Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM

37 posts, read 118,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Why wouldn't you rent a place for a year? Houses are not great investments, at that price, for short term decisions, in Las Vegas. I wouldn't think anyway. I could be wrong, but if I was just "testing the waters", I'd rent. Also, by doing that, you can easily change your location if you should happen to like another one instead of your original one.
at 300k I'm willing to take a chance.... Worst case scenario I have a beautiful 2nd home... most people in manhattan after they have children they move to westchester, jersey, connecticut, or long island....the suburbs.... so my suburbs will be a little bit to the west... Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM

307 posts, read 928,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplnowsoonLV View Post
at 300k I'm willing to take a chance.... Worst case scenario I have a beautiful 2nd home... most people in manhattan after they have children they move to westchester, jersey, connecticut, or long island....the suburbs.... so my suburbs will be a little bit to the west... Lol
I don't know if you currently live in a doorman building but you might want to consider a guard gated community with a clubhouse. The suburbs version of a doorman and the clubhouse will be a great amenity and give you an opportunity to socialize, which is a great thing when you first move to an area where you don't know anyone. Of course the price of the homes will be more expensive as will the HOA fees.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEPNYC View Post
I don't know if you currently live in a doorman building but you might want to consider a guard gated community with a clubhouse. The suburbs version of a doorman and the clubhouse will be a great amenity and give you an opportunity to socialize, which is a great thing when you first move to an area where you don't know anyone. Of course the price of the homes will be more expensive as will the HOA fees.
Yes... I would want to be in a gated community.... I do now live in a doorman building... But I grew up Roslyn on the island without a doorman...... Lol

Old 07-12-2011, 02:42 PM

That's GUARD gated!

Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
That's GUARD gated!
Ohhhh come on... I'm sure a gated community in Henderson is very safe!!! Has to be safer than the UES of manhattan.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Has to be safer than the UES of manhattan.
Check the crime statistics for both, I seriously doubt it. The UES is very affluent and has a very low crime rate compared to NYC as a whole.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Check the crime statistics for both, I seriously doubt it. The UES is very affluent and has a very low crime rate compared to NYC as a whole.
UES is a little overrated... I have lived here for many years... what part of NYC do u live in??

Old 07-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
UES is a little overrated... I have lived here for many years... what part of NYC do u live in??
It may be overrated but it is safe, convenient and affluent. Of course, expensive, crowded, gritty, etc. You know what they say about familiarity breeds contempt.

We're in Midtown East.

Check out the schools in in Vegas, I hear they are not high rated.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
It may be overrated but it is safe, convenient and affluent. Of course, expensive, crowded, gritty, etc. You know what they say about familiarity breeds contempt.

We're in Midtown East.

Check out the schools in in Vegas, I hear they are not high rated.
I used to have a place on east 38th and 1st... The Corinthian... I loved it there... My parents are on 56th and 1st...

Old 07-12-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
My parents are on 56th and 1st...
Wouldn't be Plaza 400?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas