Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:32 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago de pampanga View Post
Rejoice!!!!!

now all we need is the counter burger
The Counter in Pasadena stole $3 from me. I won't ever eat at one of their establishments again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 10:55 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
I read somewhere that Dan Cathay softened his views on homosexuals later in his life and quietly stopped funding any family values groups that were actually covers for gay hatred. He still believed in the traditional family, but did in fact have at least one close gay friend.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:04 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,475,620 times
Chick Fil A is amazing!!!! They have the best chicken, the best waffle fries the best dipping sauces ever. Chick Fil A and In and Out Burger are the only fast food chains in this country worth talking about.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:21 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
We recently got the first Chick Fil-A in Washington State in Bellevue. I have not been there yet and have no intention of trying it until things calm down. They have been open for 3 weeks and still have police traffic control and at times gridlock the area with cars waiting to get in. I don't know if it's transplants from the south or what, but so far they appear to be making a fortune.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:28 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,121,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We recently got the first Chick Fil-A in Washington State in Bellevue. I have not been there yet and have no intention of trying it until things calm down. They have been open for 3 weeks and still have police traffic control and at times gridlock the area with cars waiting to get in. I don't know if it's transplants from the south or what, but so far they appear to be making a fortune.

The one In Wilson has been open, at least, 10 years that I know of, and I have never seen them not busy. Except on Sunday, of course, because they're closed for story time.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,786,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I would NEVER eat at a restaurant that discriminates, As Chris Rock says, First its one group, then it's the black and the Jews..

THAT TRAIN IS NEVER LATE

Jonathan
My son works at a Chick-Fil_A and he nor his coworkers have ever refused service to anyone.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:44 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
My son works at a Chick-Fil_A and he nor his coworkers have ever refused service to anyone.
It isn't that the restaurant discriminates. It's that the owner gave oodles of money to groups that do. He claims to not do that anymore. But for awhile, buying a chicken sandwich there was essentially supporting groups like the Westboro Baptist Church.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:08 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea View Post
except on sunday, of course, because they're closed for story time.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:26 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,343,494 times
All I have to say is about da#n time! As an east coast transplant, it was so stupid that they haven't had a location here. However, the one who finally opens one up better have plans in place for multiple locations because it will be slammed all day and yes their waffle fries and lemonade are fantastic.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:07 PM

17,600 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I would NEVER eat at a restaurant that discriminates, As Chris Rock says, First its one group, then it's the black and the Jews..

THAT TRAIN IS NEVER LATE

Jonathan
Who are they discriminating against?

Do they refuse to hire someone who is gay? No. Do they refuse to serve someone who is gay? No. so.. Exactly how do they discriminate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
My wife's gay best friend eats there... he PURPOSELY eats there. In his mind, he's winning. They are serving a gay man, and there's nothing they can do about it..
You think they really care? They're a business.. They care about one thing.. Getting money. Not particularly where it comes from. I'm sure they're as happy to serve a sandwich to a gay man as they are to serve one to the Pope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I think your friend is touched in the head. Dan Cathy gave millions in contributions to groups and politicians who are trying their best -- right now -- to make your friend's life miserable. I don't understand why some people are so fixated on the sex lives of strangers. But some people are, and it consumes them. Personally, I think it's repressed homosexuality -- I'll bet Dan Cathy has homoerotic fantasies, as did Fred Phelps. And rather than DO something about their gay fantasies, they try to make everyone around them as miserable as they are.

I'd sooner drink bleach than eat one of their effin' sandwiches.
Key word.. gave. They haven't given any money to those groups since 2012. And, also.. The focus for them was support of 'traditional marriage' not trying to outlaw homosexuality. Personally, I've always thought that the simplest answer would be to call them "Civil Unions".. That way, the religions could be happy that "Marriage" was between a man and woman, but others could be happy that they got the exact same thing with their own special name for it.

That's the thing about these 'protests'.. People don't know when things change. Almost like Rosanna Rosannadanna.. "well then.. Nevermind". There's people now who say they refuse to order from Domino's because their owner (who sold the chain in 1998 or so) donated money to several anti-abortion groups. No need to refuse to order from Domino's because of that.. If you want to refuse to order because the food sucks.. More power to you. Refusing to order because the owner from 20 years ago did something you don't like is dumb.

So.. Now that CFA does not give money to those organizations.. Does that change the minds of people about eating there? usually not.. Because it's not about that.. It's about being a narcissist and a contrarion and continuing to say that you never eat there is about setting yourself apart in order to feel superior to everyone else... Or it's just stupidity in not realizing that things have changed.

If you dug through every company's form 990.. You're likely to find a donation to some place you don't like.. Or some practice of the company that you don't like. So.. you probably wouldn't drink the bleach because of some donation P&G made to some group that you disagree with.

Good food, good service.. I'll eat there. Place like Jack in the Box? The food sucks.. I don't care if my eating there once feeds a family in Africa for a year.. If CFA started giving money to terrorists.. I probably wouldn't eat there. But, I also wouldn't go around trying to get people to pat me on the back by telling them "Oh, look at me, i'm so much better than you because I don't eat there"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas