Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:11 PM

572 posts, read 1,684,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
No point. Where is your primary residence? NY, or LV? Of course, in a short time period, any weather can be found enjoyable, even the extreme, even though LI is not extreme, while LV is extreme. I just don't see your logic.
Been through this, I thought. Primary is NY. Within the year primary will be LV. LV has been part-time residence since 2003. There was no logic to discuss. It was a simple, friendly thread. You're thinking too much into it.

I already see where you are getting with this, Sheriff. Anything that you will probably say to try and defer me is something that I have considered already. I'm aware of all the crime, and the statistics, and the heat, and everything else there is to know. I'm not like the 3000 other people who come thinking there is an instant utopia only to find out in a short amount of time that its not the oasis that the movies make it out to be. I'm already aware of the "cesspool qualities"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 10:21 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,333,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
Been through this, I thought. Primary is NY. Within the year primary will be LV. LV has been part-time residence since 2003. There was no logic to discuss. It was a simple, friendly thread. You're thinking too much into it.

I already see where you are getting with this, Sheriff. Anything that you will probably say to try and defer me is something that I have considered already. I'm aware of all the crime, and the statistics, and the heat, and everything else there is to know. I'm not like the 3000 other people who come thinking there is an instant utopia only to find out in a short amount of time that its not the oasis that the movies make it out to be. I'm already aware of the "cesspool qualities"
Well, than as an unofficial goodwill ambassador to LV, I wish all of the best to you and yours in your future move.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Davey, it rained most of the day here. Saw the most spectacular rainbow over Aliante around 4pm today. Temp was around 51 with the rain. To the locals, it was cold. lol
Next week is in the low 70's. And sunny.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:33 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
Personally, I've always missed the four seasons living in Vegas, especially autumn. It's why I like Albuquerque and Reno. They both have four seasons but it's still a dry, high desert, climate. Besides, being a former skier, I like to see it snow.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:51 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,333,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Personally, I've always missed the four seasons living in Vegas, especially autumn. It's why I like Albuquerque and Reno. They both have four seasons but it's still a dry, high desert, climate. Besides, being a former skier, I like to see it snow.
The four seasons exists in LV: Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas: A Luxury Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada

Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
That's the only Four Seasons I wanna see.......

Old 02-23-2008, 11:12 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,476,338 times
Quote:
Ya know Sheriff, you really DO have a good sense of humor, I liked that...you get one of those rep things from me!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:04 AM

38 posts, read 139,713 times
In New Zealand, it rarely snows at ground-level. In 1992 there was a 'large' snow-fall in Christchurch (it was a few inches) and everything shut down. There are no plows, so sanding equipment... the city just closed. It was chaos. There was actually a book written about that snowfall

Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNewZealand View Post
In New Zealand, it rarely snows at ground-level. In 1992 there was a 'large' snow-fall in Christchurch (it was a few inches) and everything shut down. There are no plows, so sanding equipment... the city just closed. It was chaos. There was actually a book written about that snowfall
That is precisely what would happen in Las Vegas. Three inches and the town would shut down.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
That's what happened in St.George, Utah around 10 years ago when I was living there. It snowed all day, all night long and all day back then, it was in November. There were no snow plows so they just shut the freeway in both directions and everyone was just stuck in town. It lasted about 3 days, until everything was back to normal.
It was fun, i kind of miss that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas