Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:54 PM

134 posts, read 548,258 times

Advertisements

Are any of the cast actually at the shop to be seen ever. Everyone I know that has gone says no, but I figured I'd ask people in the forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM

579 posts, read 997,096 times
I had a friend in town that insisted on visiting there. The shop sells more tshirts than anything else, and I would think it falls more under tourist trap than attraction. I am not a fan of the show though, and my friend enjoyed his visit there.

He asked the security guard and was told the cast is on site only when the show is being recorded. During recording sessions, the pawn shop is closed to the public.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM

134 posts, read 548,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
I had a friend in town that insisted on visiting there. The shop sells more tshirts than anything else, and I would think it falls more under tourist trap than attraction. I am not a fan of the show though, and my friend enjoyed his visit there.

He asked the security guard and was told the cast is on site only when the show is being recorded. During recording sessions, the pawn shop is closed to the public.

thats what i assumed. they make enough to either have other business ventures or not work at all now. Thanks for the reply. a little dissapointed but oh well. I personally like detroit pawn better but sure wouldn't visit there.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:07 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
I doubt if they'd be working the counter now that they are rich and famous. But they are the management and that's what you hire people to do. I've seen them out and about though. Rick and Big Hoss were shopping for computers one day at the same time my wife and I were. Big Hoss grinned when he saw that we recognized him. I've sat at the same table a couple of times with Mark at a lunch of old media guys that I sometimes attend. And Wally has been our mechanic for years. Just regular folks, but it's a hassle to be fending off fans all the time. When my wife was on air talent we couldn't eat out without people interrupting all the time.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
I drove past the store one day and Chumlee was out front posing for a shot with a couple. Haven't seen anyone else in person and no one was there when I took my sister there to check it out.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
We went once last October and as we were going in, the owner, the oldest guy was leaving with his entourage. Only glimpsed the side view and the back and *poof* they were gone.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
We went once last October and as we were going in, the owner, the oldest guy was leaving with his entourage. Only glimpsed the side view and the back and *poof* they were gone.
Famous restaurant in Summerlin. Probably half the evenings...VG are the initials. South end of the bar.

Was active three months ago...there was an incident involving Police so it may have dropped off...but I think the old man likes the spot.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:21 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
It would take a lot of work to produce the most popular show on cable twice a week. It doesn't just happen with no script and no research or planning. I'm sure they have all done their time in the shop as regular guys long before they got this idea. But now their time is not their own. Besides learning about all this stuff and deciding which things to have on the show, to camera blocking, and rehearsing the script, etc., they have a pretty full plate. They make promotional appearances around the country on other shows, and probably in person at various events, too. I understand that Rick reads all the time, and the others have to know what they are doing too. Chumlee's dumb act is just an act. I understand he's very smart. So if you see any of them "working" at the shop it'll be after the show runs it's course and is off the air...uh, I mean, cable.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 AM

542 posts, read 986,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Famous restaurant in Summerlin. Probably half the evenings...VG are the initials. South end of the bar.

Was active three months ago...there was an incident involving Police so it may have dropped off...but I think the old man likes the spot.
The Volive Garden sucks. Why would anyone eat there?

Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post

Mmmmmmmmmm...not my experience.

I went there because I was bored and waiting for my friend's wedding that night.

Walked in, and Old Man and Rick were there (no Chum or Hoss).

They were taping. They just told us to stand off to the side so we wouldn't be on camera.

Everything was effin' faked and the 'expert' they were going to have come in 'later' fake walked in the door (he had been waiting off to the side).

It was the 'ship's bell' episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas