Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 11:46 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop01 View Post
He may be busy working. You guys are certainly having a lot of fun with this.
Most of the information is readily available on the web. I found some of it in a few minutes to satisfy my curiosity and as a personal challenge. I am not in the real estate or lending business or anything even remotely connected with this area. Some of the information is available from title companies free as a "courtesy" to the trade or can be purchased from web companies for a fee. The payoff for the mortgage comes from the lender directly based on a specific payoff date as I understand it.
Recorded documents at the clerks office would cost me money so I didn't pursue it any further. I could deduce loan balances from the documents based on origination date(s), origination and recording fees, original loan balances and "stated" down payment assuming regular payments and no "principal only" payments but it's only a close approximation.
In the current world of the internet, companies abound that provide this information and much more.
Since he did lay it out as a "challenge" and assuming the name was given correctly, I don't feel that I'm revealing anything that isn't publicly and easily available.
The challenge that I posted is actually public information, so I don't mind that people are taking me up on it. The name is correct, you can also look me up on the Nevada Mortgage Lending Division website. I don't necessarily doubt that sherrif can uncover some of the things I asked him about, given enough time and effort. I don't think that he could come up with all of it though, and keep in mind that I could pull that information on anyone with just a name in a matter of minutes for free. I would imagine that a RE agent could go a bit farther and tell you who manages your HOA, what your monthly HOA dues are, what the measurements of your kitchen are, etc., based on just your name, and could likely do it with a minimum amount of time and effort as well. Keep in mind as well that I am not asking for estimations. I want my current rate, noteholder, principal balance, etc., on my mortgage. If one is to actually succeed at this challenge they must prove that they can obtain all of the information that I can readily and freely obtain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
The challenge that I posted is actually public information, so I don't mind that people are taking me up on it. The name is correct, you can also look me up on the Nevada Mortgage Lending Division website. I don't necessarily doubt that sherrif can uncover some of the things I asked him about, given enough time and effort. I don't think that he could come up with all of it though, and keep in mind that I could pull that information on anyone with just a name in a matter of minutes for free. I would imagine that a RE agent could go a bit farther and tell you who manages your HOA, what your monthly HOA dues are, what the measurements of your kitchen are, etc., based on just your name, and could likely do it with a minimum amount of time and effort as well. Keep in mind as well that I am not asking for estimations. I want my current rate, noteholder, principal balance, etc., on my mortgage. If one is to actually succeed at this challenge they must prove that they can obtain all of the information that I can readily and freely obtain.
I realized after I posted (I was out at the time) that short of actually ordering a payoff, a current principal balance is unobtainable so I withdraw that. If one uses the tools I have at my disposal, however, a current note rate is still obtainable. Also, if it is proven that an average joe with no RE affiliations can obtain this information (keep in mind the info I requested is not all that is needed to truly perform RE transactions on a regular basis) I will absolutely apologize, retract, and eat a big fat helping of crow!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:08 PM

Quick update:

Coop01 actually took my challenge and while not giving me everything I asked for, mainly I think due to the fact that the country recorder charges for recorded documents, he did come up with enough for me to reconsider what I originally said and amend it.

I do still stand by some of what I wrote earlier, however someone with no RE affiliations can access many, but not all, of the tools that are available to RE professionals. Do I still think that the average joe can become more proficient than many RE agents? Generally I would say no and I will stand by that. Good job Coop01, and thank you for having the respect to respond with my info via direct message.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:56 PM

151 posts, read 246,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Quick update:

Coop01 actually took my challenge and while not giving me everything I asked for, mainly I think due to the fact that the country recorder charges for recorded documents, he did come up with enough for me to reconsider what I originally said and amend it.

I do still stand by some of what I wrote earlier, however someone with no RE affiliations can access many, but not all, of the tools that are available to RE professionals. Do I still think that the average joe can become more proficient than many RE agents? Generally I would say no and I will stand by that. Good job Coop01, and thank you for having the respect to respond with my info via direct message.
Well done Coop and a Classy reply by M3. Coop just showed if you come armed with knowledge, your life choices can be improved. Just like the legal profession, the industry does not have deep dark secrets. All of us can learn if we take the time. It seems to me when many of us are spending life savings, it would be way more than prudent to learn everything you can without relying on any one individual. Do your best to not fall into M3's category of an average Joe... It can cost you too much to be average. Learn baby Learn.

FOD

Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,462 times
Default Home prices?

Heard something on the news the other night that existing home sales will dip another 5-10% in the next year. Seem accurate?

Also will all the new jobs openeing up at City Center & the Hard Rock help in 2009 or will the market just dive more?

Old 05-14-2008, 12:22 AM

21 posts, read 49,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Heard something on the news the other night that existing home sales will dip another 5-10% in the next year. Seem accurate?

Also will all the new jobs openeing up at City Center & the Hard Rock help in 2009 or will the market just dive more?
Well Positive one, I was more optimistic 2 weeks ago. I am a state employee and our lovely governor just announced and additionnal 14 to 22% budget cut for the next bienium (after already cutting 4.5% this year). If they go that route there will be layoffs which will lead to more foreclosed homes adding to the currently inventory ..... and you know the rest of that story.
Crossing fingers that this is only a temporary bump but the mortgage crisis is hurting Nevada revenues more than I thought it would (or could).

Old 05-14-2008, 04:09 AM

191 posts, read 665,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
(sitting down with some popcorn and pop to see how this is going to turn out...) ok i am waiting for the response from sheriff... chop! chop!

pass the popcorn please

Old 05-14-2008, 10:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
sorry i ate it all waiting for sheriff

Old 05-14-2008, 11:20 PM

191 posts, read 665,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
sorry i ate it all waiting for sheriff

lol...

ok so what do i do now that someone is beating me on this bidding war that the banks seem to have? any suggestions?

Old 05-16-2008, 12:11 PM

307 posts, read 928,109 times
A national finance magazine predicts more big price drops in the Las Vegas housing market, and that devaluation could mean more pain for the local economy, experts say.

Money magazine, in its May 7 issue, placed Las Vegas near the top of its list of markets poised for declines in housing prices in the next 12 months.

ReviewJournal.com - Business - Tumbling home prices seen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas