that includes the people who are employed with the company. We are allowed to take candy, leftover food, and coffee and water from the machine. Now that I think about, one of the managers of the client I work for said I should not be taking the water. I said I did not know I was not allowed to. He specifically said he could care less about me taking the water, but has noticed I use the same container, and it is not healthy because of chemical residue from the plastic. You see, one night a week the building is staffed all night for a release, so I am not alone on my shift. They have seen me do it many times. If they told me not to do it, I wouldn't.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I forgot about this part. I know exactly why. First off, I am an excellent employee. I show up everyday, and not even once have called in sick. In fact, I only called off for one day in the whole 3 years I have been there, and I gave them 2 weeks in advance. I am typically late no more than 3 times a year. The company typically promotes guards to patrol drivers. I have been told that because of my DUI, I can not be promoted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas