Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 09:33 PM

628 posts, read 398,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Do you realize how many unnecessary obstacles are in the way of the homeless today! Go apply for a job sometime after getting out of jail or prison! Good luck! Here, in Tucson, to get a job you need an address! OK! In Las Vegas, my home is in the Flamingo Wash close to Boulder Hwy, underneath a bridge!
Go get a job doing massage! First, you go to a Massage School and rack of $14k in student debt to get your license! First things First!

Anyone else can add to this list?

If I was a homeless person locked out of the workforce I'd wear a sign in back: I'm costing you $42.5k a year! Find me a job, and save yourself the money!

That's the average annual cost of having one homeless person on our streets!
The vast majority of them are hooked on Meth and usually multiple substances. My profession gives me special insight into this issue.

They also tend to get violent when they don't get their way. Witnessed this firsthand just a few days ago.

You should see the bills they rack up with their Medicaid coverage.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:41 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Do you realize how many unnecessary obstacles are in the way of the homeless today! Go apply for a job sometime after getting out of jail or prison! Good luck! Here, in Tucson, to get a job you need an address! OK! In Las Vegas, my home is in the Flamingo Wash close to Boulder Hwy, underneath a bridge!
Go get a job doing massage! First, you go to a Massage School and rack of $14k in student debt to get your license! First things First!

Anyone else can add to this list?

If I was a homeless person locked out of the workforce I'd wear a sign in back: I'm costing you $42.5k a year! Find me a job, and save yourself the money!

That's the average annual cost of having one homeless person on our streets!

Step one, don't go to jail. That was your first mistake. A CHOICE you made landed you in prison.
There are consequences to all of our choices. You can't get mad at anyone but yourself for doing something stupid.

Step two, if you need an address, get a PO box or use a friend/relative. They're not going to mail you anything or come visit you.

Step three, going into 14k of debt for a job that pays 39k median is mind blowingly stupid.

Step four, here's a list of places that hire felons. Companies Hire Felons - Get this Updated List for January 2019

Any more excuses for me to debunk?

Old 01-15-2019, 09:49 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
So you've gone from Carpenter to IT to welder? Wow, you are truly an amazing person there, EA.

You should try reading carefully. I said "ALMOST" got an IT position. This was years before I got into the carpenter's union.
I went from Carpentry to welding. I got certified to weld while still in the union. The carpenter's union covers steel stud framers, which weld clips to beams for said studs. They cover pile drivers who do underwater welding. And they cover millwrights who do a variety of structural welding. They have a CWI teaching classes. They have an water tank for training underwater welders. I taught myself to weld in my garage, took the one week class specifically to get a cert, and ended up being the only person in the class to get certified.

I even have 3rd party video of me welding.

Skip to 12:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od77SXQIBMs

Old 01-15-2019, 10:05 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
You should try reading carefully. I said "ALMOST" got an IT position. This was years before I got into the carpenter's union.
I went from Carpentry to welding. I got certified to weld while still in the union. The carpenter's union covers steel stud framers, which weld clips to beams for said studs. They cover pile drivers who do underwater welding. And they cover millwrights who do a variety of structural welding. They have a CWI teaching classes. They have an water tank for training underwater welders. I taught myself to weld in my garage, took the one week class specifically to get a cert, and ended up being the only person in the class to get certified.

I even have 3rd party video of me welding.

Skip to 12:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od77SXQIBMs

You should try taking a less condescending tone with basically everyone on this board.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:09 PM
EA

Want my respect? Earn it.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:09 PM

661 posts, read 631,796 times
EA, you still driving for Lyft?

Old 01-15-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Want my respect? Earn it.
You'll get what you give, then.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:06 AM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
EA, you still driving for Lyft?

I did 3 days in December, mainly to make up for all the money I spent on the kids.

I did 3 or 4 days in November to make up for the 450 I spent on tools.

I did 2 days in Oct just because I had 2 days between cars to fix.

I haven't done anything this year at all. I've had a steady stream of customers.

Quote:
You'll get what you give, then.

Does respect pay my bills? Nope. I don't really care about it.
You bring me your car. I'm polite to you. I am honest with you. I don't upsell you on stuff you don't need. I don't overcharge. I do good work. I get you back on the road quickly. You pay me. Everyone is happy. That's all I care about. I do not care about some anonymous dude on the internet respecting me. You don't matter to me until you bring me business. I shouldn't matter to you unless I bring you business.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Does respect pay my bills? Nope. I don't really care about it.
You bring me your car. I'm polite to you. I am honest with you. I don't upsell you on stuff you don't need. I don't overcharge. I do good work. I get you back on the road quickly. You pay me. Everyone is happy. That's all I care about. I do not care about some anonymous dude on the internet respecting me. You don't matter to me until you bring me business. I shouldn't matter to you unless I bring you business.
I thought you said that you were doing mobile repair?

Do you honestly think, that after the way you have acted on here, that myself and probably many others here would ever ask you to repair our vehicles or recommend you to anyone else? I mean, if you act like this on a public message board, I'm just tickled pink to think about how doing business with you might be.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:32 AM
EA

Quote:
I thought you said that you were doing mobile repair?

Do you honestly think, that after the way you have acted on here, that myself and probably many others here would ever ask you to repair our vehicles or recommend you to anyone else? I mean, if you act like this on a public message board, I'm just tickled pink to think about how doing business with you might be.

I am doing mobile repair.... Bring me business as in call me up and say "Hey can you fix my car."
Jesus you're special.

I can't advertise business on this page. I'm not trying to get people off this page.
I have my own pool of customers. I have good word of mouth. I keep my bills paid. Your opinion is meaningless to me.

You're clearly a troll. I'm going to stop replying to your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: