Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,998,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
Is that per car? That's the coverage I have as well.
No, that's the annual premium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,371,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
No, that's the annual premium.
Annual per car or for both cars ($1,200 or $2,400)

Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Annual per car or for both cars ($2,400)
Two cars, $1,200 total. Not $2,400. Not any other number. It's $1,200. Twelve hundred is the number thou shalt count. And the number of the counting shalt be twelve hundred. Eleven hundred thou shalt not count, excepting that one count eleven hundred on the way to twelve hundred. Thirteen hundred is RIGHT OUT.

Once you have reached twelve hundred, being the twelve hundredth number, lobbest the Holy Mutual Insurance policy at thou foe, who being distracted while texting, shall snuff it.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 PM

419 posts, read 907,367 times
I've found the comment about insurance companies making attractive offers to new customers and then raising the h*ll out of the premiums in year two and three to be true. I've seen that with Allstate and Farmers.

I swear there must be more switching back and forth between companies for auto insurance than any other product.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Two cars, $1,200 total. Not $2,400. Not any other number. It's $1,200. Twelve hundred is the number thou shalt count. And the number of the counting shalt be twelve hundred. Eleven hundred thou shalt not count, excepting that one count eleven hundred on the way to twelve hundred. Thirteen hundred is RIGHT OUT.

Once you have reached twelve hundred, being the twelve hundredth number, lobbest the Holy Mutual Insurance policy at thou foe, who being distracted while texting, shall snuff it.
What a character you are. LOL

Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,890,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
I've found the comment about insurance companies making attractive offers to new customers and then raising the h*ll out of the premiums in year two and three to be true. I've seen that with Allstate and Farmers.

I swear there must be more switching back and forth between companies for auto insurance than any other product.
Every company has to change their rates here and there. Insurance commission wont let low rates stay in effect either if they are too low. So what most people end up seeing are big rate shifts in first few years, but after you stick around awhile every company will give you some variation of a loyalty discount which will offset most rate spikes. Also keep in mind most companies are national so when hurricanes and tornadoes devastate areas thousands of miles away customers in all areas have to help absorb those hits through rate increases.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 PM

According to my agent, all insurance companies low ball new customers to get them in. Similar to the cable/satellite companies. Most people don't like switching as it is a hassle, so many stay until they realize they are paying way more than their neighbor.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
According to my agent, all insurance companies low ball new customers to get them in. Similar to the cable/satellite companies. Most people don't like switching as it is a hassle, so many stay until they realize they are paying way more than their neighbor.
Again, although I'm sure I sound like a broken record -- USE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANIES.

We've been with our mutual for more than a decade now. And our rates keep going down because of their loyalty discount program and the fact that we become a better risk as we get older. (Up to a point. But by then I don't plan on driving anymore.)

I'm of the opinion that anyone who doesn't use a mutual deserves whatever car insurance screwage they get. (Hint -- The ones that advertise on TV are NOT mutual insurance companies.)

Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 AM

395 posts, read 1,081,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Several people noted unusually low auto insurance rates in another thread [mod cut-commenting on moderation] so I want to start a new thread on the subject of what people actually are paying for auto insurance.

A premium was mentioned of $179 for 6 months which I assume was for 15/30/10 coverage(minimum requirement). Personally I wouldn't feel safe without uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage for obvious reasons.

So how much do you pay???
I'm curious why you would say the bolded?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,890,159 times
Quote:
Again, although I'm sure I sound like a broken record -- USE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANIES.

We've been with our mutual for more than a decade now. And our rates keep going down because of their loyalty discount program and the fact that we become a better risk as we get older. (Up to a point. But by then I don't plan on driving anymore.)

I'm of the opinion that anyone who doesn't use a mutual deserves whatever car insurance screwage they get. (Hint -- The ones that advertise on TV are NOT mutual insurance companies.)
Some mutual companies have the most expensive rates around. Just depends on what losses they have been taking and where they are in their growth plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas