Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 11:05 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You know sometimes this gets silly.

I will freely assure you that there are scorpions in Sun City Summerlin. I probably know a half dozen addresses that have them. I also know about 500 or so that do not appear to. Unfortunately I cannot be sure and the only real proof is to live there a few months.

They are geographically sparse. Three or four houses. Sold a house in the first phase a couple of months ago and we found one under the refrigerator. I got to stomp it. The buyers were familiar with the creature and were not perturbed...in fact way less so then I would have been.

If I knew of a scorpion presence you can bet you would hear about it even if the seller would not disclose. It is a real thing and should always be disclosed.

For things like this the neighbors are a much better bet than the RE Agent. Sometimes though it is a neighborhood secret and no one owns up until you kill a few.

The treatment is to go kill the little buggers. They fluoresce and you whack them. They only reproduce once a year...so if you knock them back hard a couple of times you may be able to eliminate them. Get rid of all the hiding places and it is much more manageable.
Nothing silly about it and it's not just in reference to scorpions. A realtor simply won't know things neighbors will.

Calm down a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 11:12 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Nothing silly about it and it's not just in reference to scorpions. A realtor simply won't know things neighbors will.

Calm down a bit.
What I said was...

Quote:
For things like this the neighbors are a much better bet than the RE Agent. Sometimes though it is a neighborhood secret and no one owns up until you kill a few.
The "silly" was a reference to the comment before you.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:17 AM

Got it. It does get confusing.

BTW, the guy that does our exterminating has a lot of connections across LV in regards to his profession. He apologizes for not being able to get rid of scorpions and tells us that from talking to others he has learned that they have spread across almost the entire valley and will only continue to do so.

If you don't have them, wait. You will.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:10 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,998,833 times
Pah!

What do you expect an exterminator to know about pests? Really, the nerve of some people.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:42 PM

Lmao

Old 08-09-2015, 09:26 AM

39 posts, read 129,895 times
Just popping back on this thread to say..... essential oils are totally bogus when it comes to repelling scorpions. My house smelled great but that was the limit to its effect. We have lived in this house for 3 years now. Until hiring an exterminator, I would find a scorpion at least once a week. The worst was when it rained. They would all come running inside. *shudder We ended up calling the Bug Bully, who originally commented on my first post. He totally cleared up the problem! He comes once a month and we very, very rarely find a scorpion. If we do, it is in the throes of death. He is totally awesome. Sometimes, mid month those little black ants decide to invade part of the house out of nowhere. He will come back, free of charge, and those suckers are gone!! So, I would say to anybody having this issue, forget the homeopathic essential oil route and don't believe any exterminator who tells you a scorpion problem can't be handled. Dan, the Bug Bully, can do it!

Old 08-09-2015, 11:51 AM

295 posts, read 362,869 times
I have been living in the Green Valley/Anthem area for almost 20 years and have not seen a scorpion yet, and yes I do not look for them. I had Palm trees and so does the neighbor. I guess I am luck in this respect.

P.s. I moved overseas or 5 years during the period mentioned above but kept my house.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:57 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,939,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwruk1 View Post
Just popping back on this thread to say..... essential oils are totally bogus when it comes to repelling scorpions. My house smelled great but that was the limit to its effect. We have lived in this house for 3 years now. Until hiring an exterminator, I would find a scorpion at least once a week. The worst was when it rained. They would all come running inside. *shudder We ended up calling the Bug Bully, who originally commented on my first post. He totally cleared up the problem! He comes once a month and we very, very rarely find a scorpion. If we do, it is in the throes of death. He is totally awesome. Sometimes, mid month those little black ants decide to invade part of the house out of nowhere. He will come back, free of charge, and those suckers are gone!! So, I would say to anybody having this issue, forget the homeopathic essential oil route and don't believe any exterminator who tells you a scorpion problem can't be handled. Dan, the Bug Bully, can do it!
I'm curious as to what your exterminator uses. The exterminator here in Pahrump that we used, killed everything but scorpions and that was the only reason I was using them was to get rid of the scorpions!!! We spray with hot shot and it works great on everything but scorpions. I hate them. I wish Dan, the Bug bully was in Pahrump! It's a bad problem out here. I never saw one in the 15 years I lived in LV!

Old 08-09-2015, 01:24 PM

2,851 posts, read 4,524,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
It's a bad problem out here. I never saw one in the 15 years I lived in LV!
i have seen 1 baby scorpion in the 10 yrs i've lived in pahrump. it might be a problem in your neighborhood, but not valley wide.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:05 PM

39 posts, read 129,895 times
Scorpions are the worst! You could always give the Bug Bully a call. They are super nice and might be able to give you some advice! GL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas