Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:43 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhale View Post
Oh, I don't know, President Palm. Maybe when DS41 dug him/herself deeper by saying
I belong to a variety of groups but the one where everyone complains about Mexicans, not so much. I'm sure everyone complains about Mexicans as DS41 said because it just makes sense. There's so much to complain about, I think I saw a Mexican flag flying on St. Patrick's Day amongst all the Irish Flags. Why can't these people just give up their culture and adapt already? You know they speak multiple languages, unlike most Americans who proudly display their ignorance at knowing only 1. Who do these people think they are making us look dumb?

EVERYONE complains about Mexicans because that's who we are. We ALL pick a race and just complain because that's the type of person you are, after all you are part of the collective everyone, are you not?

Remember, the next time you eat a delicious shawarma which is a middle eastern food I hope you feed that 2nd face too because you are supporting terrorism. If you go to the Red Square in Mandalay Bay or, let's say any Chinese place, well you're obviously a communist. Put that nacho down, you unpatriotic fool! Support the EVERYONE!
I will have to disagree with that. I think most immigrants that come from Latin America are the ones who are the bottom of the social class in their former countries. I have found that most do not even know how to read and write Spanish, but actually just speak it. I am just speaking from what i've seen. I personally think that if you are going to come to the United States, you should learn English and it should be mandatory. There is nothing wrong with speaking more than one language, but please do not impose Spanish on me in my country.

I have a customer that has a nice home in Green Valley. He is a Mexican citizen and is quite wealthy. Where does he live full time? He lives in Mexico full time because he is wealthy and has power in the upper class. He is educated and speaks perfect English and Spanish.

Soon, we can move this to the Immigration forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,623 times
What is a shawarmas?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:46 PM

207 posts, read 907,501 times
BAM!

Think Gyro but slightly different.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:47 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
What is a shawarmas?
Shawarma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to this, it is not only found in the Middle East but in Asia also.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:50 PM

Sounds pretty good!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:52 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
delicious....good ones in vegas?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 PM

I went through the tread pretty quick and didn't see, Where can you get them?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:58 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I will have to disagree with that. I think most immigrants that come from Latin America are the ones who are the bottom of the social class in their former countries. I have found that most do not even know how to read and write Spanish, but actually just speak it. I am just speaking from what i've seen. I personally think that if you are going to come to the United States, you should learn English and it should be mandatory. There is nothing wrong with speaking more than one language, but please do not impose Spanish on me in my country.

I have a customer that has a nice home in Green Valley. He is a Mexican citizen and is quite wealthy. Where does he live full time? He lives in Mexico full time because he is wealthy and has power in the upper class. He is educated and speaks perfect English and Spanish.

Soon, we can move this to the Immigration forum.
i concur....speaking multiple languages is great (i have some spanish myself...un poquito, but some). if you live here, speaking english should be a priority to learn. if for no other reason than in the case of an emergency there is no confusion, etc. i have a buddy who drove and ambulance in san jose...he does speak spanish, but not korean...a woman died as a result of no one on the scene being able to understand her or her family. even rudimentary english might have helped her. tragic and unnecessary.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:00 PM

Again, in keeping with the thread I have no beef with your food for thought AA. All I gotta say is that it smacks of the same resistance to learning that was proudly proclaimed when school districts wanted to ban the works of Kurt Vonnegut. I've lost the book, but in the intro to Slaughterhouse Five, a school official loudly exclaims that he does not read books. You don't want to learn another language, so be it. You realize your argument is that, ultimately, you don't want to better yourself and expand your knowledge base. You don't want to open avenues to more clientele with your pool service because learning is hard.

It's all your call but it's still the weakest of arguments I always hear on this matter. And btw, I did clearly write SPEAK and not comprehensively understand multiple languages. I understand literacy isn't equal across the world, but functional literacy is still valuable.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 PM

BUG,

I forget the names of the places, I just know the complex, sorry. If you want to look super cool in your internet searches, might I recommend looking up the location of the Amber Unicorn which is right next door to both places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas