Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 09:38 PM

452 posts, read 336,693 times

Advertisements

driving under the speed limit is dangerous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 10:44 PM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
The roads are filled with graduates of public schools. They never learned physics.
Physics? At least 1 in 4 who graduate aren't at a 4th grade level in mathematics.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:28 PM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Doing that saved me not 2 weeks ago. My light turned green. Dude in front of me went. Got nailes by the dude that I saw not slowing down for his red light. Had I gone I would have been hit too.
You have to always assume that people are going to make whatever decision benefits themselves the most without factoring in how their decision impacts others. Selfishness is what this city was founded on and the roads are a reflection these values.

This entire metro area is populated by people who weren't successful enough to acquire good jobs/homes in the communities they came from, so rather than better themselves they moved somewhere that would be accepting of their poor choices.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:06 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
This thread has as many wonderful people as the other one.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:20 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Going less than the speed limit is perfectly acceptable. There is nothing wrong about it. There is no requirement to accelerate up to the posted limit. The posted speed limit is not a minimum required speed.

It is not acceptable to tailgate someone in front of you in an attempt to get them to drive faster.

Nevada has a Basic Rule for driving at a “reasonable or proper” speed Page 35/36 of Nevada DMV drivers handbook. If you are driving slow enough that there is a huge gap in front of you and a line of cars behind you, you should get your behind out of the left lane and into the middle or right. You can be ticketed for driving under the speed limit if you are backing up traffic by not keeping up with the flow.

As for school zones yes, I see a lot of people that wont slow down and parents are worst of them all! As long as their kid gets to school safe, they have no problem taking a chance of mowing down yours.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:51 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,146,969 times
I want these clowns in front of me. Only one way to do that - and that's what I do. I used to drive like that. Not anymore. A lot of it was learned in the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) course, which I've take twice throughout the decades. Learning to survive on two wheels directly translate to four.

* the first 3 sentences apply to 2 and 4 wheel driving.

When people say everyone drives too slow, they should move to the right lane, you know exactly what their (bad) driving habits are. It's an admission of guilt.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:52 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
That happens in the right lane, too.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:10 AM

496 posts, read 365,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
This thread has as many wonderful people as the other one.
All Hail Tek_Freek.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:02 AM

209 posts, read 263,947 times
I see a lot of comments to not drive in the fast lane if I don't like being tailgated for going to slow, well I'm driving 75mph, which is over the speed limit and grounds for a ticket if the cops weren't already too busy attending to yet another accident on the side of the freeway. How fast do I need to drive for it to be acceptable to be in the fast lane and not be forced to adjust my speed and lane for one idiot after the other? And it doesn't matter if I'm in the fast lane or the 2nd lane or whatever, it's the entire freeway that is full of Dale Earnhardt Jr's. I generally don't have any issues driving on the streets, it's a freeway problem for me. I mean, in one month I saw two cars in the slow lane drive completely off the freeway onto a dirt patch on the side of the freeway, and another lady in the fast lane drive into the center divider and continue to drive along it, sparks and everything, for at least 2-3 seconds before pulling back into the fast lane, and then continue to drive on the freeway like it never happened.

I have friends and family who come out here to visit pretty much every month. Most of them have never been anywhere in the valley outside of the strip, so they're always interested in coming to my house in Henderson to to see how us locals live. By far the most common observation from them is how bad the drivers are. Every single person that stays at my house comments on how crazy the drivers were on the way to my house.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:22 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,264 times
In fact, there is a law regarding driving too slow.

NRS 484B.627  Duties of driver driving motor vehicle at speed so slow as to impede forward movement of traffic; prohibition against stopping vehicle on roadway so as to impede or block normal and reasonable movement of traffic; exception.

1.  If any driver drives a motor vehicle at a speed so slow as to impede the forward movement of traffic proceeding immediately behind the driver, the driver shall:

(a) If the highway has one lane for traveling in each direction and the width of the paved portion permits, drive to the extreme right side of the highway and, if applicable, comply with the provisions of NRS 484B.630;

(b) If the highway has two or more clearly marked lanes for traffic traveling in the direction in which the driver is traveling, drive in the extreme right-hand lane except when necessary to pass other slowly moving vehicles; or

(c) If the highway is a controlled-access highway, use alternate routes whenever possible.

2.  A person shall not bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a roadway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

(Added to NRS by 1969, 1487; A 1983, 822; 1985, 339; 1995, 2441; 2001, 1506) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.373)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas